When can we expect a statement ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Healy90210 or whatever, you're in the wrong thread.

NR, not sure how we got there as the tcikets were for Block 19 but it was a grand spot to watch the game and not often you'd be as close to the dugout.

I've a fair idea, ye got too f**kin lazy walking down that long corridor and when ye got that far, thought '' This'll do us'' LOL.  Could see the Apache chief's wig/hat from nearly anywhere in 1st half, dunno where ye got to in the 2nd half though, probably up eating prawn sandwiches with JD........

to paraphrase the line form the Black Sox scandal

'say it aint so RL'

SmileSmileSmile

Edited by Newryrep - 14 Oct 2016 at 10:27pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 10:02pm

NR, not sure how we got there as the tcikets were for Block 19 but it was a grand spot to watch the game and not often you'd be as close to the dugout.

I've a fair idea, ye got too f**kin lazy walking down that long corridor and when ye got that far, thought '' This'll do us'' LOL.  Could see the Apache chief's wig/hat from nearly anywhere in 1st half, dunno where ye got to in the 2nd half though, probably up eating prawn sandwiches with JD........

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

A whisker under a 1000 tickets sold

980 sold according to RTÉ. Looked around 600 at it
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 5:16pm
a lot of Harvesting there then Wink
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 5:06pm
A whisker under a 1000 tickets sold
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by Missy Missy wrote:

There were a few 100 Irish fans behind the Dugout and a other 100 or so beside the tunnel where players came out.

There was alot less than 100 beside dug out. We were there and if there was 60 or 70 that was it. Remember it was a small ground so numbers would be deceiving.

I was in that section too and thought there were less than 50 Irish fans in it.  I reckoned we had 500 fans in the stadium.  

You're probably right in fairness. There wasn't that many beside the dugout. I was being generous with the 70 odd figure. There's no way we had 900 or 1000 there.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 4:26pm

There were a few 100 Irish fans behind the Dugout and a other 100 or so beside the tunnel where players came out.

There was alot less than 100 beside dug out. We were there and if there was 60 or 70 that was it. Remember it was a small ground so numbers would be deceiving.

I was in that section too and thought there were less than 50 Irish fans in it.  I reckoned we had 500 fans in the stadium.  
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 3:41pm
I might have had one Jemmy to many before the game. I'm happy to say I remember the game but don't actually remember much as to how I got there.
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 3:30pm

Was actually wondering where you lads ended up. We couldn't find yiz anywhere haha
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 3:19pm

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 2:52pm
im expecting a Statement from Scott Hogan soon saying 

' I have every respect for Ireland and my irish heritage but i chose to represent the country i was born and raised in England for my international football career' 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 2:19pm

Ooooooh hark at RL in the posh seats
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 2:02pm

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Look I spoke to one lad who admitted he harvested tickets as he said " at 5 euro what have I got to lose really " I don't agree with it but I wasn't going to fall out with the lad over it .
It just seems Wild West with the FAI you have to do what you can as there are no real rules , I threw all my bags in with my local SC as I did think it was the best chance of getting tickets for all games and so far we have never been let down .
 We all know this can be sorted out so but the FAI don't want to and we know the reasons for it .
As for ticket harvesting this could be stopped at a stroke well a scan really .
As those who travelled to the last 2 away games may have seen the head of security from the FAI checking tickets , now he could have scanned them also down dated then to whatever IT dobby do  and bingo we have everyone who turned up at the match .
Again all this is too simple , there will be change only when there is change at the top until then it seems it's everyone for themselves .

Murph - actual random pick up in host city would work a treat

Yep I agree NR but saying that the last two what I can think of were Tbilisi and Astana and they still didn't manage to work it out who was there or not .
I know fair play to Brianie who pick up a good few tickets for a good few of us in Astana , now we were all there but the FAI didn't know that .

Murph - just being in Tbilisi or Astana should not be THE factor in you getting scarce away tickets it should be A factor. Moldova wasn't exactly that easy to get to. Anyway I digress

Random pick up in host city
  • a number selected at random have to pick up at city centre hotel or at ground IN PERSON between certain times at hotel or hour or two before match
  • not their mate not their wife, not their mates wife, not the excuse he has slept in , or overindulged the night before and is in his bedWink
  • it really is that simple
  • don't turn up  - get a warning and advised you will be requested to pick up future away games
  • do it again  - touch sh*t - no more tickets
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by redman1879 redman1879 wrote:

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Rumours abound that a certain supporters club harvested quiet an amount of tickets for this, that is a class less thing to do

Says the man who railed against Chinese whispers
So you are not bothered then chief, ah well not to worry roll on Wales away

Why do you insist on sh*t stirring with rumours? This causes nothing but problems, if you have facts and evidence then by all means post it. This is like primary school on certain threads, with all the crying and finger pointing. Cringeworthy from certain posters.

Welcome back OD's Northern voice.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 12:38pm

Look I spoke to one lad who admitted he harvested tickets as he said " at 5 euro what have I got to lose really " I don't agree with it but I wasn't going to fall out with the lad over it .
It just seems Wild West with the FAI you have to do what you can as there are no real rules , I threw all my bags in with my local SC as I did think it was the best chance of getting tickets for all games and so far we have never been let down .
 We all know this can be sorted out so but the FAI don't want to and we know the reasons for it .
As those who travelled to the last 2 away games may have seen the head of security from the FAI checking tickets , now he could have scanned them also down dated then to whatever IT dobby do  and bingo we have everyone who turned up at the match .
Again all this is too simple , there will be change only when there is change at the top until then it seems it's everyone for themselves .

Yep I agree NR but saying that the last two what I can think of were Tbilisi and Astana and they still didn't manage to work it out who was there or not .
I know fair play to Brianie who pick up a good few tickets for a good few of us in Astana , now we were all there but the FAI didn't know that .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 12:34pm

Murph, does your SC meet regularly ? And if so, would they entertain the topic of ticket allocations being discussed at the meeting ? Genuine question here. Am just asking as I used to be in the SC over here for a while. They meet every month or so : If I was still involved now I might be tempted to ask at a meeting about it, would be unsure of how that would be recieved. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 12:29pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic