You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roughest place you have ever been to

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Tijuana, Mexico. Police pointed guns at me and my friend, put us up against a wall, took all the cash we had in our wallets then sent us on our way to the border.
I've heard many reports of this happening in Tijuana.

That other kip - Cuidad Juarez is supposed to be a million times worse.

Yeah ive heard about that place.

As for Tijuana, I kept going back. Working in San Diego for a summer, thousands of Irish there, hundreds would descend on Tijuana every Wednesday, to Safari nite club, absolute kip but was just Irish only, Wednesday was "irish night" . Unfortunately a lot worse stuff happened to Irish ppl that summer, lads waking up in dog kenells with everything stolen from them, and a girl got raped.

The incident that happened to me was on a Saturday night, when we went with two American girls and there were no Irish there. Gangs and ppl with guns. Crazy looking back. Stupidity of youth. Much safer with the herd on a Wednesday but some always had something happen to them.

I went back to Mexico a couple of years ago with a group of friends. In Tulum we stayed in a hostel, agreed the price with the owner, next day he says the price is actually 5 times higher, we tell him no way, the girls were saying lets call the police, i was like no chance. The hostel guy was like yeah I call police. We said no way, we know how this will end, here's your money and f**k you you robbing prick.

As for Lapa, the little favela basterd never got a smoke from me, I'd a fresh pack in my pocket and I smoked my little lungs out for the rest of the night without hassle.

My friend got lifted by the cops from a riot we found ourselves in at a match. They bet the bollix out of him then stole his wallet and phone. You've more chance of getting mugged by the police there than any scrotes. Couldn't get over the amount of police on the streets there either. They get paid a paltry amount too and there's no qualifications or high schooling needed to join. The ultras at the match had a MUCH higher level of English than the cops.

Yeah I was mugged by Mexican police at gunpoint in Tijuana, (posted a couple of pages back) so thats why I wasn't having them involved in the Hostel incident.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 2:31pm
Yeah, I read that the other day, Rolo. Sounded nuts.
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 2:38pm
I feel for the Mexicans. Some of the nicest people you'd ever meet. In 2005 the drugs war was only in its infancy. Sadly security quickly deteriorated afterwards. Back then the only buses getting held up were in Guatemala although there was warnings about the Zapatistas which were more or less to do with the use of your camera when out that way.

So sad to see. I met some great people on that trip.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Gigibongi33 Gigibongi33 wrote:

Liverpool... ok maybe not the roughest place I've been to but definitely the only place that resulted in me not feeling safe at night time.Came out of a chipper not far from o neills and I walked a small bit down the street while my 2 mates were still in the chipper.Some lad grabbed me by the arm and him and his 2 mates cornered me up against a shop window. I didn't know if they were going rob me or rape me. I began to roar in my best norrie accent to let f**king go of me. They did after about 30 seconds of me roaring and ran off. I managed to hold onto my bag and my more importantly my chips but was fairly pissed off no one on the street came to my assitance and it turned me off going out in Liverpool for years.
Been over there dozens of times over the years and never once come across any bother. Granted it was always the city centre area but always found it to be a good friendly spot, good atmosphere on nights out too
Some people just deserve a slap
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Originally posted by Gigibongi33 Gigibongi33 wrote:

Liverpool... ok maybe not the roughest place I've been to but definitely the only place that resulted in me not feeling safe at night time.Came out of a chipper not far from o neills and I walked a small bit down the street while my 2 mates were still in the chipper.Some lad grabbed me by the arm and him and his 2 mates cornered me up against a shop window. I didn't know if they were going rob me or rape me. I began to roar in my best norrie accent to let f**king go of me. They did after about 30 seconds of me roaring and ran off. I managed to hold onto my bag and my more importantly my chips but was fairly pissed off no one on the street came to my assitance and it turned me off going out in Liverpool for years.

Been over there dozens of times over the years and never once come across any bother. Granted it was always the city centre area but always found it to be a good friendly spot, good atmosphere on nights out too

I may possibly been in the wrong place at the wrong time or looked like an easy target...the point I was making was it was one place I've been that I didn't feel safe at night time. just my experience that's all
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic