Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liam Kelly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 42>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 10:46am
Originally posted by John Wick John Wick wrote:

He has done very little right in fairnessThumbs Down He is a busted flush as a manager. Ffs even Stoke didn't want him. Stoke.LOL

We get it, you don't like him Sleepy

Move on. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

iansutton68 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iansutton68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Green Man Green Man wrote:

Yep O'Neill is a busted flush, said it 2016. As for this Kelly lad, as his Sasanach compatriots would say

"Jog on mate"

I'd rather we kept our dignity than get on our knees for non entities like this.
I think that ship already sailed a long time ago!
I’m afraid most of our team is made of mercenaries these days. We have to face the facts, we are 2nd choice to england for most of these lads. We need more Kevin kilbanes of this world but the only problem is, the more a generation continues, the less Irish they feel.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by iansutton68 iansutton68 wrote:

Originally posted by Green Man Green Man wrote:

Yep O'Neill is a busted flush, said it 2016. As for this Kelly lad, as his Sasanach compatriots would say

"Jog on mate"

I'd rather we kept our dignity than get on our knees for non entities like this.
I think that ship already sailed a long time ago!
I’m afraid most of our team is made of mercenaries these days. We have to face the facts, we are 2nd choice to england for most of these lads. We need more Kevin kilbanes of this world but the only problem is, the more a generation continues, the less Irish they feel.

LOL

They must be the worst mercenaries in the world so by playing for us. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 10:41am
Can't really argue with O'Neill's stance here:

Asked yesterday if he had spoken to Kelly, O’Neill said ‘no’. And he gave the same one-word answer when asked if he intended to any time soon.

“A number of stories emanated after that about his position,” said O’Neill.

“His position was pretty categoric.

“Not getting in touch is fine. The comment from the club was that he wanted to keep his options open in case England came calling. Fine, I haven’t a problem with that.

“Am I going to go and see him after that? No.

“If the players want to come and say ‘Listen here, I’ve had a think about it and I really do fancy it,’ I think that’s a different proposition.

“The lad didn’t get back to me, he sent me a text message about four or five days afterwards. At the end of it all, I’m not going to push it. It’s up to the players.”

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 11:21am
Clap  100% right by O'Neill if Kelly wants to play for us the ball is in his court now
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 11:36am
Spot on from MON in light of Kelly’s recent comments. 

Anyway Kelly will be pretty busy the next few weeks in trying to not get relegated to League 1. 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 11:43am
And yet some people will still find a way to put the blame on O'Neill for this.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I think people were more put off by the fact that O'Neill said he was holding out for England when that had never actually been intimated to him (according to Kelly and his representatives anyway). Who knows, the whole thing was a communications mess and it's best just to forget about it imo.

Edited by The O'Shea - 02 May 2018 at 12:41pm
We're decent enough..
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 12:47pm

Cue John Wick
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 1:18pm
O’Neill is right, but I believe it’s the first time that he said that the club was involved at all re: Kelly keeping his options open. Regardless, if Kelly isn’t smart enough to text back an international manager, more fool him
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I think people were more put off by the fact that O'Neill said he was holding out for England when that had never actually been intimated to him (according to Kelly and his representatives anyway). Who knows, the whole thing was a communications mess and it's best just to forget about it imo.

^^^ this
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

O’Neill is right, but I believe it’s the first time that he said that the club was involved at all re: Kelly keeping his options open. Regardless, if Kelly isn’t smart enough to text back an international manager, more fool him

100% agree. He should have contacted MON directly and shown some respect. If he is going to leave it to the club to do his communicating for him he can hardly complain if the club make a balls of it. 

Up to him now to contact the FAI. Would be nice if he did it himself and not through the club or his agent. He's a big boy now.......ok he's not.........but he should be able to use a phone!
It's not me it's you:-)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

100% agree. He should have contacted MON directly and shown some respect. If he is going to leave it to the club to do his communicating for him he can hardly complain if the club make a balls of it. 

Up to him now to contact the FAI. Would be nice if he did it himself and not through the club or his agent. He's a big boy now.......ok he's not.........but he should be able to use a phone!

Well originally MON said it was Kelly himself who contacted him (via text). Now he's changed his story and said it was Reading who contacted him and said he wanted to play for England. That is a significant change from his original position in which he indicated that Kelly himself had told him he wanted to play for England. Kelly, for his part, has denied that either he or his representatives said anything about England. It's just another episode in a case of car-crash communication. Neither Kelly nor O'Neill have come out of it with much credit.
We're decent enough..
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 2:45pm

Well originally MON said it was Kelly himself who contacted him (via text). Now he's changed his story and said it was Reading who contacted him and said he wanted to play for England. That is a significant change from his original position in which he indicated that Kelly himself had told him he wanted to play for England. Kelly, for his part, has denied that either he or his representatives said anything about England. It's just another episode in a case of car-crash communication. Neither Kelly nor O'Neill have come out of it with much credit.
No story has changed, club made a statement to MON, player made aware of interest does not bother to contact MON for a further 4-5 days and then by text
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 2:47pm

I agree with this.... if he wants to play let the manager know now.. he's (Kelly) acting the bollox..a text to a manager (to anyone) after 4 days is 'out of order'
Come on Irelind
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 2:56pm
I agree with O'Neill's stance here and Kelly only has himself to blame for being flung under a bus..

He was holding out for England and he now takes issue with that being called out.. Get a life

Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

No story has changed, club made a statement to MON, player made aware of interest does not bother to contact MON for a further 4-5 days and then by text

Eh, the entire story has changed? MON said nothing about Reading contacting him at the time, he said Kelly sent him a text saying that he was undecided on his international future. That is a significant alteration to the story...
We're decent enough..
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 3:45am
You never know, with the Oxlade Chamberlain injury, it could open up for him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 42>
  Share Topic