You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

North of Ireland Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 129>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

I attended this yesterday. My observations were as follows. Members of SF as well as members of the PD and Felons Club dressed in their blacks and white lined the road from St Agnes right up to Milltown cemetery. All were at least 2m apart and there were stewards there asking them to do so (as well as issuing other instructions). All those behind the hearse were well spaced apart. Fr Gary was spraying what I assume was anti bac spray over anyone who was going in to the chapel. The main issue was those (like myself) who gathered on the streets and pavements to witness this event. Whether this was a SF organised funeral or not, believe me the people of West Belfast would have lined the street given the popularity of Bobby in the local community. At the cemetery again there was social distancing around the platform at the Republican plot but outside of that it was really a free for all for the rest who (like myself) turned up.

The selfie looks very bad, but one cant do much if 2 idiots approach and perhaps catch you off guard and put arms around you and take a photo

I had no idea he was this popular. What did he do specifically? (Not a loaded question)
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 10:24pm
Bobby would have known more about a loaded gun than a loaded question 
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Does the same criticism apply to the Noah Donohoe and Garda Colm Horkan wake and funerals?

Where both there were large gathering and social distancing were not really adhered too.
Noah Donohoe was a 14 yo child. Maybe consider leaving him out of your political whataboutery.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Does the same criticism apply to the Noah Donohoe and Garda Colm Horkan wake and funerals?

Where both there were large gathering and social distancing were not really adhered too.
Noah Donohoe was a 14 yo child. Maybe consider leaving him out of your political whataboutery.

meh

Edited by horsebox - 02 Jul 2020 at 9:03am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 9:59am
Jaysus lads, criticising SF is like criticising Conor McGregor: the masses will start coming for you !!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Jaysus lads, criticising SF is like criticising Conor McGregor: the masses will start coming for you !!

Not really.

3 funerals with large gatherings only one gets mentioned by every single MSM outlet in the country.

I didn't see any calls for the Garda commissioner to resign.

Complete over reaction if you ask me, political point scoring at best.

0 deaths and 1 covied case in the North yesterday.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 10:09am
What elected public representatives attended the other funerals, apart from Charlie Flanagan, as MFJ?

Edited by Het-field - 02 Jul 2020 at 10:11am
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 10:20am
Hundreds of Garda.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 10:20am

Hundreds of Garda.

I didn't know members of AGS were elected?

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 10:22am

Not really.

3 funerals with large gatherings only one gets mentioned by every single MSM outlet in the country.

The optics of this don't look good. How SF chose to react to that is up to them but I dare say trying to equate it to other funerals is not the way to try and convince any other people people who may be wavering in terms of how they feel about this. 
And they certainly won't convince anybody who had to bury a loved one in the North after a very reduced funeral service.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 10:29am

Not really.

The optics of this don't look good. How SF chose to react to that is up to them but I dare say trying to equate it to other funerals is not the way to try and convince any other people people who may be wavering in terms of how they feel about this. 
And they certainly won't convince anybody who had to bury a loved one in the North after a very reduced funeral service.

Surely the same logic should apply here. A lot MORE families in the South buried family members with heavily reduced funeral service.

The covid cases are a lot higher here too. But there has been no call for Flanagan or Harris to step down.

Why is that?

I just see this an opportunity to attack SF. Nothing more.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 10:41am

Not really.

Surely the same logic should apply here. A lot MORE families in the South buried family members with heavily reduced funeral service.

The covid cases are a lot higher here too. But there has been no call for Flanagan or Harris to step down.

Why is that?

Maybe there should. 
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 10:45am

Not really.

Why is that?

The last sentence pretty much sums up your attitude to any criticism of SF HBWink.

Predictably Arlene now wants blood. Watch her spit the dummy and collapse the farce. Advantage DUP - extremely naive of SF. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 10:49am
And it's no surprise to see you jumping on the bandwagon....
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 11:07am

LOL yeah this covid yoke is a right bandwagon. 

I want SF to provide leadership and effective opposition in conjunction with other parties who they can do business with. Sending mary lou, who's had Covid I'll add, to Belfast for the funeral (regardless of her personal relationship with the deceased) was extremely politically naive. 

And yes, mairead mcguinness was wrong, the gardai are nearly constantly wrong and any others attending mass gatherings are wrong. 

Incidentally, i think the global pandemic response is f**ked anyway and we could be dealing with this for years to come. 

My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 11:18am
Pointing fingers at other people, especially unelected ones is whataboutery. To the point, political leadership requires example, and MLM said as much after Varadkar's picnic in the park.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

LOL yeah this covid yoke is a right bandwagon. 

I want SF to provide leadership and effective opposition in conjunction with other parties who they can do business with. Sending mary lou, who's had Covid I'll add, to Belfast for the funeral (regardless of her personal relationship with the deceased) was extremely politically naive. 

And yes, mairead mcguinness was wrong, the gardai are nearly constantly wrong and any others attending mass gatherings are wrong. 

Incidentally, i think the global pandemic response is f**ked anyway and we could be dealing with this for years to come. 

Marylou tested positive in March I believe and was no longer infectious circa April 14th according to reports.

We are now in the first week of July.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 11:48am
This is how I think things will play out over the next couple of weeks. Michelle will step aside temporarily for someone like John O'Dowd whilst police investigate it. Police will come back and say no laws were broken and SF tried as far as was reasonably possible to ensure strict adherence with public health guidance etc at the funeral. Michelle will then be back in post.

In other SF executive news, Deirdre Hargey who temporarily stepped aside as Communities Minister is said to have a serious illness. Hope she makes a full recovery. Only in her 40s
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 129>
  Share Topic