You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cheltenham Festival 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheltenham Festival 2017
    Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 11:02pm
Coneygree out of this years Gold cup injured.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 12:37pm
Shame about Don Cossack retiring
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 12:56pm
On the face of it, it doesn't look a very competitive Gold Cup this year. 
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 1:25pm
GC coming down to whether or not thistlecrack will last the distance. jumping fences certainly won't be the issue. but agree, could be a fairly tame fixture this year
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Plenty of other races at the festival bud.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 9:03am
COLIN TIZZARD said it was hard to know who could beat Thistlecrack at his King George-winning best, but revealed that Timico Cheltenham Gold Cup dark horse Alary is "bloody good" from what he had seen at home.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Of course - It doesn't bother me. I'll still be there on the Friday and if Thistlecrack bolts up then I'll be there cheering on a champion !
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 12:16pm

Of course - It doesn't bother me. I'll still be there on the Friday and if Thistlecrack bolts up then I'll be there cheering on a champion !
Good man I've never been to Cheltenham must be class.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 12:24pm

Moved to the UK in 2001 - No festival that year because of the foot and mouth.
Been to the festival every year since (as I've somehow managed to find myself still leaving over here!). Would never want to miss it ! Am fortunate, it's only 90 mins by train from where I am. 

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 1:16pm
Obviously a bit early to be doing antepost bets for some, but Finian's Oscar looks a great bet at 4s in the Neptune
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Obviously a bit early to be doing antepost bets for some, but Finian's Oscar looks a great bet at 4s in the Neptune

I backed him last Saturday and was impressed - The Tizzards obviously think a lot of him.
But he's short enough for me - Have to bear in mind that in the novice hurdle category, there are a number of horses who are yet to run over hurdles that could still very well have a say. 
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 1:33pm

Go most years myself personally don't think you can beat the Tuesday and Wednesday! My favourite races would be the champion hurdle and the bumper!

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 12 Jan 2017 at 1:33pm
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 1:43pm

I backed him last Saturday and was impressed - The Tizzards obviously think a lot of him.
But he's short enough for me - Have to bear in mind that in the novice hurdle category, there are a number of horses who are yet to run over hurdles that could still very well have a say. 

Oh of course ya,far from a banker. But as you say, the Tizzards do rate him highly, the yard is in form, the horse himself has looked very impressive so far. Could be worth a few bob anyway
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 2:07pm

backed him last Saturday and then took the 8s on offer in the Neptune.Didnt realise he was into 4s already.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Go most years myself personally don't think you can beat the Tuesday and Wednesday! My favourite races would be the champion hurdle and the bumper!

They are the 2 best days.Its way too packed on GC day.Can barely f**king move.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 2:10pm
I wasn't that taken by Finians Oscar on Saturday. I think something in Ireland could beat it.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

They are the 2 best days.Its way too packed on GC day.Can barely f**king move.

It's got a lot better the last 2 years - 3 years ago I didn't go on Gold Cup day because it had got far too busy but they've got a bit more sensible in terms of the number of tickets they sell and also the new stand helps a lot. Haven't struggled to get a beer and a bet the past 2 years. 
Dino Baggio View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dino Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 3:59pm

think he's a terrible price myself, won a nothing Grade 1 and Tizzard horses seem to have the bookies running so they've gone over short on him, i'd be surprised if there's not something better in Ireland to beat him
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic