Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ireland v Wales MATCH thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 132>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2017 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Originally posted by Yanto 58 Yanto 58 wrote:

Originally posted by Cathalthesmart Cathalthesmart wrote:

Even is Bale does play in Dublin there is no way he will be 100% fit.

If hes playing a month before he will be fit. Similar talk took place before we went to Hampden when Bale was unfit or rather unwell. Bales presence is often enough to influence how teams set up and their tactics to deal with him. Inevitably, this frees up space for others and we do have the weapons to damage you for sure. Half time at Hampden, Scotland a goal up and Bale replaced, the jocks were absolutely beside themselves, they were going to win......Fair do's roi are not Scotland, but Rambo and Allen were not the players they are now and Bale well that was just the start of his ascension. Game on.   

He won't be playing a month before. They said he was out for 3 months. He is still in a big boot at the moment. I imagine it would be a target he would like to be back for, but even if he makes it, he should be rusty... hopefully.

Sponsored Links

greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 8:59am
Is there any display being organised or thought about for this game, its about 11 weeks to go and i remember it was being talked about a while ago. the coloured bibs in the whole of the south lower would look class. would gladly donate to get this done.
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 1:38pm
I think the big difference for us now is that we have players in top form with their clubs in a way that wasn't the case a few months back. Randolph, Coleman, Hendrick, Arter, Duffy, Clark, Hoolahan, Walters etc.
If they can continue injury free to March we could be well set. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

I think the big difference for us now is that we have players in top form with their clubs in a way that wasn't the case a few months back. Randolph, Coleman, Hendrick, Arter, Duffy, Clark, Hoolahan, Walters etc.
If they can continue injury free to March we could be well set. 
Had a great game on Monday , by all accounts, but he hardly kicked a ball in December so it is a bit hard to judge form beyond one game. A bit more worrying is how Norwich fans feel they play better without Brady and that they finally started their best eleven on Monday. A move may well be for the best.
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Yanto 58 Yanto 58 wrote:

Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

An unfit Bale would still be a handful but he's likely to be both unfit and not match sharp should he play in this game.

I agree he will risk injury and likely play but I cant see him getting any game time between now and then.

Sorry missed the quote button! Why are you so sure bale won't be fit?

The nature of his injury prevents him from taking part in full training sessions and severely limits the type of training he can take part it.

I appreciate Bale may experience a quicker recovery than other players have but even in those circumstances Real will take a measured and conservative approach to the training he does.
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 9:17am
Bale back "in training" and expects to play against Ireland in March, according to Osian and the Daily Mail....so it must be true.
Yanto 58 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Yanto 58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 9:58am
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Bale back "in training" and expects to play against Ireland in March, according to Osian and the Daily Mail....so it must be true.

Yeah agree anything by the daily fail is sh*te. However, Coleman saying similar and visting bale shortly when we will have a more realistic idea. Generally Cookie is very realistic early on about chances, but we are still 2 months plus away.
oisinsboyz4 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oisinsboyz4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 10:10am
If you think you'll beat the Irish,you'll fail ,Gareth Bale(repeat).....Coz you'll never beat the Irish,we're not soft Spanish......if you think you'll beat the Irish..get Real, Gareth Bale@
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 10:12am
Originally posted by oisinsboyz4 oisinsboyz4 wrote:

If you think you'll beat the Irish,you'll fail ,Gareth Bale(repeat).....Coz you'll never beat the Irish,we're not soft Spanish......if you think you'll beat the Irish..get Real, Gareth Bale@
quality tune
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oisinsboyz4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 11:16am
....coz you'll never beat the Irish, that's why we're not British....if you think you'll beat the Irish,get Real,Gareth Bale
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 11:33am

....coz you'll never beat the Irish, that's why we're not British....if you think you'll beat the Irish,get Real,Gareth Bale

That is tragic
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 11:52am
I see bale has uploaded a photo of him running on treadmill with the protective boot off
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oisinsboyz4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 12:30pm
Not really making much progress on a treadmill.....Gareth Bale is a good player.There are Austrians and Serbs every bit as good, if not better.I think of him as a David Beckham type.....overhyped but not the real deal.I'm sick of the "will he,won't he" speculation.I think Wales can beat Ireland without him.This Irish team have been really lucky so far,but that can't keep up.Mind you,they are are good lot better than the North...a team that Wales only managed to beat by one.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 12:36pm
You are going to huge efforts to dispel the Ballymena stereotype.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 12:46pm
Bale is miles ahead of Irish player in terms of technical ability. He's in the top 10
players in the world and does not look remotely out of place at Real Madrid. He's a superb footballer, nonsense to say he's over-hyped.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 12:51pm
I'd take a draw in the game

I'd love if we were guaranteed 1st/playoff before we play Wales In Cardiff as it will be a really hard place too get something from

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 12:59pm

Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

That is tragic

It's certainly up there in the tragic stakes alright. Lads really should get someone other than their mammy's to critique their work before posting. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

I'd take a draw in the game

Sweet suffering....why not take a win and begrudgingly settle for a draw if we happen to play so poorly or be overrun so much that a draw is good result? You'll never beat the Irish, but we'll draw with you might not be a bad chant........
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 132>
  Share Topic