You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

North of Ireland Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 129>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Cops have said there is no substance to the rumours I believe. 
If the PSNI told you that you posted on YBIG id suggest you check your browsing history.  If the rumours are in anyway true, the last thing they will do is confirm that they are. There would likely be massive public unrest. The cops up there already cant cope with bonfires and mostly turn a blind eye to loyalist hate as it is. 

Now again, Im not saying they are true or not, what I am saying is take what the PSNI say with a silo of Sodium Chloride.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 4:13pm
Do you not think there would be uproar from the family and those close to the family?

Baseless, vicious rumours which cause more harm than good.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 4:54pm
Will the post mortem results be made public, or is the chance they will keep them quiet?

There are a lot of questions to be answered but i'm sure his family will be asking them

bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 12:11pm
Funeral today
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 1:17pm
Think the SF leadership have made a bollocks of the funeral.

Gives oxygen to unionist slurs of paying respects to "shadowy figures", sets the wrong example to the public re gatherings and any personal respects could have been done in private before a very public funeral.

I don't agree with the narrative but there could be genuine calls for resignations, if Arlene attended an orange march in those circumstances could you imagine the outcry? 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 1:19pm
What's the issue exactly?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

What's the issue exactly?

Gatherings over allowed numbers. 
No maintenance of social distancing. 

In fairness HB, you won't agree regardless. But this will play very badly with the middle of the road who have or will give sf a chance for the first time. Whatever happened locally in West Belfast, was there really a need for both Mary lou and Michelle oneill to be at the funeral?

Just think it plays horribly from a PR perspective 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 1:28pm
Does the same criticism apply to the Noah Donohoe and Garda Colm Horkan wake and funerals?

Where both there were large gathering and social distancing were not really adhered too.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 1:33pm

Does the same criticism apply to the Noah Donohoe and Garda Colm Horkan wake and funerals?

Where both there were large gathering and social distancing were not really adhered too.

Yes absolutely 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 1:34pm
Its to be expected

Edited by Het-field - 01 Jul 2020 at 1:34pm
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 1:37pm
Fair point. The Bobby Storey funeral was always going to attract a crowd given his legendary status within republican circles. There does seem to have been strong efforts to adhere to the guidance as far as possible but the usual suspects have predictably jumped on the anti-SF bandwagon. Welcome to our world here in the north.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 1:40pm
I attended this yesterday. My observations were as follows. Members of SF as well as members of the PD and Felons Club dressed in their blacks and white lined the road from St Agnes right up to Milltown cemetery. All were at least 2m apart and there were stewards there asking them to do so (as well as issuing other instructions). All those behind the hearse were well spaced apart. Fr Gary was spraying what I assume was anti bac spray over anyone who was going in to the chapel. The main issue was those (like myself) who gathered on the streets and pavements to witness this event. Whether this was a SF organised funeral or not, believe me the people of West Belfast would have lined the street given the popularity of Bobby in the local community. At the cemetery again there was social distancing around the platform at the Republican plot but outside of that it was really a free for all for the rest who (like myself) turned up.

The selfie looks very bad, but one cant do much if 2 idiots approach and perhaps catch you off guard and put arms around you and take a photo
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Yes absolutely 

Then why aren't we hearing about it?

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 1:52pm
Yeah the selfie looks bad, she was silly agreeing to that

Funnily enough the exact same people in the north who defended Dominic Cummings are demanding ONeill resigns, but then again that is the north for you  
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 1:56pm

Yes absolutely 

Half of the problem in the north is the justification of wrong doing by reference to other wrong doing. Why not accept that it was wrong in isolation and that mistakes were made? 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 2:08pm

Yes absolutely 

Half of the problem in the north is the justification of wrong doing by reference to other wrong doing. Why not accept that it was wrong in isolation and that mistakes were made? 

Because I wasn't there to judge it and I'd rather see all the pictures and hear all sides of the story. And you only have to look at what bogball says, whereby measures were put in place and SF streamed the whole service too, but the fact is that he was such an iconic figure that it was inevitable there would be huge numbers.

My only gripe is the selective criticism here by the usual culpits, it's predictable and laughable really.

I doubt anyone would have the gaul to be seen criticizing the mourners at Garda Horkans funeral.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 2:59pm

Spot on.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 3:11pm
I see the Indo rolling out articles from RDE.

Absolutely scraping the barrel.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 129>
  Share Topic