Cheltenham Festival 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 4:29pm

I wasn't that taken by Finians Oscar on Saturday. I think something in Ireland could beat it.

I took the 8s to lay off later .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 4:31pm
Well I'd be happy if I was on at 8s like, just think he's beatable.
Novice form is very fragile, and don't think he beat much on Saturday.
heppies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heppies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 11:12am
More to the point how much is a pint of Guinness in the Guinness tent at Cheltenham.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 11:22am
Annie Power out - Looks like Faugheen for the Champion, VV Mag for the mares race so !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 2:05pm
Something not quite right with Mullins stable this season for me.
The Gigginstown split, hardly any runners in October or November, only one runner in England so far this season, Vautour's retirement, no sign of Faugheen yet, and now Annie Power possibly finished.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 2:12pm

Something not quite right with Mullins stable this season for me.
The Gigginstown split, hardly any runners in October or November, only one runner in England so far this season, Vautour's retirement, no sign of Faugheen yet, and now Annie Power possibly finished.

And banging in winners left, right and centre over Christmas !!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 2:46pm
Well that is true LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 3:49pm
Min and Faugheen out now too of Cheltenham

Rich Ricci's potential winners are dwindling by the week.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 4:07pm
Altior looks nailed on for the Arkle now.Petit Mouchoir could be a good bet in the Champion Hurdle,still around 5s I think

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 9:16pm
Any of ye lads that much into the horses that you take a week off work ? I know plenty of lads who have done so for years . I guess it's a buzz and you are either into or not

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 9:25pm

Any of ye lads that much into the horses that you take a week off work ? I know plenty of lads who have done so for years . I guess it's a buzz and you are either into or not

Have done a week of half days before for Cheltenham. Short on holidays this year so just have the Friday off to head down there.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 9:28pm

Have done a week of half days before for Cheltenham. Short on holidays this year so just have the Friday off to head down there.

Best of luck with your bets !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 9:33pm

[QUOTE=Butch]Any of ye lads that much into the horses that you take a week off work ? I know plenty of lads who have done so for years . I guess it's a buzz and you are either into or not

Best of luck with your bets ! [/QUOTE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2017 at 11:37pm

I'd usually take the week off or at least the 3 and a half days .
Its grand this year with Paddy's day on Friday,work Monday and just need 3 days leave to have the rest of the week off.

Still half tempted to go over for a day or 2 this year but hard go everywhere .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 12:25am
Wouldn't take a week off for it as it can be very draining! Always go for the Tuesday and Wednesday as feel they're the best days racing and also think the atmosphere is best at the start!

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 07 Feb 2017 at 12:25am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 6:56am
Heading up myself for the Tuesday & Wednesday and have the Thursday off work. Have normally went to GC day in the past.

Neon Wolf is my horse for the festival 👍🏻

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 7:14am
Coincidentally off work for the festival so will enjoy it. Would've taken the Thursday off tho, had I not already been off.
It's a great week in fairness, and it's only once a year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2017 at 11:37am
Am I totally mad in thinking that Sizing John might be worth an outside bet for the Gold Cup (NRNB) ?
Being continually second to Douvan is pretty decent form and won at Gowran after stepping up to 2 mile 4 on pretty soft ground last month. Obviously, Sunday will tell a tale but assuming he runs into the places then maybe a case could be made for him each way at a big price for the Cheltenham GC (Potts could have alternatives for the Ryanair and Alary might not be the gold cup horse they thought he would be). 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>