You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

When can we expect a statement ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 5:02pm
Really annoys me that some fans think they can look down their noses at fellow fans who have paid out of their own pockets to travel and support the team.
Heard stories of somebody from the confederation labelling everybody on here as keyboard warriors. 
Also, heard a story from a lad who I think was only on his second or third trip (Maybe even his first after the euros). The story he relayed to me was that he was in the team hotel on Saturday night and wandered in for a drink. JD and some others were at the bar having a sing-song. Sing-song stops and one of the crowd with JD approaches these lads and asks then who they were there with and that the group there were with JD etc. The lad was like "Eh, we are just here having a drink". 

Mind you he was relaying this story after several shots of Jager ! (Though I doubt you'd make that up)

Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 6:30pm
Darrener, think it's best to avoid comments about his private life - Enough ammo in how he is currently running Irish football without having to go down that route.

Darrener View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrener Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Darrener, think it's best to avoid comments about his private life - Enough ammo in how he is currently running Irish football without having to go down that route.

Correct
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

He turned his back against the flag McClean, McClean,
He called the Queen a dorty s**g McClean, McClean,
He hates the poppy, he hates the brits, he hates the north they're f***ing s**t
James McClean he hates the f***ing queen

He wouldnt sing god save the queen, McClean, McClean,
He told the North go f**k yourselves, McClean, McClean,
Now he plays for the boys in Green, now he sings Amhrán na bhFiann
James McClean he hates the f***ing queen
<h3 ="r">
</h3>

Love this
de scientist View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote de scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 1:41am
ybig hierarchy should tell the confederation were to go been honest. flags or no f**king flags in LD. 

YBIG dont need to be associated with these scumbags!  
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Think the irony of this thread is lost on some

I'm actually shocked at it. Ya should order a truck load of ironyometers & hand them out for free in Vienna, there seems to be huge numbers here in dire need of them. Mind you, some of them wouldn't entirely surprise ya. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 9:48am
Will someone actually put up what happened and who was involved instead of the fckin Chinese whispers, if an incident took place in view of supporters why brush it under the carpet here ?

Edited by DUBLIN DOC - 13 Oct 2016 at 9:48am
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 9:55am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Will someone actually put up what happened and who was involved instead of the fckin Chinese whispers, if an incident took place in view of supporters why brush it under the carpet here ?

Irish fans using bad language
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 10:03am
Originally posted by de scientist de scientist wrote:

Originally posted by de scientist de scientist wrote:

What about Confederation member fighting in a bar with a fellow Irish fan on Saturday night. Himself and another exchanging punches! No way for high ranking official of the Confederation to be carrying on when he represents a vast % of travellers. 
<p ="msonormal"=""><span style="font-size:10.5pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif; color:#00313C"> 
<o:p></o:p></span>

these 2 fighting again last night in the old bus and andy pizza. not what you expect from a committee member of the confederation..... i wonder will they make a statement on it?

I think I saw that going on the first night.A fella who looked like Jim Royle was fighting with another Irish lad.
Awful to see that sh*t happening.It's trouble makers like them that could give Irish fans a bad name .
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 10:16am
Just going back to the thread title. There is no way that there will be anyone owning up for the statement released, these guys that released it are a bunch of cowards, they don't have the balls to stand up and admit responsibility. They stand behind the confederation and make the confederation look like a bunch of muppets.
To hear the stories coming back from moldova about a confederation member fighting with another fan is dreadful, should he be allowed to carry on his role in the confederation.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 10:53am
We were late enough getting into the game (About 5 mins before kick off) and didn't see anybody at the turnstiles checking flags at that stage. 
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 10:54am

We were late enough getting into the game (About 5 mins before kick off) and didn't see anybody at the turnstiles checking flags at that stage. 

Same as that.no one from FAI there when I went through.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 11:13am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Same as that.no one from FAI there when I went through.

Went into the ground early enough and a certain fai employee was standing at our turnstiles just after the security check.

the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 11:32am
Heard they're keeping them on file in a filing cabinet.
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 11:57am
There was an FAI employee at the turnstile but nobody checked my flag.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 12:59pm
Interesting thread (not a reference to the Confederation/JD etc).

Personally I don't care if you do sing the McClean song or not, or even if some think "brilliant", "love it", "superb" etc - I am neither offended nor surprised.

But I can guarantee if the GAWA were to sing something similar about eg the Pope or Michael D Higgins, there would be an absolute media sh*tstorm

Which is the same as when JD sung an IRA song in a bar after a match a while back. I can guarantee that had the IFA's CEO sung some UVF song in public some night in Belfast, his resignation would have been tendered to Windsor Avenue by the morning.

"Standards? Make mine a double..."
JohntheBaptist View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohntheBaptist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 1:02pm
I'm sick of the superiority complex that some Irish fans have.   
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Interesting thread (not a reference to the Confederation/JD etc).

Personally I don't care if you do sing the McClean song or not, or even if some think "brilliant", "love it", "superb" etc - I am neither offended nor surprised.

But I can guarantee if the GAWA were to sing something similar about eg the Pope or Michael D Higgins, there would be an absolute media sh*tstorm

Which is the same as when JD sung an IRA song in a bar after a match a while back. I can guarantee that had the IFA's CEO sung some UVF song in public some night in Belfast, his resignation would have been tendered to Windsor Avenue by the morning.

"Standards? Make mine a double..."

I don't disagree about the James McClean song being offensive (if not a little catchy) and I also take your point about JD and IFA CEO. 

One thing though, the GAWA have sung offensive songs of a similar nature and I don't recall the sh1tstorm bar a few posters on here putting up the video or wringing their hands.  

El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic