You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Away, Oct 9th 2017 - Ticket Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 87>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wales Away, Oct 9th 2017 - Ticket Thread
    Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 9:34pm
All talk about tickets for Wales away game here Thumbs Up
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Sponsored Links

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 10:05pm
Lots of people will be in the home end.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

How are they going to get Wales fans membership numbers to be able to buy these home end tickets?
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 10:32pm
Are the Welsh getting 5k for the Aviva ?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

Remember it was the football family that voted to increase our allocation by 10% meaning that their own expense. It's an extra 350 for us in Cardiff and this is to be applauded.

the voting bit is a bit of an exagertion tbf, along the line of the north Korea communist party 'elections' if a certain somebody decided the % was 80% I dare say it would be 'voted' in

I personally agree 40% is to low but it is a start. To get increases is like getting Turkeys to vote for Christmas. Make no mistake this increase is in a big way down to an increase in ST sales.

we ll agree its too low and not even close to neighbouring associations ( well apart form GF that is), re votes see previous comments. Any increase in ST is to be welcomed be they via Sc or independents

We will have people on here when tickets are allocated we will have people from the football on here saying I have been getting tickets 'for the big/pretegious/glamourous games' from my local club for X amount of years both home and away my league/club have let me down and others will agree with his rant saying that this is an injustice.
Just remember FD and SCs 10% rise in allocation is why he missed out.

Minor edit which is probably more accurate 

The pie has 3500 pieces and because of our 10% rise we get an extra 350 bringing us up to 1400.
In time with the growth of STs and the % of aways our grouping is taking our % will grow.

an extra 350 tickets to away regulars be they independents or members of SC is certainly to be welcomed but more so if we were all on a level playing field and I speak as there are plenty of SC members with  better record than myself  I look forward to the Confed campaiging for a  universal scheme to be brought in

Those in FD who gave up going to home games are not only harming themselves as they are missing out on 80 points a season. It's only a matter of time before new STH over take them in FD.

When JD leaves these fans will find themselves bottom of the pile. Which really is sad when you consider what they missed out on in the last 2 years Germany twice Bosnia the Euros and these last 4 qualifiers

my views on FD are well known

It is frankly a disgrace that they felt they were left with no other choice other than boycott, though ones I know personally continue to travel abroad in support of their county incl Bosnia and euros 

Edited by Newryrep - 01 Dec 2016 at 10:40pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 10:58pm
Bad call, lads. You've blown your thunder way too early. 40% for fans will never be enough...
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 11:18pm

Your right but they will all be Welsh. 20,000 TT
3,500 Irish leaves 9780 which will be sold on pre to TT holders. All they need is 50% TT to buy 1 ticket and the game will sell out with no general sale. These tickets will be sold with 4 games remaining meaning Wales will still be in the hunt for at least 2nd spot.

Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

Bad call, lads. You've blown your thunder way too early. 40% for fans will never be enough...

We all agree that 40% is to low but we are 10% better off than where we were yesterday.
1440 will cover the hard core away support which is under 850 and a lot of that 850 gets tickets through the football family. Which leaves 550 odd for those who do one trip away a season.
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 11:34pm
Ugh, this will be worse than Scotland.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 11:54pm

Remember it was the football family that voted to increase our allocation by 10% meaning that their own expense. It's an extra 350 for us in Cardiff and this is to be applauded.

I personally agree 40% is to low but it is a start. To get increases is like getting Turkeys to vote for Christmas. Make no mistake this increase is in a big way down to an increase in ST sales.

We will have people on here when tickets are allocated we will have people from the football on here saying I have been getting tickets from my local club for X amount of years both home and away my league/club have let me down and others will agree with his rant saying that this is an injustice.
Just remember FD and SCs 10% rise in allocation is why he missed out.

The pie has 3500 pieces and because of our 10% rise we get an extra 350 bringing us up to 1400.
In time with the growth of STs and the % of aways our grouping is taking our % will grow.

Those in FD who gave up going to home games are not only harming themselves as they are missing out on 80 points a season. It's only a matter of time before new STH over take them in FD.

When JD leaves these fans will find themselves bottom of the pile. Which really is sad when you consider what they missed out on in the last 2 years Germany twice Bosnia the Euros and these last 4 qualifiers 

Hmm. So the oul Football Family, who had their allocation of tickets increased from 23% of all tickets for the Scotland game (FAI figures) to 55% for all other eventualities at the announcement of FD ( was anyone present at the vote for that one by the way ?) now have voted to reduce that to 40% out of sheer generousity or something, notwithstanding the fact that the figure of 40% is still nearly double what they brought to our most recent over subscribed game in Scotland. 

Are you suggesting that an actual physical vote took place, I would be interested to know who the various representatives were, just in order to thank them for their selfless gesture. 

Call me cynical, but I see today's announcement in pretty stark terms; The FAI have realised that the 30% figure, which has correctly been called as farcical on here from the very beginning, was too low in the first place. They have noted the increase in ST & SC numbers since France, and probably the increase in allocations from SCs for our 3 away games so far and realised that the 30% figure simply won't be enough to satisfy the demands of SC's for the Wales game. 

It is to their credit that they have negotiated an extra allocation to be fair to them, obviously there has been lessons learned from their botched dealings with the Scots FA, whom they incorrectly and deliberately chose to scapegoat for their own shortcomings the last time, in their dealings with the Welsh FA this time around. 

This is basically mere error correction dressed up as a step forward, and seeing as FD seems to be something of a closed shop (correct me if I'm wrong), this announcement is mainly for the benefit of SCs, who in reality, were never going to lose out in the first place, the only question remaining was as to where their extra allocation would come from, the general 55% football family figure (which now appears to be the case) , or out of non SC affiliated regular away fan's tickets, like Scotland. 

That 55% figure, which was already, even by the FAI's own figures, far too high was the obvious place to start from, but as nobody really knows what the breakdown of that 55% actually is, it is not possible to say that anyone there is losing out either, it may be like Missy says, that some poor oul divil doing voluntary pitch lining down the country will lose out, but he could still be absolutely fine, as it could also mean certain individuals within the FAI may have to cut down on promises made to lads they met randomly in petrol stations or cafes, or maybe not allocate tickets to Welsh taxi drivers, or perish the thought, maybe tell SCs that only lads who were in say 2 of 3 aways so far are OK this time around. (I very much doubt the last one though)

Another thought, from an FAI point of view, if FD were capped at current membership, whatever that is, even allowing for the promised software upgrades, would that be handier for them altogether from an admin point of view ?? Would there be any correlation in that and the fact FD seems to be closed ?? 

Lastly, Jaysus there was some ticket harvesting in Belgrade LOLLOL

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 12:22am

Ugh, this will be worse than Scotland.

Do you not think Glasgow was a bigger pull for the casual fan, Friday night game Ireland and its love affair with Celtic? If I do have to end up in the Home end through Viagogo or a similar site there won't be any hassle from mutant type individuals thankfully like some have reported in Parkhead. This game could well be a dead rubber from either sides perspective so time will tell if its the cup final scenario plenty have spoke about. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
de scientist View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote de scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 1:04am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">

