You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Away, Oct 9th 2017 - Ticket Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 87>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 11:43am
hard to disagree with most of whats being posted here just proves how flawed the system is.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sponsored Links

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 11:44am
You can check your account online back to Sweden away I've printed mine just in case the fai decide to wipe them. The software argument like everything else is bullsh*t and missy your intentions are good but defending the indefensible is making you look stupid .

The whole problem is the 2,100 tickets for the football family which is being used to look after everyone who licks or leaders hole including taxi drivers, have a few pints with him and tell him what a great man and singer he is.

As for the 1,400 I don't know when I last missed a game home or away and have a season ticket for years and was a block booker before that and I still don't know will I get a ticket for wales while people could pay €10 to join an sc before Scotland and we got tickets and spares from sc's were being sold at the crisc pub the day of the game.

40% is a farce and at that there is no breakdown as to how those tickets are being distributed. Why do the Crisc need a ticketing officer other than manning the turnstiles with the so called flow in Chisinau. The Crisc have no morals or principles as long as their getting their tickets.

Edited by gufct - 02 Dec 2016 at 11:46am
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 11:56am
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

You can check your account online back to Sweden away I've printed mine just in case the fai decide to wipe them. The software argument like everything else is bullsh*t and missy your intentions are good but defending the indefensible is making you look stupid .

The whole problem is the 2,100 tickets for the football family which is being used to look after everyone who licks or leaders hole including taxi drivers, have a few pints with him and tell him what a great man and singer he is.

As for the 1,400 I don't know when I last missed a game home or away and have a season ticket for years and was a block booker before that and I still don't know will I get a ticket for wales while people could pay €10 to join an sc before Scotland and we got tickets and spares from sc's were being sold at the crisc pub the day of the game.

40% is a farce and at that there is no breakdown as to how those tickets are being distributed. Why do the Crisc need a ticketing officer other than manning the turnstiles with the so called flow in Chisinau. The Crisc have no morals or principles as long as their getting their tickets.
Yeah what was the story with that fella standing at the turnstiles with mcgoo watching who was going in ?
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Ugh, this will be worse than Scotland.

Do you not think Glasgow was a bigger pull for the casual fan, Friday night game Ireland and its love affair with Celtic? If I do have to end up in the Home end through Viagogo or a similar site there won't be any hassle from mutant type individuals thankfully like some have reported in Parkhead. This game could well be a dead rubber from either sides perspective so time will tell if its the cup final scenario plenty have spoke about. 

Hopefully it will be a party and we will have already qualified and Wales have something to play for other than pride.
You could be right with Scotland the pull of Parkhead but Parkhead holds an extra 28000. As a Celtic fans I wish we had 28000 fans in Ireland the pull of Parkhead is not that great.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:01pm

Mine only goes back to Cardiff away now on August 14th, 2013
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

1440 will cover the hard core away support which is under 850 and a lot of that 850 gets tickets through the football family.

Will it though? Because it didn't for Scotland or Bosnia. What's changed since then?

Everyone got sorted for Bosnia eventually , the problem was it was going to be tight as no one knows there fans direct points. people who were not confident of receiving tickets through fans direct mainly because of the Scotland fiasco applied through fans direct and maybe a source through the football family also. The only way this will ever be removed is by having one system for all away tickets. Let me ask you this, anyone with a season ticket and a poor away record who applies via fans direct would be mad not to have a back up plan to get tickets. Now if the applicant knew in advance that he wouldn't make the cut off points through fans direct let him source his tickets through the football family but at least he now would only have one application for a ticket.

People applying through FD on numerous friends accounts on FD then their local club and I'm sure their local SC caused the problem 1 person theoretically could have applied 4 or more time for 1 ticket. This caused the problem. I know it easier said than done but apply once for 1 ticket. If you end up with a few you are adding to the case to keep the football family allocation at 45%.
this is a bit cart before the horse

If there was a universal scheme then the TO could say all those with X no of points and above will get a ticket.

so those with the required points don't try and source alternative as they know they have a ticket which skews demand

And those that don't have X no of points try and source an alternative means

Its a no brainer
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

1440 will cover the hard core away support which is under 850 and a lot of that 850 gets tickets through the football family.

Will it though? Because it didn't for Scotland or Bosnia. What's changed since then?

Everyone got sorted for Bosnia eventually , the problem was it was going to be tight as no one knows there fans direct points. people who were not confident of receiving tickets through fans direct mainly because of the Scotland fiasco applied through fans direct and maybe a source through the football family also. The only way this will ever be removed is by having one system for all away tickets. Let me ask you this, anyone with a season ticket and a poor away record who applies via fans direct would be mad not to have a back up plan to get tickets. Now if the applicant knew in advance that he wouldn't make the cut off points through fans direct let him source his tickets through the football family but at least he now would only have one application for a ticket.

People applying through FD on numerous friends accounts on FD then their local club and I'm sure their local SC caused the problem 1 person theoretically could have applied 4 or more time for 1 ticket. This caused the problem. I know it easier said than done but apply once for 1 ticket. If you end up with a few you are adding to the case to keep the football family allocation at 45%.
this is a bit cart before the horse

so those with the required points don't try and source alternative as they know they have a ticket which skews demand
 If there was a universal scheme then the TO could say all those with X no of points and above will get a ticket.
And those that don't have X no of points try and source an alternative means

Its a no brainer

thats what i was trying to say, you said it a bit better NR LOL
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

my fear is having been to the 3 aways this season and heading to georgia it will end up like the scotland game

In serbia circa 300 there with another 300 tickets harvested
moldova maybe 600 there with 200 harvested 

if everyone who was in belgrade chisinau and tblisi is sorted then no questions need ask, then work back through the 2/3 etc 

Is that the word on the street from your CIA Hogan contact? LOL

what business is it of yours 

There were a lot of regulars who missed the 2 games as they were smashed financially or holiday wise.These people 10 plus aways over the last few years and should be in the ahead of a new away fans who has 3 aways to date. Hopefully both can be accommodated.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:23pm

my fear is having been to the 3 aways this season and heading to georgia it will end up like the scotland game

if everyone who was in belgrade chisinau and tblisi is sorted then no questions need ask, then work back through the 2/3 etc 

There were a lot of regulars who missed the 2 games as they were smashed financially or holiday wise.These people 10 plus aways over the last few years and should be in the ahead of a new away fans who has 3 aways to date. Hopefully both can be accommodated.

Take your point. However we all had to start somewhere. There is always going to be 18/19/20 year olds who want to travel to games who have never been away before and want to go to games that they can afford and in some cases need parental permission. The argument generally espoused here is that they should earn their spurs by travelling to games where tickets are not a problem which generally means some far flung former eastern bloc country - places which are usually expensive difficult to get to and not really for an away virgin. I wouldn't be too keen on my young son or daughter travelling to Moldova etc.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:24pm

Have you all the points on your account or has your wonderful wife or have both of you got separate points on the one account.
My understanding is that who ever name is on the account has all the points.
The new system should allow the points to go to the right person. This would also allow SC members to have their own points Hopefully this will lead to one application 1 ticket system.

It is because CRISC have a dedicated ticket officer we were able to gather data to make our case for the 10% increase in our Away allocation grouping thus improving not only SC members chances but FD members chances of away tickets.

Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

Can I ask a question and this is all based on the assumption that we are getting points for all tickets bought and we are dealing in the present moment time .
Person one is a new st holder and been to the 3 aways this campaign( 4 by the time the Welsh game comes around)
Person 2 a season ticket holder for the last 4 years and went to the 4 games in the euros.

Whom has the more "points" and thus would be higher up the list and this having a better chance of getting a Welsh ticket ?

80 points an ST per season gives person 2 320 so a person with only 4 years STS is well ahead of any new STH with a few away. It is 20 points an Away ticket.
I'm not part of FD therefore don't know if points were allocated for the Euros. The reason is that games were over subscribed and I dont know if they allocate points in these situations.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:37pm
can the mods post superdaves two fine posts from the original discussion on here as there is far more interest in the ticket situation for the wales game at the moment compared to the actual match itself.
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:44pm

i agree 

but change has to happen but we know there will be objections to it 

Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

If somebody has a reasonable reliable source for getting away tickets from within the football family, why would they close off that route and join FD/SC's where they become another number at someone else's discretion. I'd say join FD/SC if you want but don't cut off your primary source of tickets.
I have nearly always sourced my away tickets through leagues/clubs/contacts and as such would have no away points credited to me. Then again I generally travel away to the more obscure locations and away tickets are less an issue.

What's happens when your good source leaves the FAI for whatever reason. If I was in this position I would use both build up my points. I would get Georgia and home tickets or Season Tickets on my own account then use source for Wales. I would join FD or an SC.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:47pm

Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

Can I ask a question and this is all based on the assumption that we are getting points for all tickets bought and we are dealing in the present moment time .
Person one is a new st holder and been to the 3 aways this campaign( 4 by the time the Welsh game comes around)
Person 2 a season ticket holder for the last 4 years and went to the 4 games in the euros.

Whom has the more "points" and thus would be higher up the list and this having a better chance of getting a Welsh ticket ?

80 points an ST per season gives person 2 320 so a person with only 4 years STS is well ahead of any new STH with a few away. It is 20 points an Away ticket.
I'm not part of FD therefore don't know if points were allocated for the Euros. The reason is that games were over subscribed and I dont know if they allocate points in these situations.

I'd be surprised if points been allocated for euro tickets as tickets were got from different sources (fai,uefa initial ballot,resale portal etc) all which were legitimate ways to access ticket sales

Personally would hope euro tickets weren't been counted for any applications not just applications from FD members

As for the person with the 4 years ST being ahead of the person doing the aways this campaign well that's another argument altogether.

Does this rule go for SC as well as my knowledge is clubs can buy tickets in clubs name and be used by different people per game. Well what's stopping someone who's never been to a game getting a ticket this way? I know from history was plenty of spares floating around a particular bar in Glasgow few years back, always have wondered how could be spares when applications were 4 times higher than the tickets available
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:51pm
The scheme for distribution ahem is supposed to take in the last two qualifying campaigns but the truth is no one has a clue as its all smoke and mirrors .

Edited by gufct - 02 Dec 2016 at 12:51pm
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:52pm
I see Scottish FA have released their upto date points total in the last few days. Must be great being a fan that's been to X number of games and know your guaranteed a ticket for next away game, meanwhile we are here not even knowing our points total or number of fans at each point in the table
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 1:09pm
did somebody mention a universal away scheme ?Big smile

Universal Away Ticketing Scheme 

Last 10 away games including away friendlies are taken into account–  ie approximately  two campaigns  so should be a representative timescale. Scheme starts next WC campaign .

·        2 campaigns is only an approximation of the 10 games as there could be away friendlies  - games in London etc would be viewed as away friendlies

·        Essentially 4 years so it should be a representative timescale

·        If tickets ever became scarce , then friendlies give new applicants a chance to get their foot on the ladder

·        As Game 11 is added Game 1 drops off

·        Next WC campaign - there is a strong possibility that at least one game Cardiff will be oversubscribed

·        Clubs will need to forward their members totals a la fans direct criteria and that is the starting point going forward

Each away game is allocated  1 point , (unless allocation clearly does not cover demand) those with the most points are allocated tickets down to where the number of tickets remaining  is less than the number of people on the relevant points then a ballot will be undertaken

·        Straightforward 1 point no matter where the location is  as long as its an away game

·        Where demand clearly exceeds supply a point is not awarded ( tickets will though) otherwise those on the most points could pull away from those on lesser points only because of the low allocation eg Andorra and not because of those on lesser points not wanting/able to go to the game.(however may be looked at if abused ie applications with no intention of going)

·        Points will only be awarded if tickets are sourced from the FAI – no home tickets/freebies etc will be considered

·        If implemented the TO will then be able to state that due to an allocation of x No of tickets those on y points or better are eligible for tickets – thus negating the need for every man and their dog to phone the TO in the weeks prior to a match asking for tickets tying up their resources

A Season Ticket holder will be awarded 2 points per campaign – so there is an incentive but it doesn’t unfairly impact too much on those who are not season ticket holders eg on mainland Europe

·        Home games are NOT a level playing field where as away games are , as practically everybody will need a flight to get to an away game ( UK away games for UK based fans notwithstanding) however…….

