You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Away, Oct 9th 2017 - Ticket Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 87>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:11am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

my fear is having been to the 3 aways this season and heading to georgia it will end up like the scotland game

In serbia circa 300 there with another 300 tickets harvested
moldova maybe 600 there with 200 harvested 

if everyone who was in belgrade chisinau and tblisi is sorted then no questions need ask, then work back through the 2/3 etc 

Is that the word on the street from your CIA Hogan contact? LOL

what business is it of yours 

Sponsored Links

manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

1440 will cover the hard core away support which is under 850 and a lot of that 850 gets tickets through the football family.

Will it though? Because it didn't for Scotland or Bosnia. What's changed since then?

Everyone got sorted for Bosnia eventually , the problem was it was going to be tight as no one knows there fans direct points. people who were not confident of receiving tickets through fans direct mainly because of the Scotland fiasco applied through fans direct and maybe a source through the football family also. The only way this will ever be removed is by having one system for all away tickets. Let me ask you this, anyone with a season ticket and a poor away record who applies via fans direct would be mad not to have a back up plan to get tickets. Now if the applicant knew in advance that he wouldn't make the cut off points through fans direct let him source his tickets through the football family but at least he now would only have one application for a ticket.

In a nutshell

there a ST holders with good away records in SC's  who know 100% they will get a ticket for Wales

there are ST holders with just as good or even better away records who are independents and they haven't  a clue if they are going to get a ticket

this is my concern - whats the point in a good away record 

what do we get in return for giving abbey 15% 

should the football family get more than those who go everywhere?

Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:19am
Can I ask a question and this is all based on the assumption that we are getting points for all tickets bought and we are dealing in the present moment time .
Person one is a new st holder and been to the 3 aways this campaign( 4 by the time the Welsh game comes around)
Person 2 a season ticket holder for the last 4 years and went to the 4 games in the euros.

Whom has the more "points" and thus would be higher up the list and this having a better chance of getting a Welsh ticket ?

bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:19am
Have been season ticket holder last 2-3 years was understandable I got nothing for Scotland but have been Gibraltar, Serbia, Austria away under the new system and have already booked Georgia so am hoping I will be sorted for Wales....40% still is a figure the FAI have pulled from their hole, borderline disgraceful taking into account the amount of event junkies that will go to Wales and will no doubt get sorted for tickets...saying that think the Welsh FA are missing out big time here if they don't move it to the Millenium with the amount of extra revenue they could make
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

Can I ask a question and this is all based on the assumption that we are getting points for all tickets bought and we are dealing in the present moment time .
Person one is a new st holder and been to the 3 aways this campaign( 4 by the time the Welsh game comes around)
Person 2 a season ticket holder for the last 4 years and went to the 4 games in the euros.

Whom has the more "points" and thus would be higher up the list and this having a better chance of getting a Welsh ticket ?

70 points for a season ticket
20 points for a competitive away game
0 points for the 4 games in france

person 1 = 150 fans direct points
person 2 = 280 fans direct points

However my personally believe that the database being used by the ticket office only dates back to Gibraltar away,  I have no proof its just a hunch .

That's providing any points system is in operation in the first place.

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 02 Dec 2016 at 10:31am
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:29am
Eventually it did for Bosnia and all were sorted for Austria. Until a new software system is in place in Abbottstown human errors will occur.
Scotland was 2 years ago and things are improving. Remember we will have people who attended all 4 aways in this campaign and they could miss out as these
are there only 4 aways over the last 4 years.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:33am
Perfect thanks Kevin.
Why no points for France? account numbers were given.
And do you get more points for additional tickets purchased for home games is your account.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:38am
didn't someone on here offer to set up a system for them and they declined afaik
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:42am

Perfect thanks Kevin.
Why no points for France? account numbers were given.
And do you get more points for additional tickets purchased for home games is your account.

No one officially knows? How do you purchase additional home tickets on your account? it has been stated here before that your ticketmaster account and fai account are not linked.

Dont really know why no points are offered for finals i presume because they are neutral games and too much work involved in issuing points.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:51am
Why not I get "points" via my ticket master account when I purchase my season ticket through ticket master.
And I often purchase additional tickets via the same process.
How is one different from another?
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:52am
A few here have mentioned tickets being harvested ?
Not sure exactly what this means, but I suspect its where people apply and buy tickets without ever intending travelling to boost their points ? Am I right ?
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Not sure exactly what this means, but I suspect its where people apply and buy tickets without ever intending travelling to boost their points ? Am I right ?

Correct.
easily and cheaply done when the ticket prices were so low. Should be pick up in Tiblisi in my opinion and anyone who fails to show should not be considered for welsh tickets.
Stretchryan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:57am

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Correct.
easily and cheaply done when the ticket prices were so low. Should be pick up in Tiblisi in my opinion and anyone who fails to show should not be considered for welsh tickets.

Was pick up the last time we were over there.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 11:06am

Why not I get "points" via my ticket master account when I purchase my season ticket through ticket master.
And I often purchase additional tickets via the same process.
How is one different from another?

to be fair i dont think you should be awarded points for additional home or away tickets, or if you have more than one season ticket in your name. ( not saying this is the case ). As regards home tickets im not aware of an application process for home tickets via the fai even though when fans direct was launched it was mentioned that there would be 10 points for individual home tickets. I am not a season ticket holder and purchase most of my home tickets via ticketmaster. I reckon i dont get credited with any points for these even though i use the same email address for my fans direct and Ticketmaster accounts you think it wouldn't be that difficult.
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 11:16am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">

Remember it was the football family that voted to increase our allocation by 10% meaning that their own expense. It's an extra 350 for us in Cardiff and this is to be applauded.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">I personally agree 40% is to low but it is a start. To get increases is like getting Turkeys to vote for Christmas. Make no mistake this increase is in a big way down to an increase in ST sales.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">We will have people on here when tickets are allocated we will have people from the football on here saying I have been getting tickets from my local club for X amount of years both home and away my league/club have let me down and others will agree with his rant saying that this is an injustice.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Just remember FD and SCs 10% rise in allocation is why he missed out.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">The pie has 3500 pieces and because of our 10% rise we get an extra 350 bringing us up to 1400.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">In time with the growth of STs and the % of aways our grouping is taking our % will grow.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Those in FD who gave up going to home games are not only harming themselves as they are missing out on 80 points a season. It's only a matter of time before new STH over take them in FD.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">When JD leaves these fans will find themselves bottom of the pile. Which really is sad when you consider what they missed out on in the last 2 years Germany twice Bosnia the Euros and these last 4 qualifiers </span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">
</span>
</span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Hmm. So the oul Football Family, who had their allocation of tickets increased from 23% of all tickets for the Scotland game (FAI figures) to 55% for all other eventualities at the announcement of FD ( was anyone present at the vote for that one by the way ?) now have voted to reduce that to 40% out of sheer generousity or something, notwithstanding the fact that the figure of 40% is still nearly double what they brought to our most recent over subscribed game in Scotland. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Are you suggesting that an actual physical vote took place, I would be interested to know who the various representatives were, just in order to thank them for their selfless gesture. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Call me cynical, but I see today's announcement in pretty stark terms; The FAI have realised that the 30% figure, which has correctly been called as farcical on here from the very beginning, was too low in the first place. They have noted the increase in ST & SC numbers since France, and probably the increase in allocations from SCs for our 3 away games so far and realised that the 30% figure simply won't be enough to satisfy the demands of SC's for the Wales game. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">It is to their credit that they have negotiated an extra allocation to be fair to them, obviously there has been lessons learned from their botched dealings with the Scots FA, whom they incorrectly and deliberately chose to scapegoat for their own shortcomings the last time, in their dealings with the Welsh FA this time around. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">This is basically mere error correction dressed up as a step forward, and seeing as FD seems to be something of a closed shop (correct me if I'm wrong), this announcement is mainly for the benefit of SCs, who in reality, were never going to lose out in the first place, the only question remaining was as to where their extra allocation would come from, the general 55% football family figure (which now appears to be the case) , or out of non SC affiliated regular away fan's tickets, like Scotland. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">That 55% figure, which was already, even by the FAI's own figures, far too high was the obvious place to start from, but as nobody really knows what the breakdown of that 55% actually is, it is not possible to say that anyone there is losing out either, it may be like Missy says, that some poor oul divil doing voluntary pitch lining down the country will lose out, but he could still be absolutely fine, as it could also mean certain individuals within the FAI may have to cut down on promises made to lads they met randomly in petrol stations or cafes, or maybe not allocate tickets to Welsh taxi drivers, or perish the thought, maybe tell SCs that only lads who were in say 2 of 3 aways so far are OK this time around. (I very much doubt the last one though)</span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Another thought, from an FAI point of view, if FD were capped at current membership, whatever that is, even allowing for the promised software upgrades, would that be handier for them altogether from an admin point of view ?? Would there be any correlation in that and the fact FD seems to be closed ?? </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Lastly, Jaysus there was some ticket harvesting in Belgrade LOLLOL</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>

They were not that generous they are now at 45% Abbey 15% and we are at 40%.
The best way to grow this 40% we need to grow ST sales within our grouping YBIG can help by continuing to promote ST sales within FD and SCs will try to continue to grow their own ST numbers.We need to get away regulars away from getting tickets through their football leagues / Clubs and into FD or SCs and guesstimate is there are over 100 in this position.
The fact is these away regulars are let down from time to time and also their clubs and or leagues have been known to add handling fees of up to €35 per ticket for the Euros.
With thier own record they would be guaranteed tickets and not open to been ripped off for big games.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 11:23am
good point Missy, would like them to increase the price structure for 114 to 113 and 115, this was the case for 115 but for the next season there is a price increase for 115. wouldn't it be good to have all of the south lower exclusive to season ticket holders.
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 11:27am

Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

1440 will cover the hard core away support which is under 850 and a lot of that 850 gets tickets through the football family.

Will it though? Because it didn't for Scotland or Bosnia. What's changed since then?

Everyone got sorted for Bosnia eventually , the problem was it was going to be tight as no one knows there fans direct points. people who were not confident of receiving tickets through fans direct mainly because of the Scotland fiasco applied through fans direct and maybe a source through the football family also. The only way this will ever be removed is by having one system for all away tickets. Let me ask you this, anyone with a season ticket and a poor away record who applies via fans direct would be mad not to have a back up plan to get tickets. Now if the applicant knew in advance that he wouldn't make the cut off points through fans direct let him source his tickets through the football family but at least he now would only have one application for a ticket.

People applying through FD on numerous friends accounts on FD then their local club and I'm sure their local SC caused the problem 1 person theoretically could have applied 4 or more time for 1 ticket. This caused the problem. I know it easier said than done but apply once for 1 ticket. If you end up with a few you are adding to the case to keep the football family allocation at 45%.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 11:36am
If somebody has a reasonable reliable source for getting away tickets from within the football family, why would they close off that route and join FD/SC's where they become another number at someone else's discretion. I'd say join FD/SC if you want but don't cut off your primary source of tickets.
I have nearly always sourced my away tickets through leagues/clubs/contacts and as such would have no away points credited to me. Then again I generally travel away to the more obscure locations and away tickets are less an issue.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 87>
  Share Topic