Remember it was the football family that voted to increase our allocation by 10% meaning that their own expense. It's an extra 350 for us in Cardiff and this is to be applauded.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">I personally agree 40% is to low but it is a start. To get increases is like getting Turkeys to vote for Christmas. Make no mistake this increase is in a big way down to an increase in ST sales.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">We will have people on here when tickets are allocated we will have people from the football on here saying I have been getting tickets from my local club for X amount of years both home and away my league/club have let me down and others will agree with his rant saying that this is an injustice.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Just remember FD and SCs 10% rise in allocation is why he missed out.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">The pie has 3500 pieces and because of our 10% rise we get an extra 350 bringing us up to 1400.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">In time with the growth of STs and the % of aways our grouping is taking our % will grow.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Those in FD who gave up going to home games are not only harming themselves as they are missing out on 80 points a season. It's only a matter of time before new STH over take them in FD.</span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">When JD leaves these fans will find themselves bottom of the pile. Which really is sad when you consider what they missed out on in the last 2 years Germany twice Bosnia the Euros and these last 4 qualifiers </span><br style="line-height: 16.8px;"><span style="line-height: 16.8px;">
</span>
</span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Hmm. So the oul Football Family, who had their allocation of tickets increased from 23% of all tickets for the Scotland game (FAI figures) to 55% for all other eventualities at the announcement of FD ( was anyone present at the vote for that one by the way ?) now have voted to reduce that to 40% out of sheer generousity or something, notwithstanding the fact that the figure of 40% is still nearly double what they brought to our most recent over subscribed game in Scotland. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Are you suggesting that an actual physical vote took place, I would be interested to know who the various representatives were, just in order to thank them for their selfless gesture. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Call me cynical, but I see today's announcement in pretty stark terms; The FAI have realised that the 30% figure, which has correctly been called as farcical on here from the very beginning, was too low in the first place. They have noted the increase in ST & SC numbers since France, and probably the increase in allocations from SCs for our 3 away games so far and realised that the 30% figure simply won't be enough to satisfy the demands of SC's for the Wales game. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">It is to their credit that they have negotiated an extra allocation to be fair to them, obviously there has been lessons learned from their botched dealings with the Scots FA, whom they incorrectly and deliberately chose to scapegoat for their own shortcomings the last time, in their dealings with the Welsh FA this time around. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">This is basically mere error correction dressed up as a step forward, and seeing as FD seems to be something of a closed shop (correct me if I'm wrong), this announcement is mainly for the benefit of SCs, who in reality, were never going to lose out in the first place, the only question remaining was as to where their extra allocation would come from, the general 55% football family figure (which now appears to be the case) , or out of non SC affiliated regular away fan's tickets, like Scotland. </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">That 55% figure, which was already, even by the FAI's own figures, far too high was the obvious place to start from, but as nobody really knows what the breakdown of that 55% actually is, it is not possible to say that anyone there is losing out either, it may be like Missy says, that some poor oul divil doing voluntary pitch lining down the country will lose out, but he could still be absolutely fine, as it could also mean certain individuals within the FAI may have to cut down on promises made to lads they met randomly in petrol stations or cafes, or maybe not allocate tickets to Welsh taxi drivers, or perish the thought, maybe tell SCs that only lads who were in say 2 of 3 aways so far are OK this time around. (I very much doubt the last one though)</span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Another thought, from an FAI point of view, if FD were capped at current membership, whatever that is, even allowing for the promised software upgrades, would that be handier for them altogether from an admin point of view ?? Would there be any correlation in that and the fact FD seems to be closed ?? </span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Lastly, Jaysus there was some ticket harvesting in Belgrade LOLLOL</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>

i think you have put Jackie back in his box there
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 8:51am

1440 will cover the hard core away support which is under 850 and a lot of that 850 gets tickets through the football family.

Will it though? Because it didn't for Scotland or Bosnia. What's changed since then?
City Till I Die
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 9:58am
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

1440 will cover the hard core away support which is under 850 and a lot of that 850 gets tickets through the football family.

Will it though? Because it didn't for Scotland or Bosnia. What's changed since then?

Everyone got sorted for Bosnia eventually , the problem was it was going to be tight as no one knows there fans direct points. people who were not confident of receiving tickets through fans direct mainly because of the Scotland fiasco applied through fans direct and maybe a source through the football family also. The only way this will ever be removed is by having one system for all away tickets. Let me ask you this, anyone with a season ticket and a poor away record who applies via fans direct would be mad not to have a back up plan to get tickets. Now if the applicant knew in advance that he wouldn't make the cut off points through fans direct let him source his tickets through the football family but at least he now would only have one application for a ticket.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:03am
my fear is having been to the 3 aways this season and heading to georgia it will end up like the scotland game

In serbia circa 300 there with another 300 tickets harvested
moldova maybe 600 there with 200 harvested 

if everyone who was in belgrade chisinau and tblisi is sorted then no questions need ask, then work back through the 2/3 etc 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:06am
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

my fear is having been to the 3 aways this season and heading to georgia it will end up like the scotland game

if everyone who was in belgrade chisinau and tblisi is sorted then no questions need ask, then work back through the 2/3 etc 

Is that the word on the street from your CIA Hogan contact? LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:06am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Everyone got sorted for Bosnia eventually , the problem was it was going to be tight as no one knows there fans direct points. people who were not confident of receiving tickets through fans direct mainly because of the Scotland fiasco applied through fans direct and maybe a source through the football family also. The only way this will ever be removed is by having one system for all away tickets. Let me ask you this, anyone with a season ticket and a poor away record who applies via fans direct would be mad not to have a back up plan to get tickets. Now if the applicant knew in advance that he wouldn't make the cut off points through fans direct let him source his tickets through the football family but at least he now would only have one application for a ticket.

In a nutshell

there a ST holders with good away records in SC's  who know 100% they will get a ticket for Wales

there are ST holders with just as good or even better away records who are independents and they haven't  a clue if they are going to get a ticket
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:09am
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

there was more than 300 in Serbia , though agree with the Moldova figure
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 87>
  Share Topic