·        Season Ticket holders/Block bookers  HAVE to be incentivized/rewarded , I feel 2 points per campaign will achieve this and is a compromise on ALL parties

·        The 2 points shall be added on 1st Aug at the start of the relevant campaign ie Aug 2012 Aug 2014 etc

·        The maximum number of points achievable is thus 14 ie a season ticket for 2 campaigns  and the full 10 away matches ie (2 + 2) + 10 = 14. Non season ticket holders maximum is 10

·        At the beginning of the third campaign the first 2 points awarded for the season ticket will drop off to be replaced by another 2 if a season ticket is renewed, or none if the season ticket is not renewed

·        Individual home games are not considered  - for a variety of reasons not least verification

Each request for tickets must be backed up by naming who the tickets are for  ie the tickets can be in one name but all the recipients must be named

·        Self explanatory  - it is not up to the person in who’s name the tickets are in to decide who gets the tickets – it is the FAI’s. The tickets must go to the named recipients

·        This should also eliminate the multiple requests from different members of the same group which distorts the actual demand and will thus make allocating tickets easier as the actual demand is known

·        It is primarily to cut down on unnecessary expense rather than sending out tickets individually

·        Eg Season Ticket No/Cust Ref  No 15550 Newryrep – Recipients 15550A Newryrep, 15550B  Mrs Newryrep

Random checks can be undertaken for proof of travel and ticket collection in the destination city is also an option

·        Self explanatory – may be required if it appears the system is being abused – points can be deducted if no proof offered (the Scots acknowledge it is an issue for them)

·        % Ticket collection in a destination also may be used as proof of travel as well  if timescales for ticket distribution are particularly tight due to late arrival of host tickets

·        A ticket stub is not proof of travel – proof required would be hotel bill in persons name ATM withdrawal/CC withdrawal, boarding pass possibly

·        Where allocation is low less than a 1000 this must be mandatory and if possible flagged in advance – Bosnia being a prime example where time scales are tight to a. receive the tickets from the home association b allocate to those entitled (streamlined if this scheme is brought in) c. send out to recipients prior to them travelling (personally have had the last 2 play off tickets collected at TO as didn’t believe they would arrive in time, Paris arrived the day before I left

Cost – To be honest it should be standard practice for a company to keep its customers details up to date HOWEVER if a small cost is incurred I would propose a small increase on the - 2 euro handling fee on each away ticket  - I don’t want to give the FAI an opportunity to get more money out of fans with a blanket payment which will be a nice little earner, the scots are complaining about their cost which started off small but is now £25 a year irrespective of how many games you go to so am linking it to actual tickets – the more tickets you get the more of an admin fee you pay, 5 aways will be 25euro admin, 2 aways 10 euro etc – 600 bosnian tickets – admin fee E3000

It is by no means a perfect scheme but it is IMO

·        Fair

·        Transparent

·        Relatively easy to understand

·        Relatively easy to implement

·        Relatively easy to administer

·        Not an impediment to new members

·        In no way restrictive

·        An incentive to become a Season Ticket Holder

·        A nicely balance  between the home v away, regular away v occasional away, hardcore v big game Charlie

Finally it would be in an individual fans interest to get their own record with the FAI, or as a minimum  have it via a trusted partner/friend/sibling/mistress and not rely on the whims of casual acquaintances/some guy down the pub,/a dads friend 2nd cousin who if tickets are in demand for big games can withhold them if it suits them.

Also if the away game is important, handy to get to, in a glamorous destination or a combination of all three do not EXPECT to get a ticket if you have no record with the FAI, so DONT come on here/ Joe Duffy and bleat about not getting a ticket because hopefully there will be a scheme in place.

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 87>
  Share Topic