FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

When can we expect a statement ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
redman1879 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redman1879 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 10:34am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Rumours abound that a certain supporters club harvested quiet an amount of tickets for this, that is a class less thing to do

Says the man who railed against Chinese whispers
So you are not bothered then chief, ah well not to worry roll on Wales away

Why do you insist on sh*t stirring with rumours? This causes nothing but problems, if you have facts and evidence then by all means post it. This is like primary school on certain threads, with all the crying and finger pointing. Cringeworthy from certain posters.
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 7:19am
Look I spoke to one lad who admitted he harvested tickets as he said " at 5 euro what have I got to lose really " I don't agree with it but I wasn't going to fall out with the lad over it .
It just seems Wild West with the FAI you have to do what you can as there are no real rules , I threw all my bags in with my local SC as I did think it was the best chance of getting tickets for all games and so far we have never been let down .
 We all know this can be sorted out so but the FAI don't want to and we know the reasons for it .
As for ticket harvesting this could be stopped at a stroke well a scan really .
As those who travelled to the last 2 away games may have seen the head of security from the FAI checking tickets , now he could have scanned them also down dated then to whatever IT dobby do  and bingo we have everyone who turned up at the match .
Again all this is too simple , there will be change only when there is change at the top until then it seems it's everyone for themselves .

Edited by Claret Murph - 14 Oct 2016 at 7:20am
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Missy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 12:34am
There were a few 100 Irish fans behind the Dugout and a other 100 or so beside the tunnel where players came out.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 11:33pm
There was more than 600 there NR, I would have thought about 800 meself. If Oscar Delta were still here, he would have put it at 1600 at the very least. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 11:12pm

Rumours abound that a certain supporters club harvested quiet an amount of tickets for this, that is a class less thing to do

900 odd tickets sold maybe 600 at it course there was harvesting

Feel free to pm me
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 10:57pm

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

I have deleted posts there.

Whether it happened or not is not the issue. Is there really a need to names names on here and carry on as if everyone is whiter than white on here?

Who really gives a sh*t if they did have a bit of a row? 

Stick to the serious issues like
why have the confederation have not commentated on a statement, issued by the FAI on behalf of the Confederation, which slated other fans? Why the silence?

Are they pushing for a fair and transparent ticketing system for ALL fans ?

Are they pushing for an increase in the pitiful 30% allocation for ALL fans?

Why did their PRO have a direct and bizarre pop at YBIG in his first newspaper interview? Has he been told to be refrain from such absurd pettiness in the future?

Do some clubs get a larger ticket allocation than others? If so, why?

Why are the SC members always given Players Lounge tickets? Not that I give a flying fuk but surely they should be rsevred for families and rotated every game?

why did they not respond to the open letter posted on this forum with pretty much the same question 
These are the issues. Not a fuking drunken row in Moldova. 
ClapClapClapClapClap
minor edit

oh and the bad language LOL

Yeah, well said GerK, and might be no harm to move the McClean song thing to McClean thread or singing songs thread while yer at it. 

2 lads who are mates having a bit of a row isn't news & as such has fcuk all to do with the interstellar alliance or their opinions on the topics Ger listed above. Wouldn't like to think anything people get up to on an away trip would have to read it on ybig a few days later, it kind of sets a poor precedent in my view.

Even though I know we were in an ex-Soviet state, we might be better off leaving the KGB/Stasi stuff to the lads in Abbotstown (once again, good evening gents, if you are reading) and concentrate on stuff that is more important. 

Like Newryrep, I'm mad to get to the bottom of this bad language at football games issue and the intergalactic affiliation's opinions on said same. Statement any day now lads, someone start the countdown.......Wink

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 10:48pm
How long are we going to talk in circles, the same thing over and over.

I'll join in as a simple summary for the lurkers:

- A pathetic 30% of tickets are allocated to fans (supporters clubs and independents); this needs to be increased.
- There is no transparency within the fans allocation, leading to a belief that SCs receive preferential treatment.
- The distribution process within the fans' allocation should not discriminate between SC members and independents.
- Each individual fan should have a clear record of home and away attendances; this should be the only criteria and be transparent to all.
- Spot checks of individual travel details could be performed to prevent mass ticket harvesting.

As it stands, we have a confederation of supporters clubs who represent only supporters clubs. They will never argue for an increase in the 30% allocation in case their next allocation of tickets is lessened for speaking out. The leaders also like the perks and control the current system gives them.

They are controlled to such an extent by the FAI that they allowed a statement to be released in their name that abused fellow fans.

They will never revoke this statement.

The FAI, in its current mindset, will seek to maintain control of SCs via the confederation. They want to retain 70% of tickets for the 'football family' and preferred partners and do not want to administer a transparent allocation system. The lack of transparency also ensures no accountability should there be a desire to seek or return favours, especially for glamour ties (confederation and SC leaders would of course never be left behind, it's only ordinary SC members and independents who lose out).

