Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gary Lineker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gary Lineker
    Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 12:42pm

ClapClapClapClapClapClap

I wonder is Ireland as xenophobic as England? I'd like to think not but I'm not too sure.
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 12:45pm
Fair play to Gary
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 12:46pm
What's this now? What have I missed here?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 12:46pm
Honestly, this situation really annoyed me. 
Worth bearing in mind that there are plenty of compassionate and friendly people in the UK : There may be a significant number of people with these entrenched views but it's not everyone. 

LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 12:50pm
In fairness the refugees in those pictures are definitely not children, fair play to him for publicly sticking up for what he believes in but personally I disagree with him
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by LHurlz LHurlz wrote:

In fairness the refugees in those pictures are definitely not children, fair play to him for publicly sticking up for what he believes in but personally I disagree with him

Read his tweets - He references no pictures. His point is a general one. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Honestly, this situation really annoyed me. 
Worth bearing in mind that there are plenty of compassionate and friendly people in the UK : There may be a significant number of people with these entrenched views but it's not everyone. 

'plenty' might be over egging it, in the south anyway.

Lineker ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Read his tweets - He references no pictures. His point is a general one. 
I have, he's had a lot of stick for defending the "children" refugees that arrived in the UK recently, a lot of them are definitely over 18.  Yes I get his general point too and unfortunately there will always be a few idiots who just go way too far with it 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 2:01pm
There is no one going too far with it. Those against it are just saying the truth that adult migrants are getting into the UK on that they are Children which is unacceptable. 
Unfortunately in today's British society if you're against these migrants you're immediately a racist - Find a popular celebrity who is publicly speaking out against this (Nigel Farage doesn't count) they don't dare because they know the backlash from it.

Gary Lineker is a football pundit, people follow him for his football views. If people wanted political views I'm sure they'd all follow someone a bit more in the field than a BBC/BT Sport Pundit.
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 2:05pm
I was talking about the idiots who are completely anti-immigration of any form, absolutely agree with what you're saying.  PC brigade out in full force 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

There is no one going too far with it. Those against it are just saying the truth that adult migrants are getting into the UK on that they are Children which is unacceptable. 
Unfortunately in today's British society if you're against these migrants you're immediately a racist - Find a popular celebrity who is publicly speaking out against this (Nigel Farage doesn't count) they don't dare because they know the backlash from it.

Gary Lineker is a football pundit, people follow him for his football views. If people wanted political views I'm sure they'd all follow someone a bit more in the field than a BBC/BT Sport Pundit.
 Britain is a racist country, always has been and probably always will be, unfortunately. Using the term 'against these migrants' would suggest that not only are you an ignorant racist but also semi-literate. By the way, when did Lineker give up presenting and become a pundit?
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Britain is a racist country, always has been and probably always will be, unfortunately. Using the term 'against these migrants' would suggest that not only are you an ignorant racist but also semi-literate. By the way, when did Lineker give up presenting and become a pundit?
So it's wrong to take issue with adults coming into the UK when they're supposed to be children?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 2:11pm
Calling me a racist. LOL

See, you're exactly the type of person who I described who has degenerated British society, an absolute idiot. Thumbs Up
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 2:12pm
I find it amusing when British people complain about immigrants to their country considering Britain invaded half the f**king planet in the past 200-300 years
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 2:14pm

So it's wrong to take issue with adults coming into the UK when they're supposed to be children?
Did I actually say that though, or are you just pulling things out of your arse again? Anybody who is against people fleeing their homeland has serious mental health issues, if people want to debate the issue in a non-racist way then I have no issue with that, but phrases like 'against the migrants' is lazy, ignorant and very racist. Surely it is obvious that there is a difference between wanting a stricter immigration policy, something I personally oppose but that is largely irrelevant here, and being 'against the migrants'.

Edited by pre Madonna - 21 Oct 2016 at 2:14pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 2:16pm

Calling me a racist. LOL

See, you're exactly the type of person who I described who has degenerated British society, an absolute idiot. Thumbs Up
I didn't just call you a racist, I called you a semi-literate racist. Having read the above post, where you have failed to see the stupidity of the term you used, I will add complete f**kwit for good measure.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 2:18pm

Calling me a racist. LOL

I didn't just call you a racist, I called you a semi-literate racist. Having read the above post, where you have failed to see the stupidity of the term you used, I will add complete f**kwit for good measure.

Like I says you're exactly the type of person British doesn't need, a stereotyping arsehole.

Normally the idiots usually brand people as racists after they've said their opinion, but I didn't even give an opinion so not only are you an idiot or an arsehole, you're a moron also.

Edited by coyne - 21 Oct 2016 at 2:19pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 2:22pm

Calling me a racist. LOL

Like I says you're exactly the type of person British doesn't need, a stereotyping arsehole.

Normally the idiots usually brand people as racists after they've said their opinion, but I didn't even give an opinion so not only are you an idiot or an arsehole, you're a moron also.
British education needs a serious, serious overhaul. Not only can you not read basic English you can't write it either. Read what you wrote again, if you are struggling with it take it to someone who can speak better English. As you live in the North East maybe you could hop on a train to Scotland or somewhere to find such a person. All irony is deliberate.

Edited by pre Madonna - 21 Oct 2016 at 2:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic