You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liam Kelly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 42>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 10:39am

He's suiting himself. He's clearly not pushed on representing Ireland but doesn't want to close the door definitively in case his situation or motivation changes. 
El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 10:54am
I’ve been defending him on here, but “We’ll see how it goes” is an odd response. 

To me that either sounds like he’ll see if better options might come about in the near future, I.e England. 

However, he said that pulling out of the squad was a personal decision and nothing to do with being Irish or English. 

So he’s either lying about it being a personal decision, or perhaps when he said “We’ll see how it goes” he’s aware that he will have to work to make ammendments with MON, which might take some time.

Or maybe he doesn’t want to apolgise to Martin after MON essentially hung him out to dry in front of the press.

Either way, Liam Kelly has come out of this situation very poorly in my book, and while he’s a talented lad, he’ll have work to do to convince the fans, and his team mates that he’s dedicated. 
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 11:39am
O Neill was 100% correct to call him out over the Turkey game! Put up or shut up in all fairness. Doing a total Grealish on it. 
Here we go again
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 12:41pm
Don't know if he's being badly advised but he'd be better off keeping his head down. Not exactly endearing himself to us, and I don't think too many fans would be bothered with him now.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

That's not exactly a ringing endorsement of his commitment. If he was injured or needed rest like his camp was suggesting, then why not just say that?

Agreed. He does not have to give his reasons but he could have said he is 100% committed to Ireland (or something along those lines)
It's not me it's you:-)
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 1:29pm
The funny thing is that these dual nationality guys are never, ever good enough to play for England so they are mainly deluded.

It must be many years since an ROI eligible player who we were trying to secure became a full England international instead.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

The funny thing is that these dual nationality guys are never, ever good enough to play for England so they are mainly deluded.

It must be many years since an ROI eligible player who we were trying to secure became a full England international instead.

Image result for harry kane
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 1:34pm
Kelly doesn’t come off as the brightest spark in interviews. He may well have misspoken or been misquoted, but it’s going to be hard to come into the fold now with so many quotes flying around. A smarter person would have the sense to keep his head down and give the old “focused on my club football/staying fit“ line.

He’s good, but he’s not good enough to warrant this dilly dallying. Next.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 1:36pm
Ryan Bertrand, Gary Cahill, Nathan Redmond, Wayne Rooney, James Milner,  Michael Keane, (Joe Hart?). The list goes on.
We're decent enough..
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 1:38pm

Ryan Bertrand, Gary Cahill, Nathan Redmond, Wayne Rooney, James Milner,  Michael Keane, (Joe Hart?). The list goes on.

didn't know they was eligible
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

You being ironic with the london chatter? 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

You being ironic with the london chatter? 

Nah just sh*te grammar isn't
SimonCox View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimonCox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 1:55pm

Declan Rice would get an England cap in the future.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by SimonCox SimonCox wrote:

Declan Rice would get an England cap in the future.

Still could
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 2:02pm

Were any of those actively courted by the FAI and in the frame to be selected by a current Irish manager? I'm not talking about a list of England players who were eligible on paper to represent the ROI. I'm talking about players we were expressly interested in and wanted to bring into our current squad, who snubbed us and became full England internationals instead.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 2:05pm

I think that misses the point somewhat too, for some they might realise it is England or nothing and, unfortunately, there is little that can be done about it.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 2:07pm

Were any of those actively courted by the FAI and in the frame to be selected by a current Irish manager? I'm not talking about a list of England players who were eligible on paper to represent the ROI. I'm talking about players we were expressly interested in and wanted to bring into our current squad, who snubbed us and became full England internationals instead.

Michael Keane. Kane was a bit different because, incredibly, he was courting us about 5 years ago. Grealish will play for England at full international level.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I think that misses the point somewhat too, for some they might realise it is England or nothing and, unfortunately, there is little that can be done about it.

Also as pointed out before the likes of Jamie Vardy has given these lads hope that they could break in later in life.

Do you think a 22 year Jamie Vardy would have had any chance of making an England squad?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 42>
  Share Topic