Conversely:

- More SC members who regularly attend matches would benefit from an increased and transparent allocation.
- A transparent system would be easier for the ticket office to administer in the long run after a small initial outlay on the type of programming that many EPL club websites use.
- Persistent begging calls for glamour ties would die out.
- Loyal and united fans would remain.
- ST sales would increase as confidence in the fairness of the system grows.
- The need to use tickets as currency would disappear.
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 10:39pm

Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 10:36pm
How much was the match ticket for the game ? (Moldova)

Edited by Butch - 13 Oct 2016 at 10:38pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 10:17pm

Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I've no difficulty with discounted / free tickets, based on bulk sales. Put it like this: if a club sells 200 season tickets at full price (€160 average, say) and an extra 100 tickets for the Austria and Wales games at €50 each, the total for the FAI is €37,000.... but if they get incentivised season ticket sales in bulk and sell 250 season tickets for €140 average and only 50 extras for the Austria and Wales games, that's €40,000 for the FAI. It makes sense for the FAI to encourage supporters' clubs to sell season tickets, and price reductions for bulk purchases (or the odd free ticket, if you want to look at it like that, provide that it's all clear and above board), I've no problem with it. Generally, the season tickets will be going to people who would have went to one or two games anyway, so you just have to make it worth their while to get a season ticket, and the SCs are in a great position to identify those prospective purchasers.

However, I am not alone in having serious issues with one class of season ticket holder (SC bought) have priority over another class of season ticket holder (non-SC bought) for away tickets. Priority on away tickets should be a selling point for all season tickets, not for SCs. Hell, if SCs have priority over non SC members, it's not an incentive to get a season ticket, just an incentive to join an SC, which doesn't maximise FAI revenue at all. Also, anyone who goes to an away game is generally interested in going to home games, so they should be encouraged to have season tickets as a group, whether as a member of an SC or not. The current system is quite perversely encouraging a certain type of fan to give up their season tickets, which is madly counterproductive.

where is the encouragement for people to become ST holders given that the away allocation for Sc/and dare I mention it Fans Direct LOL is 30%, the more ST holders there  are the less chance you have of getting a ticket to a big away game

I also note that my away record when I log in to ticketmaster website is there  all the way back to Sweden from memory

Edited by Newryrep - 13 Oct 2016 at 8:55pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 8:46pm

Discounted, I believe so.
Priority on away tickets, I believe so.

what is the criteria for a discount on tickets ? - I actually don't have any issue with people getting discounts if buying in bulk BTW but what is the magic number 2 ? ( happy days Tongue) , 5  10 20 50 100 500+  ? who kjnows  ? somebody must

Is this open to all supporters clubs/those on probation or can independents apply  and if so how ?

what is the criteria for getting priority on away tickets - even though all who get these tickets may not have as good an away record as maybe those who missed out - dare I mention  Glasgow ?

Whats in a goody bag ? is it something usefull ? like  a fast past through security ( that's airport security folks ), not the security at 114 (and only 114) or a key ring that doubles as a bottle opener such like or is it like the crappy SSC like goody bag

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 8:28pm
I've no difficulty with discounted / free tickets, based on bulk sales. Put it like this: if a club sells 200 season tickets at full price (€160 average, say) and an extra 100 tickets for the Austria and Wales games at €50 each, the total for the FAI is €37,000.... but if they get incentivised season ticket sales in bulk and sell 250 season tickets for €140 average and only 50 extras for the Austria and Wales games, that's €40,000 for the FAI. It makes sense for the FAI to encourage supporters' clubs to sell season tickets, and price reductions for bulk purchases (or the odd free ticket, if you want to look at it like that, provide that it's all clear and above board), I've no problem with it. Generally, the season tickets will be going to people who would have went to one or two games anyway, so you just have to make it worth their while to get a season ticket, and the SCs are in a great position to identify those prospective purchasers.

However, I am not alone in having serious issues with one class of season ticket holder (SC bought) have priority over another class of season ticket holder (non-SC bought) for away tickets. Priority on away tickets should be a selling point for all season tickets, not for SCs. Hell, if SCs have priority over non SC members, it's not an incentive to get a season ticket, just an incentive to join an SC, which doesn't maximise FAI revenue at all. Also, anyone who goes to an away game is generally interested in going to home games, so they should be encouraged to have season tickets as a group, whether as a member of an SC or not. The current system is quite perversely encouraging a certain type of fan to give up their season tickets, which is madly counterproductive.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Whether it happened or not is not the issue. Is there really a need to names names on here and carry on as if everyone is whiter than white on here?

Stick to the serious issues like why have the confederation have not commentated on a statement, issued by the FAI on behalf of the Confederation, which slated other fans? Why the silence?
Are they pushing for a fair and transparent ticketing system?
Are they pushing for an increase in the pitiful 30% allocation for fans?
Why did their PRO have a direct and bizarre pop at YBIG in his first newspaper interview? Has he been told to be refrain from such absurd pettiness in the future?
Why are the SC members always given Players Lounge tickets? Not that I give a flying fuk but surely they should be rsevred for families and rotated every game?

are some clubs being given free or discounted tickets?

Discounted, I believe so.
Priority on away tickets, I believe so.
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 8:10pm
There's pics on FB from The Sky Bar and they look the best of pals!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 8:08pm

Stick to the serious issues like
why have the confederation have not commentated on a statement, issued by the FAI on behalf of the Confederation, which slated other fans? Why the silence?

Are they pushing for a fair and transparent ticketing system for ALL fans ?

Are they pushing for an increase in the pitiful 30% allocation for ALL fans?

why did they not respond to the open letter posted on this forum with pretty much the same question 
ClapClapClapClapClap
minor edit

oh and the bad language LOL
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 8:05pm

Stick to the serious issues like why have the confederation have not commentated on a statement, issued by the FAI on behalf of the Confederation, which slated other fans? Why the silence?

are some clubs being given free or discounted tickets?
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 7:58pm

Edited by The GerK - 13 Oct 2016 at 7:59pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic