You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roughest place you have ever been to

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roughest place you have ever been to
    Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 11:31am
Now what the worst city, town or even country you have ever been to ?

Now I have seen a few places where I did feel unsafe I have to say at least even beaten up in places .

Now Fitzroy Crossing in Northern Australia was something else wild west really , never got into trouble but got out of there within minutes .

When I was working in San Fran for a removal firm I had one move where this guy was moving out of the projects , I really did think I could be killed for a table and two chairs .

Was in Cambodia in the early 90s and was told not to go out after dark otherwise we may never see you again , hey I got the hint .

Anyone else .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 11:33am
Burnley Dead

Close the thread now

Edited by Sligo Hornet - 02 Nov 2016 at 11:33am
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 11:38am
how can I start a thread so I can namedrop all the places I have been but its not that obvious from the title Tongue
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 11:41am
La Boca in Buenos Aires. I thought the rest of the city was fine but that area was seriously dodgy. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 11:45am
Tallaght
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 11:46am
Dalkey, should have known it would be rough when I seen the pair of Prada trainers hanging from the electricity wire.......
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 11:46am
Toss up between Oakland, CA and Long Beach, CA. 

Que PM coming in and saying Bandon LOL
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 11:51am
Those underground tunnels in Chisinau LOL
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 12:04pm
Hartlepool, close thread. Ive also stayed in a very rough suburb on the very outskirts of Berlin the name of which escapes me. But Hartlepool is the roughest spot ive ever been in hands down
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 12:04pm
Tegucigalpa - Honduras. One of the murder capitals of the world. Lots of slums and punters wandering around the city with machetes. I never really felt safe there. 
El Puto Amo
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 12:07pm
Passed through Watts in East L.A. & our taxi broke down in the Tenderloin area of San Francisco. Was absolutely sh*tting myself in those places but no one said anything to us. Being the only 2 white people on a public bus through a black neighbourhood in L.A. where this fella was ranting about big bad white people to the bus driver LOL. Noone in fairness said anything to us.

What we call a rough estate here is Disneyland compared to the U.S. You've a serious chance of being shot to death for the even the slightest of things.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 12:09pm
Grimsby is the most horrible place I have experienced in the UK. The only place I have been a week before Christmas where they didn't even have any council/city decorations or Christmas lights up, not even a tree. There's also an element of your sister is your mother, your father is your brother about the locals too. 

The area around McCarthy's Irish bar in Cleveland is rough as fook. Couldn't get a cab for ages and about six different people started following up at various points. Didn't help that my two mates and I were hammered as well.

Around Anfield a few years ago before they did up the new stand sticks out also. I'm told it looks a lot better now.

Askeaton in Limerick is terrible too.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 12:11pm
East end of Glasgow takes some beating
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Tegucigalpa - Honduras. One of the murder capitals of the world. Lots of slums and punters wandering around with machetes. I never really felt safe there. 

So a normal Monday night in Tom Tavey's so

Wink 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 12:23pm
Johannesburg well dodgy you went down the wrong street you weren't come back up it
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 12:25pm
Johannesburg, Oakland California is some spot to

Detroit also. The black areas are rough dodgy and dangerous, terrified

Edited by SByrne24 - 02 Nov 2016 at 12:26pm
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Johannesburg well dodgy you went down the wrong street you weren't come back up it

One Way streets can be very inconvenient indeed
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Grimsby is the most horrible place I have experienced in the UK. The only place I have been a week before Christmas where they didn't even have any council/city decorations or Christmas lights up, not even a tree. There's also an element of your sister is your mother, your father is your brother about the locals too. 

The area around McCarthy's Irish bar in Cleveland is rough as fook. Couldn't get a cab for ages and about six different people started following up at various points. Didn't help that my two mates and I were hammered as well.

Around Anfield a few years ago before they did up the new stand sticks out also. I'm told it looks a lot better now.

Askeaton in Limerick is terrible too.

That sounds brilliant, I was going to Blundell on Good Friday, might go for Xmas now. f**king lights were being put up here last week.Angry

You are correct An C., Bandon is a kip!
When dividing places into kips you have to factor in the local character too, Hornet may not like this but I preferred Luton To Watford as anything could happen in Luton and Watford is the sort of place that feels like Royston Vasey. Was in Stevenage recently, felt like I was in some Dystopian drama. Every building looked thesame and it had completely sucked the life out of the locals.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic