You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Missing Flights After an International

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 9:38pm
Never missed a flight,more so by luck than good planning. It will happen some day mind ya.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sponsored Links

Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 9:14pm
I bumped into a lad I know in the airport in Barcelona after the Andorra game. Himself and his friends stayed up for the Ireland rugby match which was on at about 7 that morning and then got a cab to the wrong airport. By the time they got a cab back to the correct airport their flight was gone. I left them for my own flight as they were trying to sort a new route home. Fast forward a few weeks and I bump into him over in Estonia. He explains that they eventually sorted out a new route home but due to the lack of sleep they dozed off in the airport and missed that too so they had to sort out a third route home. And these lads aren't young fellas either!

Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 8:41pm
I've had a few close shaves over the years, but have never missed a flight. Not on away trips, nor on any other trips. And that's with nearly 70 countries visited haha.

I like to have things organized. So usually already have a transfer or taxi sorted the day before travelling. 
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 8:14pm
Missed my flight to Bordeaux the day after Sweden game. €130 in a TGV instead
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 6:19pm
Pretty boring really

Germanwings Sofia to cologne late
Deutche Bahn  cologne to dusseldorf late
Result - Misse Aer Lingus connection Dusseldorf to Dublin

Could of coped with one being late but not the combination of the two  
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 4:25pm
It's still a sensitive subject.
The dark side.. And the light
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 3:40pm
As I says on the title .
Now I know there are quite a few stories to go with these as there are some classics I am sure due to falling asleep at the gate or the S7 flights which closed the desk when the flight was full and left everyone else stood there .

Any stories you can put them up .
 As for me well so far lucky but did miss a flight back to Gatwick on a holiday due to snowbound plane hey it cost us 255 euro each to get back to Shannon the next day .

So away you go .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic