You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

North of Ireland Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 129>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 1:42pm
The unionist vote will certainly be split further, not just between DUP, UUP and TUV ( current running order ) but by further defections to Alliance and a significant chunk of former voters who will stay at home. If Sinn Fein finish top, as the polls are predicting, they get First Minister- a huge symbolic blow to unionism, especially with the party's growing popularity in the south. Deputy First Minister carries exactly the same weight, it is effectively a joint office, but the DUP negotiated the different titles at St.Andrews assuming that they would be the largest party for the foreseeable future. Further disarray beckons for them if they have to nominate a 'deputy' to a Shinner. Alliance, if they finish runners-up, would have no such qualms but would be by-passed for a third placed unionist party ( still probably the DUP ) under current rules which favour the two large designations of unionism and nationalism, so they would have to designate as unionist rather than 'other' to take the Deputy First Minister post. A rule change is a possibility, of course, to deal with such an eventuality. Meanwhile over in London, the patience of the Brits is wearing ever thinner. The Tories are strongly anti-devolution these days after seeing what it has done and is continuing to do to them in Scotland and to a lesser extent in Wales. Many here believe that if the NI Assembly collapses again due to the unwillingness of unionism to do power sharing, it will not be back and the timetable for a border poll is likely to be accelerated.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 5:07pm
it’s a bit of a blazing saddles moment unionist s think we as nationalist have a great love of stormont which couldn’t be further from the truth - it’s a means to an end 

As as for equating ILA with scrapping the protocol ? Just bonkers  
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 8:41pm
We are going see the most violent marching season for 20 years.  
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I doubt it 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I doubt it 
Doubt it ok. 70s80s they would have followed Paisley into the sea.I think the LCC have to many ‘ahem’ business interests to have more security on the streets. 
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 3:19pm
I heard Susan mcKay speak on RTE news the other night about the North in general and her new book. She spoke really well, came across really astute. Really enoyed a lot of what she said and how she put her point across. 

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 24 Jun 2021 at 3:21pm
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 10:33pm
I see a fire station has to be boarded up because a bonfire might land on it.
TRV View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 11:08pm
They shouldn't be building fire stations or houses for that matter,  near bonfires Wink
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by TRV TRV wrote:

They shouldn't be building fire stations or houses for that matter,  near bonfires Wink
Maybe the parades commission should re route tte fire stations...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2021 at 10:07am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2021 at 4:22pm
Looks like Lance Corporal David Cleary will not be charged.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 5:18pm
For this one, the lads thought it was an EU flag LOL
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 5:21pm
Alaska? Starry Plough? 
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 5:23pm
I'd say it's the Starry Plough alright. There's a picture going around of them after robbing an Ivory Coast flag too.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 5:49pm
Are they trying to launch a rocket?
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 5:58pm
How the f**k is this allowed LOL
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Culture mate.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2021 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9495969798 129>
  Share Topic