FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Friendly international being announced at 1pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ncafc87 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncafc87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Friendly international being announced at 1pm
    Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 11:42pm
Happy with playing Iceland, decent friendly.
Sponsored Links

LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Originally posted by LHurlz LHurlz wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

An awful lot of people are failing to see this is just a marketing stunt by the FAI that seems to be working.

<font size="7">IT IS NOT FREE!

There has ALWAYS been 6 games on a season ticket.

Last year they added an extra to bring it to 7 against Holland. Fair enough, great stuff from the FAI, praise where is praise is due etc..

But the current season ticket was reduced to 5 games AND prices upped without much complaint from anyone.

The 'extra' game is now being dressed up as freebie.

All this fair play FAI comments are doing my head in.Angry

maybe so, but we all bought the ST as a 5 game ticket. We now have an extra game. PR or whatever, its still an extra game and increased the value of the ST from what we all intially thought.
What's the extra game? I thought it was gonna be the 3 WCQs, Oman+Iceland? Uruguay isn't free for ST holders is it?

Nope the season ticket covered the 3 WCQS, a June friendly and the Oman game. The June friendly was confirmed as Uruguay few weeks back.

The Iceland game announced today wasn't mentioned in the fixtures when we bought season ticket more was a March friendly so that makes Iceland the free game being included on the ST
Oh that's not too bad then, I was under the impression that Uruguay wasn't free because they never mentioned anything about ST holders when they announced it.  Or did they and I missed it?
Darrener View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 11:19pm
The Oman game cost us world ranking places due to some lining pockets and now the FAI are getting credit for a 'free' friendly.

Next we'll have Delaney running for President with Missy as first woman
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by LHurlz LHurlz wrote:

An awful lot of people are failing to see this is just a marketing stunt by the FAI that seems to be working.

Last year they added an extra to bring it to 7 against Holland. Fair enough, great stuff from the FAI, praise where is praise is due etc..

But the current season ticket was reduced to 5 games AND prices upped without much complaint from anyone.

maybe so, but we all bought the ST as a 5 game ticket. We now have an extra game. PR or whatever, its still an extra game and increased the value of the ST from what we all intially thought.
What's the extra game? I thought it was gonna be the 3 WCQs, Oman+Iceland? Uruguay isn't free for ST holders is it?

Nope the season ticket covered the 3 WCQS, a June friendly and the Oman game. The June friendly was confirmed as Uruguay few weeks back.

The Iceland game announced today wasn't mentioned in the fixtures when we bought season ticket more was a March friendly so that makes Iceland the free game being included on the ST
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
LHurlz View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 10:15pm

GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 8:53pm
Happy with this friendly vs Iceland
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 8:17pm

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Anyone else disappointed it's not Oman?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 7:05pm
People complain that it's not against a top team are probably the same people who complain that we should be using friendlies for ranking points. Fair play to the FAI here they've got the balance right. Also the season ticket is great value. Apart from that the FAI are worthless scumLOL
Darrener View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 7:03pm

Sanity has returned to the forum
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 6:52pm

IT IS NOT FREE!

Edited by valo88 - 21 Oct 2016 at 6:52pm
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 6:45pm
Some moaning going on .

Mid week game and a chance to meet up with a few lads for pints . Watch a bit of ball and go home and throw the leg over the missus . What's not to like ?
In reality if we were to play Brazil .. how many superstars would they take with them to play us . Their best 11 would just about beat us so an under strength Brazilian team would be no match for us . Remember the Germans hammered them 7-1 and then the mighty Germans got a hiding off us .
I'm happy with the opposition and can see a decent crowd turning up to watch
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Oman. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 6:36pm
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

International friendlies are as exciting as a tin of soup, it doesn't matter if it is Iceland or Argentina.

Is the correct answer. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

I wonder on the Icelandic forum are they going 'bloody hell not Ireland and their sh*tty weather, overated bars'

EDIT: deleted. need to try be more positive.

Edited by eire77 - 21 Oct 2016 at 5:00pm
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
Peter1986 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 4:58pm
To be honest before I was able to afford to buy season tickets or even going regularly to games,i use to buy these dual ticket or even triple ticket packages when I could and i use to look forward to them,whether they were "meaningless" or not.You were getting to see Ireland play in more than 1 match,sometimes even more than 2 and it worked out at decent value per game when you broke the cost down.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Darrener Darrener wrote:

Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

I can see them selling this as a dual ticket with the wales game to non st holders to try and get the tickets sales up for it. Not the most attractive fixture tbh but a step up from Oman.

That would be a disgrace.

Meaningless friendlies should never be coupled with competitive matches. If people want to go to friendlies fire away but don't let that discriminate and cost those that don't.

Seeing as you are a super part time fan you can have my ticket for Vienna and all the matches you want to pick and I'll just go to the others
I know nothing :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic