You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

North of Ireland Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 129>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 9:42am
Didn't know that. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 10:52am
Mary and Robert moved North when Ireland was declared a Republic. According to Jim who thankfully want born in Monaghan, the reason for the move was his father “felt the noose tightening”.
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Mary and Robert moved North when Ireland was declared a Republic. According to Jim who thankfully want born in Monaghan, the reason for the move was his father “felt the noose tightening”.

They got through the upheaval of the 20s with no issues but 1949 was when the "noose started to tighten" LOLLOL
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

They got through the upheaval of the 20s with no issues but 1949 was when the "noose started to tighten" LOLLOL

Cavan were a dominant force in football at the time. Living in Monaghan was probably a little too close for comfort.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 1:04pm
Neil Redmond tore Gregory a new one this morning on Talkback
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Cavan were a dominant force in football at the time. Living in Monaghan was probably a little too close for comfort.

LOL
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

LOL
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 2:31pm
I remember Jim from way back when he was a law student at QUB. He was part of a small group of dour humourless Prods who looked and dressed like auld lads and never spoke to Fenians or went out on the lash, though I did see one of them order a half pint of Tennents once at the end of a four year degree course by way of wild celebration. Jim was a member of the DUA, the student wing of the DUP, when Paisley Snr was at his very worst. He is equally as sectarian now as he was then but that brand of political unionism is an old man's club and is doomed to increasing irrelevance followed by eventual extinction. I only found out about his parents on the radio the other day but he would have been eligible for an Irish passport anyway. Most of the DUP honchos have one now including Paisley Jnr, who is renowned for his enthusiasm for foreign holidays.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 6:08pm
The RUC showing their true colours this week 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 6:50pm

Mary sounds suspiciously Catholic, is there a hint of impure blood there

While Jim couldn't take his mother's name, he did the next best thing and became a screaming Mary

He remained loyal to his parents' native county by developing chips the size of drumlins on both shoulders

To be fair to Jim, he always loved the Free State - the Orange Free State
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The RUC showing their true colours this week 

Shameful but no surprise. Couldn't have blown their cover and double standards. 

I do worry these loyalists are gonna do something cowardly and stupid with this protocol stuff.

No leadership in unionism, they get flustered and just run with the idiocy of the extreme. 

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 8:13pm
Apparently they stood idly by watching a UVF show of strength during the week in East Belfast.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Apparently they stood idly by watching a UVF show of strength during the week in East Belfast.

I don’t blame them for that, there was about 50 thugs and a small number of officers but their handling of the wreath laying ceremony on the Ormeau road today was nothing short of disgusting.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 10:26pm
The guy who was arrested on the Ormeau Road was Mark Sykes, who I think is the father of the Oxford Utd footballer of the same name who switched allegiance to Ireland after playing for NI under-21s. Atrocious behaviour by the PSNI but sadly not entirely surprising given the levels of collusion involved in the Sean Graham's bookies massacre on this day in 1992. The arrested man was a survivor of that.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 1:30am

The symbolism of it would be enough to see Sammy Wilson, Jim Allister and friends heads explode, so bring it on 

I love the way Big Jim's parents are from Monaghan. He despises the South so much.
In fairness it's only natural to rebel against your parents. Wee Arlene Foster doing the same. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 8:21am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

The symbolism of it would be enough to see Sammy Wilson, Jim Allister and friends heads explode, so bring it on 

I love the way Big Jim's parents are from Monaghan. He despises the South so much.
In fairness it's only natural to rebel against your parents. Wee Arlene Foster doing the same. 

What did Arlene do?

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 8:41am
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 9:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 129>
  Share Topic