You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Europes Best and Worst Airports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Europes Best and Worst Airports
    Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

Stand stead is one efficient airport.
Don't think many that got off that Air Moldova flight on monday would agree, fkn ages in the queue for passport control

Paris Beauvis, holy good fuk but what a dump!!!! How does it take so long to get through security in it LOL
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 9:08am
Bacau airport is definitely the worst in europe
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 8:58am
Singapore sky bar is hard to beat,too many to mention where you feel like log of sh*t on its journey to the treatment plant.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 8:48am
Best I've been in Schiphol Airport, Seoul Airport, Zurich Airport.

Worst Malaga Airport by far.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 6:57am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

If you're getting the National Express bus to Stansted from Golders Green you have to give yourself 2 or 3 extra buses because it's usually full up by the time it even gets there.
not many on here would know where Golders Green is, an absolute nightmare of a place!

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 07 Oct 2016 at 6:59am
de scientist View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote de scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2016 at 2:43am
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Anyone here ever have the misfortune of travelling through Bourgas airport in Bulgaria? An awful kip

Was in Varna,Bourgas & Sofia airports when we played there a few years back.
Cant say I remember a thing as I was polluted drunk arriving in all of them

Worst Airport:
Oslo Rygge,Beauvais
In fact all airports are sh*te

im the exact same, not a f**king notion of the place LOL
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 4:10pm
Stand stead is one efficient airport.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 4:01pm
If you're getting the National Express bus to Stansted from Golders Green you have to give yourself 2 or 3 extra buses because it's usually full up by the time it even gets there.
The dark side.. And the light
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Anyone here ever have the misfortune of travelling through Bourgas airport in Bulgaria? An awful kip

Was in Varna,Bourgas & Sofia airports when we played there a few years back.
Cant say I remember a thing as I was polluted drunk arriving in all of them

Worst Airport:
Oslo Rygge,Beauvais
In fact all airports are sh*te
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 3:47pm
Gatwick is grand, although the north terminal is much nicer than the south terminal, where the flights to Dublin go from. Very handy if you live around Clapham Junction. The only annoying thing about it now is they stick you on a bus off the flight from Dublin and bring you around to the arrivals hall so you don't need to go through passport control. Unfortunately, this takes a lot longer than when you were able to just give them your boarding pass to get through passport control.

If you live in north London, Gatwick is a pain in the hole to get to. If you live in South London, Stansted is a pain in the hole to get to.

You get what you pay for with the likes of Stansted or Luton, the flights are cheaper than Heathrow, London City or Gatwick but by the time you factor in the cost and time of getting out there, it's not really worth it unless you are a student or on a very tight budget. 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

You don't need the Gatwick Express.... it's too expensive and barely quicker than the trains to London Bridge and St Pancras. 33 minutes to Gatwick for £19.90 or 32 minutes to London Bridge for £10.30. Obvious choice really.

Luton is the worst though, especially with the poxy bus to the train station.

If cityjet isn't a decent price, then Birmingham is among the better options from London (even if it isn't a brilliant airport), if you are coming from Euston or anywhere in the North of London where you are coming via Euston. Advance train fares are so cheap there and it takes under an hour and a half, plus flights are much, much cheaper to Dublin. The total cost including transport to Birmingham is often much better than any of the London options.
Gatwick express is a tax on tourists, there are a few such in London. Have talked to people who worked for them in a pub and they openly admit it. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

Luton should be wiped off Gods earth including the airport

Vile place vile people

Fans of a certain Sarf Landan club tried to do that a number of years ago........
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 2:50pm
You don't need the Gatwick Express.... it's too expensive and barely quicker than the trains to London Bridge and St Pancras. 33 minutes to Gatwick for £19.90 or 32 minutes to London Bridge for £10.30. Obvious choice really.

Luton is the worst though, especially with the poxy bus to the train station.

If cityjet isn't a decent price, then Birmingham is among the better options from London (even if it isn't a brilliant airport), if you are coming from Euston or anywhere in the North of London where you are coming via Euston. Advance train fares are so cheap there and it takes under an hour and a half, plus flights are much, much cheaper to Dublin. The total cost including transport to Birmingham is often much better than any of the London options.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 2:46pm
Luton should be wiped off Gods earth including the airport

Vile place vile people
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by randyrandolph randyrandolph wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Luton is a sh*thole and £5.10 a pint of piss.

Alicante itself is a decent airport let down by some of the mongs going home from Benidorm to Burnley and Ballyfermot.

yep, agreed. terrible main bar... 

best thing about gatwick airport (apart from the nandos) is the small "london bar" upstairs. Punk IPA and a local sussex pale ale on tap. 

Dark Star? Gatwick is hell, the worst of the worst, an overpriced and awful quality chicken and chips won't save it. I recommend a trip to nearby Crawley, a beautiful place, even by English big town standards.

na, a lighter drop. i was just impressed to see a local pint on tap in what is essentially a sole-less existence of a shopping center. as i unfortunately have to fly very regularly, it's the small things that make the experience manageable. the surrounding area is actually very nice. within about half an hour you have some of my favouite english towns in the south downs. that rymed.

gatwick also has the gatwick express making it the only easily accessible london airport (bar heathrow - which isn't great either). 

Dark Star is a brewery, not a reflection of beer style or type. The Gatwick express is ridiculously overpriced so never used it. You say sole-less, I was fully convinced there was a few stores selling shoes there?
randyrandolph View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randyrandolph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Luton is a sh*thole and £5.10 a pint of piss.

Alicante itself is a decent airport let down by some of the mongs going home from Benidorm to Burnley and Ballyfermot.

yep, agreed. terrible main bar... 

best thing about gatwick airport (apart from the nandos) is the small "london bar" upstairs. Punk IPA and a local sussex pale ale on tap. 

Dark Star? Gatwick is hell, the worst of the worst, an overpriced and awful quality chicken and chips won't save it. I recommend a trip to nearby Crawley, a beautiful place, even by English big town standards.

na, a lighter drop. i was just impressed to see a local pint on tap in what is essentially a sole-less existence of a shopping center. as i unfortunately have to fly very regularly, it's the small things that make the experience manageable. the surrounding area is actually very nice. within about half an hour you have some of my favouite english towns in the south downs. that rymed.

gatwick also has the gatwick express making it the only easily accessible london airport (bar heathrow - which isn't great either). 

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Memmingen is a coont of a place to get to and its a shed.

German friend of mine is from Memmingen say it's easier for them to fly to Munich then Memmingen it's that bad LOL
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 2:29pm
Aren't all Airports overpriced?

Newcastle I paid £6.90 for a Burger King Happy Meal and in Palma I paid €7 for a Baguette chicken sandwich Angry 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic