You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Checkatrade Trophy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Checkatrade Trophy
    Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 5:43pm
Surely this has to be the worst thought of Football competition ever? 

Maximum attendance for the last round of games was 823.

12 clubs fined today for not fielding 5 first team players as required in the rules. The trophy was designed for League 1 and 2 teams but then they decided to invite Championship and Premier League teams - Because they thought adding Premier League starters would help development for lower league clubs Ermm
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 7:11pm
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 7:15pm
Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to be purged
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 12:23pm
A tournament for developing young English players.

The only top-flight team left in the tournament is Swansea City, a Welsh team. Tournament's been an utter disaster LOLLOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 12:22am
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38663270

Farce.

Edited by pre Madonna - 19 Jan 2017 at 12:22am
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2017 at 12:35am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38663270

Farce.

"Because the EFL is seen as a first-team competition" 
The hint's in the bloody name! EFL is not Premier League so the rule shouldn't count towards them LOL
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 4:33pm
So Coventry City win World Football's Most Pointless Trophy.

Average League attendance - 9000
Average Checkatrade attendance - 600
Fans brought to Wembley today - 45,000

I suppose it served it's purpose as a Wembley day out for the lower league fans, boycotting it would of been the best option to show how much a farce the tournament has been!
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 2:27pm
A suspicious amount of Derbies to try get attendances up next season.

Peterborough drawn with Cambridge and Northampton
Notts County with Mansfield 
Exeter with Plymouth
Colchester with Southend
Crewe with Port Vale
Cheltenham with Forest Green Rovers

What are the odds to have so many derbies in the first round without fixing the draw to try grab interest LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

A suspicious amount of Derbies to try get attendances up next season.

Peterborough drawn with Cambridge and Northampton
Notts County with Mansfield 
Exeter with Plymouth
Colchester with Southend
Crewe with Port Vale
Cheltenham with Forest Green Rovers

What are the odds to have so many derbies in the first round without fixing the draw to try grab interest LOL
Guaranteed. It is working too, a lot of boycotting fans here are suddenly interested in playing Peterborough in a 'competitive' fixture for the first time in 16 years. It is splitting fans and I can see it all getting very heated. Talk of fans standing outside the ground persuading people not to go in, which is sure to end well!
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 5:32pm
Good to see this competition is still breaking club record lowest attendances despite the EFL's best attempts of fixing the draw.

The day this competition becomes a hipster thing is the day football is officially dead.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 12:43am
Competition record low of 931 at Bradford tonight. Justice for modern day football Cool
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 12:52am
Drawing out derbies, all coincidental, of course, backfired on the organisers tonight. Only 3000 turned up  at the Abbey for Cambridge and Peterborough, nearly half of them away fans, not to mention all the trouble in town, which I'm sure won't be mentioned by the organisers.  I am certain it will be spun as a huge increase in attendances.

Also worth noting that Bradford City, who have an average attendance of over 20k this season, recorded their lowest ever attendance tonight of 931 for their game against Rotherham.

Credit to Accrington too, who substituted star man Billy Kee after four minutes tonight to avoid a ridiculous fine. Treating the competition with the contempt it deserves.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 8:37am
Its good for a goals galore bet in a midweek with otherwise no football on
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 9:20pm
Bruno Martins Indi, Charlie Adam, Saido Berahino and Ibrahim Affelay part of the Stoke team currently 3-0 down at Bury at the minute
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 9:27pm
The prices of some of the league teams vs the 23s sides is ridiculous. Bury were 11/10
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 9:45pm
I did both teams to score in the 4 games
When I wrote that last post with about 15 mins to go only 4 of the 8 teams had scored
The other 4 teams then scored within ten minutes
I love the checkatrade
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 10:04pm
Grimsby v Sunderland U23's setting a new record lowest cup attendance of 231. I can't help but imagine the opposition was part of the reason also but having the record broken twice in 2 days is pretty awful PR LOL

I don't mind the intent of the competition, to give lower league clubs a day out at Wembley, but the execution deserves the attendances it's getting.

Edited by coyne - 08 Nov 2017 at 10:08pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Grimsby v Sunderland U23's setting a new record lowest cup attendance of 231. I can't help but imagine the opposition was part of the reason also but having the record broken twice in 2 days is pretty awful PR LOL

I don't mind the intent of the competition, to give lower league clubs a day out at Wembley, but the execution deserves the attendances it's getting.
LOL Grimsby taking it seriously anyway. They decided to take the fine too it seems as they just made the eleven changes.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic