You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Galway United fans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 1:51am
What a great night!
Sponsored Links

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 7:49am
Super night and atmosphere. Hope all those people go back now! Mad game
Dundalk a total shambles 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2023 at 10:26am
Unreal first half from United , not quite sure what to make of it as it was so special 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
OliverHorganFan View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OliverHorganFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2023 at 8:11pm
Bit quiet on here considering we got presented the League title. Great weekend and with the cup run it feels like we've converted a fair few casuals into regulars for next season. 
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2023 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by OliverHorganFan OliverHorganFan wrote:

Bit quiet on here considering we got presented the League title. Great weekend and with the cup run it feels like we've converted a fair few casuals into regulars for next season. 

Ah the great Galway sporting public! There isn't a more fickle fanbase in the country (I include other sports in that). 

Hopefully they can kick on from here.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2023 at 6:47am

Galway won the league 3-4 weeks ago and got all the plaudits then and rightly so. Being presented with the cup is just a side show in comparison.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2023 at 6:48am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Ah the great Galway sporting public! There isn't a more fickle fanbase in the country (I include other sports in that). 

Ahhh but we have the greatest bunch of barstoolers in the country .

Sold out the semi final in one day 4300 , next game on a wet Tuesday evening and we had 566 at it LOL
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OliverHorganFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2023 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Ahhh but we have the greatest bunch of barstoolers in the country .

Sold out the semi final in one day 4300 , next game on a wet Tuesday evening and we had 566 at it LOL

That Waterford performance deserved better support. Thought we'd even get more than the 3k last Friday. 
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OliverHorganFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2023 at 8:55pm
Hurley staying on is a big boost. 
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 10:06pm
over from London and want to go to the game v Pats on Friday. Will it be easy enough to get a ticket - nothing on website. Thanks
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Darren Darren wrote:

over from London and want to go to the game v Pats on Friday. Will it be easy enough to get a ticket - nothing on website. Thanks

Might be tricky.  I plan on getting one at the gate myself but its not guaranteed. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2024 at 11:07pm
That was a pretty poor social media post from Galway Utd today..
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 6:55am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Might be tricky.  I plan on getting one at the gate myself but its not guaranteed. 

Thanks 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 8:38am

Thanks 

Seems most have gone or soon will be .

I guess TJ has got a ST holder to get a ticket for him by now . 

The only thing i would do is go up to Terryland on match day and see if someone has a spare .
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2024 at 4:42pm
Have asked my daughter who lives in Galway to see if she can get me one. No information on the website. Will pop along if no luck ahead of time. Glad that they are getting the crowds back. First went there 40 years ago and hasn't always been the case!
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2024 at 4:55pm
Apparently selling remaining tickets between 5 and 8 tonight. No paying in on the night, so walking there now hoping to pick one up. Do Galway ybig fans meet anywhere before the game?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2024 at 9:43pm

Apparently selling remaining tickets between 5 and 8 tonight. No paying in on the night, so walking there now hoping to pick one up. Do Galway ybig fans meet anywhere before the game?

It'ss unusual but the game is a sell out.  Fans usually meet up in McGinn's before/after the game.  Wouldn't be many ybig lads though
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2024 at 4:43pm

It'ss unusual but the game is a sell out.  Fans usually meet up in McGinn's before/after the game.  Wouldn't be many ybig lads though

Ok thanks. Was hoping to meet up with some of you from this board. Met Claret Murph years ago at the Algeria friendly at RDS and seen the GUFC flag at a few games. Looking forward to tonight. Brian Kerr in Mary Mullins bar this afternoon btw. Commentating on the match ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>
  Share Topic