You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Away, Oct 9th 2017 - Ticket Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Anybody close to feeling normal yet ???
Was some night !!! On account of only getting into Cardiff at 3.30pm, I missed most of the madness outside of O'Neills. Did arrive in time to try and recruit Bernard Brogan for a bit of junior football in London ! 
I liked the stadium - Was expecting it to be a bit like most of the other out-of-the-box stadia that have been built but was actually good. Atmosphere was great from our lot as as always the Welsh anthem was class. Did bump into a few people who I knew going to the game : Could be totally wrong but not sure they would be regulars at home games let along away games but had tickets in the away end ?!?!
Some craic back in the Live Lounge after - Wasn't quite Campus in Glasgow but was pretty good all the same. 

Great first day back.

Fell asleep at my desk only an hour ago Embarrassed

Also had a meeting with the owner & managing director @ 10 am DeadLOL
Why no wine??!
Sponsored Links

bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 5:55pm

Was some night !!! On account of only getting into Cardiff at 3.30pm, I missed most of the madness outside of O'Neills. Did arrive in time to try and recruit Bernard Brogan for a bit of junior football in London ! 
I liked the stadium - Was expecting it to be a bit like most of the other out-of-the-box stadia that have been built but was actually good. Atmosphere was great from our lot as as always the Welsh anthem was class. Did bump into a few people who I knew going to the game : Could be totally wrong but not sure they would be regulars at home games let along away games but had tickets in the away end ?!?!
Some craic back in the Live Lounge after - Wasn't quite Campus in Glasgow but was pretty good all the same. 

Don't know which is worse, being nowhere near normal or trying to let on to the misses that I am
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 5:59pm
I actually have 2 huge bruises on my legs just below my knees from whacking them off the seats in front of me when McClean scored !
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 6:15pm

Nope absolutely struggling still. Teaching today was not fun one bit and just awake now. Went abit yoo hard on the drink over the 3 days. If there is such thing haha.
SeanCruz View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanCruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 6:17pm
Not even close to normal. Come down only helped by the next fix come this time in November!
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 6:30pm

I actually have 2 huge bruises on my legs just below my knees from whacking them off the seats in front of me when McClean scored !

Same here. Hadn't noticed them until the missus asked me what the hell was on my legs!
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 9:33pm
Did many people pick up tickets over there? Didn’t see many changing hands?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 9:51pm
Mate of mine had to shell out £200, but he got one about ten minutes before kick off.
MaximusGizmo View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaximusGizmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

I didn't pick up one anyway. Stopped lookin around 3 on Monday for one, I was just starting to get annoyed. So once I resigned myself to the fact I was watching in the pub it was grand.
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 10:05pm
Heard of one lad picking up a face value ticket. Was asked several times for spares.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by VanBosch VanBosch wrote:

Went over with 0/6 and ended up with 4 away end tickets Big smile Although 2 of those were arranged before we got over
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 10:27pm
Shocked to hear a grown man say straight to a girls face at the game ..: What a waste of a ticket !!!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 10:36pm
What w*nker said that?

Arsehole.

You don't need balls to watch football.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Shocked to hear a grown man say straight to a girls face at the game ..: What a waste of a ticket !!!

You should have told him later that the 1960's phoned with a message for him - they want their attitude back!

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

What w*nker said that?

Arsehole.

You certainly don't need them to play for Scotland.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:47pm
LOL
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

What w*nker said that?

Arsehole.

You certainly don't need them to play for Scotland.

Ah now, leave those poor skirt wearers alone.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

Originally posted by gwernybwch gwernybwch wrote:

Originally posted by Old Gill Old Gill wrote:

Is anyone looking to double up on turnstiles?

Think that you would struggle to do that. 
At the CCS because the turnstiles are fiddly electronic things there is usually a steward right by the turnstiles on the outside and another watching several turnstiles on the inside.

Did exactly this and got in. Know of another fella who did the same too

doubled up and told the stewards we got seperated from 1 lad but we had his ticket . We both had match tickets so only one of ours was scanned and we asked the steward to pass the ticket out the big gate that wasn't scanned and he did it no problem.

2 of us got in no problem, just picked a random young lad and told him the craic, great shout to try this anyway, little to lose, everything to gain Clap

I was talking to a few people who did that. Genius
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687>
  Share Topic