You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

North of Ireland Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 125>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: North of Ireland Politics
    Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 3:03pm
McGuinness resigns as Deputy First Minister
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 3:08pm
Haven't said this about a Sinner in a while but fair play to him, he must have relocated his bollocks.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 3:12pm
I wonder is it more related to his health than the RHI scandal or both.

Foster has some arrogance, and playing the misogyny card is pathetic, especially since her own party make some misogyny comments from Poots and Wilson.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 3:13pm
Fair Fuchs
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 3:13pm
Foster has until 5pm to step aside otherwise Sinn Fein will force an election
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 3:14pm

He's murdered people with less force than that.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 09 Jan 2017 at 3:15pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 3:20pm
If there now is an election then it'll be very interesting to see how people vote - Will the UUP be in a position to pick up DUP votes ?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

If there now is an election then it'll be very interesting to see how people vote - Will the UUP be in a position to pick up DUP votes ?

That is the way I see it with SDLP increasing their seats too.

The DUP are dinosaurs...

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 3:24pm
NI needs a general election. 

I voted SDLP last time 1 and 2 and Alliance, as this was obvious to anyone who opened their eyes nothing has happened in the North since the early 2000's its time for a change. Eastwood has give an alternative over the last few months he carries no baggage, there is also the Alliance and UUP, Naoimi Long is superb and possibly the best politician in Northern Ireland.

Helpfully the electorate vote the alternative. Foster won't move, she'll be confident in an election. Hopefully this is the end of her and their party.

Edited by SByrne24 - 09 Jan 2017 at 3:26pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 3:25pm
Yah UUP and SDLP to pick up seats. Foster more or less said earlier 'if their's to be an election bring it on' better be careful what she wishes for.

randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

I voted SDLP last time, as this was obvious to anyone who opened their eyes nothing has happened in the North since the early 2000's its time for a change. Eastwood has give an alternative as do the alliance and UUP. 

Helpfully the electorate vote the alternative. Foster won't move, she'll be confident in an election. Hopefully this is the end of her and their party.

funny that, i recall you saying you vote sf... as well as being a tory boy LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

I voted SDLP last time, as this was obvious to anyone who opened their eyes nothing has happened in the North since the early 2000's its time for a change. Eastwood has give an alternative as do the alliance and UUP. 

Indeed. Seem to recall him stating previously he voted SF in NI and Tory in England bizarrely

SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

No, i repeatedly said on here SF/DUP cannot work and i voted the alternative in the recent election.. SDLP. I like Eastwood a lot, i think he's young and bright and offers NI a chance of working, the fact he went to the UUP conference says a lot about the chap.  

I previously voted SF, until the last election however as i did indeed state on here.

Edited by SByrne24 - 09 Jan 2017 at 3:28pm
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 3:28pm
Have barely followed the Ash for Cash, but reading there earlier one farmer got around a million of burning his boiler in an empty shed. Pinch
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 3:28pm
He said throughout the last elections in the north that he voted SDLP
He also likes the Tory party.
Strange, but how many times does he have to explain his reasoning?

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 09 Jan 2017 at 3:30pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 3:34pm
McGuinness hasn't confirmed if he'll run if there is a snap election. Some journos ssaying this suggests to them he won't

Edited by Denis Irwin - 09 Jan 2017 at 3:36pm

SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 3:36pm
McGuiness is seriously ill I reckon, he doesn't look well and hasn't been on a few trips he's lost a dramatic amount of weight also.

I think this is when NI politics turns on it's head, which is needed ASAP

Edited by SByrne24 - 09 Jan 2017 at 3:41pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 3:37pm
There are ninety minutes for someone in the DUP to knife her and get her to step aside.

Let's see what happens.

That said, while it may *appear* to be an inopportune time for an election for the DUP, they'll be happy enough to go with it if they actually have something to hide.

Their options are this:
1) The DUP fight an election on the current public knowledge, and suffer some electoral damage, on the basis of speculation about RHI, or
2) The DUP force Foster to stand aside, there's an inquiry soon enough and
i) if the DUP and Foster are found to have engaged in wrongdoing, they get hammered publicly and in elections, which are unlikely to be long in coming; or
ii) if there is no wrongdoing, or if it is just a civil service f**k up, they emerge closer to unscathed and there is minimal electoral damage because it's a few years to an election.

So if they've done wrong, it's almost in their interest to have the election now, when the full picture isn't clear, and won't be clear.... but Foster personally will be f**ked and they'll lose a few seats as a party for the duration of the next assembly. I wouldn't be surprised if she hung on, because it is almost in the party's interest not to have the full picture clear before an election, assuming this is as bad as it looks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 125>
  Share Topic