You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Away, Oct 9th 2017 - Ticket Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 858687
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 11:37am
Haven't seen at one before. That's not to say he doesn't go
AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Would Bernard Brogan be a regular away traveler for the Irish games ?
He normally has issues with the September games....
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

He normally has issues with the September games....

Mayo players have the same issue and their issue is not winning their September games !
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

I'd say half the people in the Irish end weren't regular away travellers and a huge chunk of those wouldn't even go to home games. Happens when the FAI gives every junior/schoolboy league in Ireland as many tickets as they wanted.
Well I know that one of the biggest junior clubs in Kerry got no tickets. Was a lot of lads around where I was standing that you'd know were never at a game in their life. Was still the loudest Irish away section I've ever being in. Should be like that for every game
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

I only see this problem at Ireland away matches. I've had sh*t seats at most aways I've been at. Probably why I've not had this problem before. And I'm happy to take a them. If me and my mates were split up and we wanted to stand together we'd use the Isle instead of someone else's seat.

You can say it's a free for all but I seen loads get kicked out of their seats and rightfully so. Obviously a lot of people don't see it as a FFA.

At the euros and matches in the Aviva this never happens. Only at Ireland aways. I'll continue to tell anyone in my seat where to go whether it's in a sh*t spot or not.
So having hundreds standing in the aisles is much safer and easier for all concernedConfused
houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 12:54pm
I had a ticket but let some randomer double up behind me to get in and it worked no bother. Couldn't believe how easy it was and how many were doing it. Ill bare it in mind for any future games where tickets are in short supply.  
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

I'd say half the people in the Irish end weren't regular away travellers and a huge chunk of those wouldn't even go to home games. Happens when the FAI gives every junior/schoolboy league in Ireland as many tickets as they wanted.
Well I know that one of the biggest junior clubs in Kerry got no tickets. Was a lot of lads around where I was standing that you'd know were never at a game in their life. Was still the loudest Irish away section I've ever being in. Should be like that for every game

Comment wasn't about clubs as I never heard of any clubs getting any tickets, but I know of 2 league committees who got tickets when they applied. Agreed it was the loudest section I've ever been at at a match Clap
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 1:36pm

No doubt some of them were the muppets I saw taking selfies with 10 minutes of the game still to go. Clown

Apart from that, as you say, a fantastic atmosphere in the away section. Clap  Might well have helped that we had taken up most of the entire stand behind the goal unlike some of the other away games like Warsaw and Vienna where there were in just a couple of sections stuck up in the Gods.

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
ACTHUNG BABY View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACTHUNG BABY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

No doubt some of them were the muppets I saw taking selfies with 10 minutes of the game still to go. Clown

Apart from that, as you say, a fantastic atmosphere in the away section. Clap  Might well have helped that we had taken up most of the entire stand behind the goal unlike some of the other away games like Warsaw and Vienna where there were in just a couple of sections stuck up in the Gods.

When you hear of lads on here with decent home and away records not getting tickets and these so called fans can

Edited by ACTHUNG BABY - 13 Oct 2017 at 9:26pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 858687
  Share Topic