FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red Bull Swindon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TheFieldsOfAthenry View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFieldsOfAthenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red Bull Swindon
    Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 11:39pm
Wasn't watching the game but apparently tim Sherwood came down from
The executive box And started managing the team? This true.
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 9:44pm
Not even Red Bull can save these lot.

Currently 3-0 down to Conference side Eastleigh in the FA Cup LOL
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 6:49pm
PM, they're still 50% owned by McCabe and the Saudis and thankfully they don't seem interested in throwing money at things now and then being in the sh*t later down the road though I do think if they ever get out of the league they might throw the cash at the starting XI

Territorial, know what your saying but Bournemouth done it in league 1 and the championship and had sfa done to them while everyone else tried staying within the rules and I think their league 1 season was the year the rules came into effect so they got given a years grace on it and then done a qpr so can't see a Swindon being able to get away with it
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

The last lot to throw money at getting out of the league were Bournemouth and still don't know how they didn't get done for breaking the transfer cap
Simple.

Bournemouth broke the FL Rules, but they can't take action whilst Bournemouth are in the EPL (i.e. a League can only discipline its own member clubs).

Was the same with QPR, until they got relegated back down again.

And although the FL have tried to throw the book at them, QPR's lawyers argue that the "book" has no validity in law, so it looks like they'll negotiate some sort of deal (if they haven't already done so).
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 1:08pm

Guessing some on here don't know in league 1 there are strict rules on clubs only allowed to spend 60-65% of their turnover on wages and something similar on transfer fee's. Look at United, owned by richest family in the world who are worth TRILLIONS yet they can't get out of the feckin division as they aren't allowed to spend money on transfers despite having the biggest budget in the league every year so the owners have invested it in facilities and the pitch hoping it will eventually pay off. The last lot to throw money at getting out of the league were Bournemouth and still don't know how they didn't get done for breaking the transfer cap
I have no idea why the Blades haven't broken the cap, the punishment never fits the crime, unless they want to be seen to play by the rules after the Tevez affair. Just look at QPR as an example, the cap is an excellent idea but, like FFP, it is hardly ever enforced and when it is the consequences are laughable.
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 1:07pm

Guessing some on here don't know in league 1 there are strict rules on clubs only allowed to spend 60-65% of their turnover on wages and something similar on transfer fee's. Look at United, owned by richest family in the world who are worth TRILLIONS yet they can't get out of the feckin division as they aren't allowed to spend money on transfers despite having the biggest budget in the league every year so the owners have invested it in facilities and the pitch hoping it will eventually pay off. The last lot to throw money at getting out of the league were Bournemouth and still don't know how they didn't get done for breaking the transfer cap

Wouldn't Red Bull just pay x amount for shirt sponsorship and that'd increase the turnover?

Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 12:59pm
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/11/leyton-orient-francesco-becchetti-owner-fans

Just one of the great owners that passed the 'fit and proper person' test. 

a sad state of affairs at orient. been following them for the past 18/19 years or so (picked a random team in champ manager 97/98 and followed them since) and haven't seen them in worse shape as they are now. gutted when barry hearn sold up a couple of years back to this cowboy and it's been nothing but problems since. really was a great family club - the story about how kevin lisbie joined and that his wife would make sambos for the 1st team when they had away games, is all gone.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 11:22am
Red Bull Leeds Clap

we are so proud we should out loud we love you red! bull! leeds!

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 10:48am
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

Swindon are certainly bland enough to sell their club to Red Bull. One of the worst places i have ever been not a dump just incredibly dull

Tim Sherwood rocking a red bull gillet as they roar through the Lower Divisions. Could work

As I said before, I doubt it will be Swindon. Leeds would not be hugely dissimilar to Leipzig, similar sized cities and the fans there have been through enough to see every new owner as a saviour, or a London team to build on. Swindon would explain Lee Power there fully though.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 10:43am
Swindon should be good on the wings now
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 10:37am
Swindon are certainly bland enough to sell their club to Red Bull. One of the worst places i have ever been not a dump just incredibly dull

Tim Sherwood rocking a red bull gillet as they roar through the Lower Divisions. Could work

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 10:26am
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/11/leyton-orient-francesco-becchetti-owner-fans

Just one of the great owners that passed the 'fit and proper person' test. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I wouldn't mind Newcastle Red Bulls Wink  as long as St. James Park kept the name

You couldn't keep the name when Ashley took over man LOL

Anyways. We didn't mention it much cos it aint happening ! Twitter gossip about Red Bull coming to England happens annually.

It's a bit disappointing though to be promised Red Bull and you end up with Tim Sherwood instead.

I was joking hence the Wink
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 4:14pm

I wouldn't mind Newcastle Red Bulls Wink  as long as St. James Park kept the name

You couldn't keep the name when Ashley took over man LOL

Anyways. We didn't mention it much cos it aint happening ! Twitter gossip about Red Bull coming to England happens annually.

It's a bit disappointing though to be promised Red Bull and you end up with Tim Sherwood instead.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 3:57pm
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 2:39pm
Recreating an identity and brand is one thing, subjective and all as that is. Clubs grow, the area they serve changes demographics. Changing the name that has been there since 1883 (and I accept this is their third name) is a different gravy.

Closest I can think to this in England is (I know...) Cardiff and no-one in the FA batted an eyelid.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2016 at 2:26pm

Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Don't think it'll work in the UK. They won't be allowed change the name, Hull tried it. The fans would just form their own club like Wimbledon did.

Like Austria-Salzburg? They got lucky that a large city like Leipzig had a football team stumbling from crisis to crisis in the lower leagues, their first choice was St. Pauli, it didn't go down well.

There's strong rules in England though.

Just ask MK Dons, it was actually the EPL that stopped Hull changing it's name in a one off decision not the FA. Hardly precedent setting in League 1. 
The FA couldn't give a flying f**k, as has been pointed out MK Dons and Hull but there are plenty more examples, it would be more difficult in Germany and they have managed it.

Very Clever in how they done it

The statutes of the DFB would not permit the corporate name to be included in the club name.Instead, the club adopted the unusual name "RasenBallsport", literally meaning "Lawn Ball Sports". But through the use of the initials "RB", which corresponds to the initials of the company,the corporate identity could still be recognized

Not sure if England has the same rules but would imagine they'd find some clever way to get around it just like the above
When you look at some of the dodgy owners in English football and some of the things that have happened then I doubt Red Bull would have much problem. Chelsea, for example, completely recreated their identity and brand since Roman times, they may as well have changed their name! I do very much doubt they would hit a small provincial town like Swindon over a side based in a bigger city. Leeds or Charlton seem much more logical.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic