You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rugby World Cup Bid 2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 22>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 11:03am
Originally posted by tony grealish tony grealish wrote:

Ah stop, this provides a bit of a chuckle in an otherwise utterly depressing week. The cheek of those dastardly focking Scots and Welsh loike! Hord lock goys!!LOL

I'm not sure why too many people would get a chuckle from this. After all, this would have had wider benefits beyond the sport itself.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 11:03am
Some chip on your shoulder (ironically given your jibe at Ruby in another thread) there ABFC did a rugby player run off with your missus or something

Inverted snobbery as ususal from you

Edited by Denis Irwin - 17 Nov 2017 at 11:05am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Ah stop, this provides a bit of a chuckle in an otherwise utterly depressing week. The cheek of those dastardly focking Scots and Welsh loike! Hord lock goys!!LOL

I'm not sure why too many people would get a chuckle from this. After all, this would have had wider benefits beyond the sport itself.

Indeed. At least they didn't show the inspectors around an empty field and a stadium they hadn't got yet permission to use unlike the FAI
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Some chip on your shoulder (ironically given your jibe at Rub in another thread) there ABFC did a rugby player run off with your missus or something

Rugby threads are always riddled with it. 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 11:59am
I'd imagine another reason the anti-rugby brigade are so pleased with the outcome is that Ireland would be in serious danger of actually winning a RWC if they were to host one. Home advantage in rugby is probably greater than in most other team sports so we would never have a better chance at winning the yoke.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I'd imagine another reason the anti-rugby brigade are so pleased with the outcome is that Ireland would be in serious danger of actually winning a RWC if they were to host one. Home advantage in rugby is probably greater than in most other team sports so we would never have a better chance at winning the yoke.

Ireland have flopped on an almost impressively consistent basis at successive RWC's. I'd love to know how you come to this conclusion.
@AntrimMan85
tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 12:37pm

Some chip on your shoulder (ironically given your jibe at Rub in another thread) there ABFC did a rugby player run off with your missus or something

As sure as night follows day. LOL

The catch all knee jerk defense of the outraged Irish rugger bugger whenever they are called out on actual snobbery, arrogance, pomposity..etc.  This one must be on page one of the oirish rogby goy manual.Clap
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Ireland have flopped on an almost impressively consistent basis at successive RWC's. I'd love to know how you come to this conclusion.

How I've come to what conclusion? I've just stated why it would be Ireland's best chance in the very next line of what I said. When I say 'serious danger' I mean it from the viewpoint of someone who sees sport in this country as a zero-sum gain exercise and who would hate the thought of us winning a RWC.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 12:42pm

The catch all knee jerk defense of the outraged Irish rugger bugger whenever they are called out on actual snobbery, arrogance, pomposity..etc.  This one must be on page one of the oirish rogby goy manual.Clap

Yeah that's exactly it.......

Jesus the Anti Rugby brigade are a precious bunch. Between being offended by an advertising campaign by one of the sports sponsors and more or less suggesting no-one can follow a sport because of where they are from

Edited by Denis Irwin - 17 Nov 2017 at 12:44pm

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 12:45pm

get to a semi final would be a good start.

What basis are you using for home advantage in rugby is greater than most other team sports ?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 12:46pm

Hate to break it to you Hetters old chap, but quite a few people are getting a chuckle out of this. It would seem that there are a good number of us who find the spectacle of the comically self regarding Irish rogby fraternity being publicly embarrassed to be highly entertaining. Many of these people take themselves awfully seriously and, as such, are crying out to be made fun of. Thumbs Up
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 12:46pm

Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

How I've come to what conclusion? I've just stated why it would be Ireland's best chance in the very next line of what I said. When I say 'serious danger' I mean it from the viewpoint of someone who sees sport in this country as a zero-sum gain exercise and who would hate the thought of us winning a RWC.

Well, I dont know about the home advantage in Rugby being much better than other sports ( Don't have the stats to hand and little interest in getting them ) but I'd use Irelands past performance at world cups and a few pretty uninspiring 6 nations campaigns to suggest there wouldn't be that much danger of Ireland winning one, even at home.
@AntrimMan85
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 12:46pm

Hate to break it to you Hetters old chap, but quite a few people are getting a chuckle out of this. It would seem that there are a good number of us who find the spectacle of the comically self regarding Irish rogby fraternity being publicly embarrassed to be highly entertaining. Many of these people take themselves awfully seriously and, as such, are crying out to be made fun of. Thumbs Up

How petty    

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 12:49pm

Jesus the Anti Rugby brigade are a precious bunch. Between being offended by an advertising campaign by one of the sports sponsors and more or less suggesting no-one can follow a sport because of where they are from

You'll have to remind me where I said/suggested either of these things? And by the way, there is no more precious, hyper sensitive bunch in the country than the mortally outraged rogger crowd!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 12:53pm

You'll have to remind me where I said/suggested either of these things? And by the way, there is no more precious, hyper sensitive bunch in the country than the mortally outraged rogger crowd!

I didn't say you specifically. You don't like the sport but can't refrain from posting in the threads about it.

Edited by Denis Irwin - 17 Nov 2017 at 12:53pm

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 12:53pm

LOL LOL  LOLLOL LOL LOL This just gets better!

Yeah, because they've acquitted themselves with such distinction so far in the short history of this ten team 'world' tournament. I believe the record reads zero from eight attempts to make it into the last eight of this ten team tournament?

They'd be in SERIOUS danger of winning it next time out with home advantage though!! LOL Clap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 12:57pm

LOL LOL  LOLLOL LOL LOL This just gets better!

Yeah, because they've acquitted themselves with such distinction so far in the short history of this ten team 'world' tournament. I believe the record reads zero from eight attempts to make it into the last eight of this ten team tournament?

They'd be in SERIOUS danger of winning it next time out with home advantage though!! LOL Clap

1. It's not a ten team tournament
2. They have qualified for QFs

Edited by Denis Irwin - 17 Nov 2017 at 12:57pm

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 12:59pm

I didn't say you specifically. You don't like the sport but can't refrain from posting in the threads about it.

What can I say, I just like winding up rugger buggers. I have been surrounded by them in work for years and have had to listen to their pompous, sneering, dimwitted, poorly informed bullsh*t on a daily basis. I know sound rugby people too, but my personal experience is that a very significant proportion of Irish rugby fans are insufferable, obnoxious fools. Hence the bias, hands up.Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 22>
  Share Topic