You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

North of Ireland Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8788899091 129>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

It's tough sh*t and they need to be told that, the protocol is what their British government signed up to. They voted for Brexit, they got Brexit. There was nothing on the ballot paper as to what form Brexit would take. It really is annoying that the EU dropped this absolute clanger with Article 16 because it gives the likes of the DUP and their supporters (and the British government) access to the moral high ground when they really have no right to it. 

This  - TBF they have usually played a blinder

It is teething issues as the timescales left no time to organise and GB suppliers aren't particularily bothered about the NI trade given its size so they didn't prepare   -

the EU will row back on the likes of pet passports which on the face of it would be a sensible idea and am sure there are a few other 'easy wins' to smooth over trade .

The Protocal will not be not be altered in anyway significant

Rovers passport climbdown will be dressed up as a great victory - cue photograghs of Arlene beside Rover ( I have resisted the obvious temptation )
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

It's tough sh*t and they need to be told that, the protocol is what their British government signed up to. They voted for Brexit, they got Brexit. There was nothing on the ballot paper as to what form Brexit would take. It really is annoying that the EU dropped this absolute clanger with Article 16 because it gives the likes of the DUP and their supporters (and the British government) access to the moral high ground when they really have no right to it. 

This  - TBF they have usually played a blinder

It is teething issues as the timescales left no time to organise and GB suppliers aren't particularily bothered about the NI trade given its size so they didn't prepare   -

the EU will row back on the likes of pet passports which on the face of it would be a sensible idea and am sure there are a few other 'easy wins' to smooth over trade .

The Protocal will not be not be altered in anyway significant

Rovers passport climbdown will be dressed up as a great victory - cue photograghs of Arlene beside Rover ( I have resisted the obvious temptation )

The EU showed their true colours with that move imo. I'm no fan of Brexit at all (other than the fact I think it will be the death of the Union) but nor am I a fan of the EU. They absolutely shafted us back from 2008 on and will do so again in the blink of an eye if it suits their agenda. Needs massive reformation but that won't happen. The whole Brexit bad therefore EU good narrative is embarrassing.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 2:12pm
Stephen Nolan is a dangerous individual, he is a threat to the peace process in the North! Gives every loony loyalist in the land a platform to stir up tension.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 2:26pm
Agree, he's done nothing but stir things up for years
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 3:33pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 4:50pm
All this noise provoked by the DUP is down to the recent Lucid Talk poll which showed their popularity plummeting. This has totally spooked the retards and hence they have reverted to type. This form of Brexit is their baby, it's what was left when they turned their backs on more reasonable compromises and allied themselves with Bojo and the far right ERG who promptly shafted them when it was expedient to do so. Joe Biden's intervention ensured there would be no hard border in the island of Ireland though the EU probably would have batted that off anyway. The DUP is now reduced to calling for the NI Protocol to be scrapped ( not going to happen ) and NI to be on the same terms as GB ( not as good as NI, which in turn is not as good as EU membership. Such are the sunlit uplands of Brexit). Stephen Nolan is going from bad to worse. There's a petition on his morning programme going the rounds on the excellent Pastor Jimberoo Twitter which I would encourage everyone to sign who finds his sh*t stirring as insufferable as I do.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 4:54pm
The DUP vote might split this year. Michelle O Neil as first minister?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

An interesting piece.

Choyaa does a bit of writing for Slugger and I always enjoy reading his posts.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

An interesting piece.

You post yourself on it HB ?

I think an ex poster from here does with the RJD moniker
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

All this noise provoked by the DUP is down to the recent Lucid Talk poll which showed their popularity plummeting. This has totally spooked the retards and hence they have reverted to type. This form of Brexit is their baby, it's what was left when they turned their backs on more reasonable compromises and allied themselves with Bojo and the far right ERG who promptly shafted them when it was expedient to do so. Joe Biden's intervention ensured there would be no hard border in the island of Ireland though the EU probably would have batted that off anyway. The DUP is now reduced to calling for the NI Protocol to be scrapped ( not going to happen ) and NI to be on the same terms as GB ( not as good as NI, which in turn is not as good as EU membership. Such are the sunlit uplands of Brexit). Stephen Nolan is going from bad to worse. There's a petition on his morning programme going the rounds on the excellent Pastor Jimberoo Twitter which I would encourage everyone to sign who finds his sh*t stirring as insufferable as I do.

all the unionists moaning about the protocol being 'not being good from NI' they are right in sense  as  its the least worst option  
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

An interesting piece.

You post yourself on it HB ?

I think an ex poster from here does with the RJD moniker

No I don't. I'd usually get the updates via Facebook.

But Mick Fealty's articles are beyond pathetic. He's worse than RDE.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

When are the next assembly elections
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

When are the next assembly elections
Next summer. I wrongly thought it was this year.

Edited by Jackal - 04 Feb 2021 at 7:09pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 7:10pm
A lot can happen in a year and a half in this wee place
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 7:15pm
Yeah. Thursday 5 May 2022. The office of First Minister is no more powerful than that of Deputy First Minister, it's a purely symbolic distinction and exists at the behest of the DUP who must have imagined they were going to be the largest party ad Infinitum, but current polling at least suggests that Sinn Fein will take over that mantle.

Edited by Green Cockade - 04 Feb 2021 at 7:15pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 7:26pm
The symbolism of it would be enough to see Sammy Wilson, Jim Allister and friends heads explode, so bring it on 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Yeah. Thursday 5 May 2022. The office of First Minister is no more powerful than that of Deputy First Minister, it's a purely symbolic distinction and exists at the behest of the DUP who must have imagined they were going to be the largest party ad Infinitum, but current polling at least suggests that Sinn Fein will take over that mantle.

Not sure it will come to pass next time - the DUP may fall a bit but not sure enough will go elsewhere after the stop Sinn Fein 1st minister campaign plus MON is freaking useless 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The symbolism of it would be enough to see Sammy Wilson, Jim Allister and friends heads explode, so bring it on 

I love the way Big Jim's parents are from Monaghan. He despises the South so much.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8788899091 129>
  Share Topic