You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Checkatrade Trophy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Grimsby v Sunderland U23's setting a new record lowest cup attendance of 231. I can't help but imagine the opposition was part of the reason also but having the record broken twice in 2 days is pretty awful PR LOL

I don't mind the intent of the competition, to give lower league clubs a day out at Wembley, but the execution deserves the attendances it's getting.
LOL Grimsby taking it seriously anyway. They decided to take the fine too it seems as they just made the eleven changes.

And still they had to wait until penalties to see their team win a game LOL

Any team who takes the fine gets a Thumbs Up from me.
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 11:56pm
F**k sake like. Grimsby isn't even that far from Sunderland and only 3 travelled!

Sham of a competition.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 12:08am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

F**k sake like. Grimsby isn't even that far from Sunderland and only 3 travelled!

Sham of a competition.

Grimsby is nearly 3 hours away from Sunderland, so not exactly on ones doorstep. 

Also, everyone knows its a sham, so why the hell would people travel?

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 12:11am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Sham of a competition.

Grimsby is nearly 3 hours away from Sunderland, so not exactly on ones doorstep. 

I was amazed three travelled! I assume that they are either Sunderland fans who live in Grimsby or are related to some young lad who was playing for Sunderland.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 12:13am

Sham of a competition.

I was amazed three travelled! I assume that they are either Sunderland fans who live in Grimsby or are related to some young lad who was playing for Sunderland.

To be fair if I had actually known I would of went, Cleethorpes is a a cracking night out afterwards, great excuse to go to a Checkatrade match LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 12:13am

Sham of a competition.

Well, the point is, it's not that far compared to normal Sunderland games. Most Sunderland away games are further.

However, to be clear, I wasn't saying more should have travelled - I was saying that the fact only three travelled demonstrated how much of a sham the competition is, and how little respect it got.

I wasn't criticising Sunderland fans!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 12:15am

Sham of a competition.

AFAIK there are a couple of Sunderland fans based in Hull, just going by RTG so it was probably them! 

Granted it's live football and all but ffs a lot can be said for sitting on the high stool nestled in the corner with a few pints in front of you instead of watching that sh*te. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 12:17am
Exactly.

Still, they got to see the cheap, cheap drama of penalties, and a Sunderland win to boot.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 12:17am

Sham of a competition.

To be fair if I had actually known I would of went, Cleethorpes is a a cracking night out afterwards, great excuse to go to a Checkatrade match LOL
Bollocks! Just go to Cleethorpes for the piss-up and f**k the match, the future of the EFL needs this competition to fail.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 12:18am

Sham of a competition.

Bollocks! Just go to Cleethorpes for the piss-up and f**k the match, the future of the EFL needs this competition to fail.

ClapClap Much better idea. I've definitely missed a trick tonight.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 12:19am

Sham of a competition.

Well, the point is, it's not that far compared to normal Sunderland games. Most Sunderland away games are further.

However, to be clear, I wasn't saying more should have travelled - I was saying that the fact only three travelled demonstrated how much of a sham the competition is, and how little respect it got.

I wasn't criticising Sunderland fans!

The Championship has been kind to an extent for the die-hard away day brigade, a lot of Northern clubs in the Division which has softened the blow of not winning after not winning but I get your point.

You're one of the good ones Heart LOL

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 8:37pm
Turns out the 3 were there as a Birthday gift.. Imagine unwrapping all the paper on the morning to find a ticket for a Grimsby vs Sunderland U23's Checktrade Trophy Match LOL

The players didn't even go over at the end either! LOL
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 12:00am
EFL have decided to start streaming the remaining games.. They wasn't meant to until the 19/20 season.

In other words, attendances have been below expectations ApproveClap

Edited by coyne - 25 Nov 2017 at 12:00am
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 10:01pm
Once again the boycott has ended when it's time to bandwagon Thumbs Down

For a competition which has averaged 800 fans there was over 9000 (No internet meme needed) fans at Lincoln tonight. Followed by a pitch invasion when they beat the Chelsea U23's on penalties LOL

Actually wanted Chelsea reserves to win it to highlight how much of a sham an EPL team going to Wembley would of made the tournament look like.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 8:52am
Bastards.
I hope none of them had a nice evening.

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 9:28am
Lincoln going to Wembley for the first time ever. Magic of the cup Clap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Bastards.
I hope none of them had a nice evening.

I don’t mind it if a lower league team have their lovely day out, its kinda the whole point of the competition.
If Chelsea had won itd had been an utter farce, equally as a farce than when they fixed the draws for every group stage to have a derby to try generate interest

Edited by coyne - 07 Feb 2018 at 1:23pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 1:39pm
Its a good competition for betting on both teams to score in

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic