You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

North of Ireland Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102103104 128>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 12:14am
No. Which is one of the reasons there may be great difficulty in getting the Assembly running again, though certainly not the only one. The DUP have shot themselves in the foot again and may well go down in history as proving that this failed political entity is ungovernable in its current form. Short term, the two governments would run the gaff , long term ( and maybe not so long ) we're looking at a border poll and a united Ireland.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 8:43am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Imagine being a unionist.  They have zero politicians who are any way progressive or offer good leadership that doesn't resort to the Ian Paisleyesque 1980s charicature.  They have zero interest in making the north a better place to live for everyone and their sole purpose is desperately trying to retain the PUV dominance and keeping them'uns suppressed.  They have the paranoia ''give an inch and them nationalists will take a mile''.

What a basket case of a place.
indeed

supporting brexit was a huge strategic error for the dup and unionism in general. support for the union is decreasing as a result, an economic border in the Irish Sea is now a reality and it has cost them support which could result in sf becoming the largest party in ni come may.

this latest stunt will only undermine their goal of keeping ni in the union. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 8:52am
NI voted to remain in the EU, but then just piggy backed off the overall UK result.

I think Doug Beattie would have been a good fit for Unionsim, for all his faults, he's not a raving bigot. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 9:50am
I think Beattie will still be good for the whole political sphere up there. Ticks more boxes than DUP leaders.

I hear Donaldson on Nolan Show this morning. They really are spoofers at the best of times. He's stating he's a democrat but in reality it's only when it suits him. He's stumbling along on the brexit debate because the bottom line is they drove the hard brexit along with the tories when the majority of people up north didn't want it. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 9:37pm

Good piece from a Brit journo.

Edited by Double Maxim - 07 Feb 2022 at 9:42pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Good piece from a Brit journo.

Interesting.  Thanks for sharing it.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 8:47am
Very accurate too.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 10:08am

Ian Og is starting to suss the lay of the land

El Puto Amo
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 10:15am
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2022 at 9:42am

Good Friday Agreement ‘Cannot Change,’ Biden Warns At St ...

Joe Biden has rounded off the St Patrick’s Day celebrations in Washington with an emphatic warning that the Good Friday Agreement “cannot change.” Appearing at the traditional shamrock ceremony in the White House, Mr Biden made an impassioned plea that the Good Friday Agreement be protected amid the ongoing back-and-forth

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Millwallrob View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millwallrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 8:40pm
I live in Northern Ireland, and it’s a political sh*t show, it’s all about orange and green to the main parties, working class unionists have no voice worth talking about, I won’t even bother voting again, and if I do it would be Ulster unionist if Doug Beattie is still in charge 
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 2:54pm
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/irish-foreign-minister-taken-off-stage-after-security-alert-2022-03-25/

sadly not surprised by this 
I must log into Twitter and see Jamie Bryson's opinion. 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/irish-foreign-minister-taken-off-stage-after-security-alert-2022-03-25/

sadly not surprised by this 
Expect more of this. Rats in a corner.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 5:56pm
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 6:17pm
Snarlene never was what you'd call a laugh-a-minute kind of gal. Mind you, she was right about Bono.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 1:35pm
I see Bwyson and his mates are making a show of themselves again. Very dangerous rhetoric he's spewing 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Snarlene never was what you'd call a laugh-a-minute kind of gal. Mind you, she was right about Bono.
Well she’s right about bono, peloti appears to be a grade 1 ***t and Biden is an idiot.
LOL
No Pasaran!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 100101102103104 128>
  Share Topic