Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM WISH LIST PG 19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 30>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Fair point sham,that wasn't 100% clear on my behalf.I have contacted Aviva Ireland and also separately The Aviva Stadium Management.

Neither Aviva Insurance Ireland have helped with promotion of the museum concept or even something as simple as providing an Insurance policy for the Museum.

The Aviva Stadium Management have also declined to help,promote or display any Irish football items in the Aviva Stadium.

Either way Aviva Ireland and the Aviva Stadium have shown zero interest thus far and ultimately that reflects back on the Aviva brand imo.

What? Why would Aviva give a flying f**k that you have  jerseys? This all feels a bit surreal, is it an elaborate wind up?

Why would Aviva care about Ireland beating the all blacks in a rugby match played in America? Why would Aviva care about an Irish soccer match played in France? Why would anyone even preserve any aspect of history? What's the point in museums in general?

All those questions are self explanatory, they are not in any way related. The sponsor of the home ground of both teams , tweeting about both teams is expected PR. What that has to do with museums in general, history or your front room is much harder to explain, for anyone outside your head at least.

Ok so stick with PR. The Aviva Stadium tour is a fantastic experience.When ever I visit a major stadium I love seeing its history. No matter the sport,no matter the team. The Aviva Stadium Tour would be much better if it incorporated the Aviva Museum showcasing some of the 118 year history of sport associated with Lansdowne Road.

They could advertise it,tweet it,instagram it,use it in promotional campaigns,advertising etc.The reason there isint one is because between the IRFU and the FAI they have no history to display.

I cant see how Aviva Insurance backing an Irish football display in the Aviva Stadium would seem surreal to anyone.If anything it sounds obvious.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Sponsored Links

irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 5:49pm
There's very little cost involved.The Aviva Stadium Tour is already in existence.The exhibits are all ready to be installed and at no cost to anyone.

I cant see why Aviva Ireland wouldn't want to improve the Aviva experience.As I said it is an addition and improvement to their flagship brand investment in Ireland.

I'm sure I Aviva Ireland contacted the FAI and IRFU and suggested it things might move quicker.Aviva support mini sevens rugby, junior soccer competitions so why not a Museum in the stadium that bears their name.

How much have Aviva Ireland spent on the naming rights? €25 million over ten years or something.

Maybe when the next naming rights are up for renewel we might get The AIG Museum in the AIG Stadium.

Edited by irelandshirts - 08 Nov 2016 at 5:52pm

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 5:54pm

Fair point sham,that wasn't 100% clear on my behalf.I have contacted Aviva Ireland and also separately The Aviva Stadium Management.

Neither Aviva Insurance Ireland have helped with promotion of the museum concept or even something as simple as providing an Insurance policy for the Museum.

The Aviva Stadium Management have also declined to help,promote or display any Irish football items in the Aviva Stadium.

Either way Aviva Ireland and the Aviva Stadium have shown zero interest thus far and ultimately that reflects back on the Aviva brand imo.

What? Why would Aviva give a flying f**k that you have  jerseys? This all feels a bit surreal, is it an elaborate wind up?

Why would Aviva care about Ireland beating the all blacks in a rugby match played in America? Why would Aviva care about an Irish soccer match played in France? Why would anyone even preserve any aspect of history? What's the point in museums in general?

All those questions are self explanatory, they are not in any way related. The sponsor of the home ground of both teams , tweeting about both teams is expected PR. What that has to do with museums in general, history or your front room is much harder to explain, for anyone outside your head at least.

Ok so stick with PR. The Aviva Stadium tour is a fantastic experience.When ever I visit a major stadium I love seeing its history. No matter the sport,no matter the team. The Aviva Stadium Tour would be much better if it incorporated the Aviva Museum showcasing some of the 118 year history of sport associated with Lansdowne Road.

They could advertise it,tweet it,instagram it,use it in promotional campaigns,advertising etc.The reason there isint one is because between the IRFU and the FAI they have no history to display.

I cant see how Aviva Insurance backing an Irish football display in the Aviva Stadium would seem surreal to anyone.If anything it sounds obvious.
Because tha Aviva stadium tour has got bugger all to do with Aviva the company. Aviva pay sponsorship money to have their name on the stadium, that is it. They do not run the stadium, they have no say on what goes on in the tour and apart from executive boxes and PR tweets, have no more to do with it. It is a simple business deal. The FAI and IRFU sought a sponsor and Aviva was the company they got the most money from, in return Aviva get their name used umpteen times a day in unusual places, such as this thread. They are not going to start telling the people who run the stadium what to do, what would be in it for them? How much more money do you think an insurance company would make if it started a campaign to house some lads jerseys there?  And how annoyed would the lads who run the stadium be, being told what to do with a sponsor? Don't think Aviva would want that either. It is all extremely simple. If you want your jerseys in the stadium contact the people who run the stadium and the FAi, if they aren't interested, then that is very much that.

Edited by pre Madonna - 08 Nov 2016 at 5:57pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 6:08pm
Id imagine that Aviva Ireland would be in contact with Aviva Stadium management to reflect any way they felt could better their brand exposure.

Again its very simple.The Aviva Stadium Museum is just another pr feature to maximize a brands exposure as they do with other parts of advertising and pr. Very little cost involved and Aviva or whomever the next naming rights sponsor is could use the museum how they wish.

And the best thing I all the irish shirts have no sponsor on them so wont be in conflict with other brands.

You need to get my front room and me out of your head PM and stop thinking of "some lads jerseys". I didn't wear them.Paul McGrath,Ray Treacy,Roy Keane and other Irish football greats did.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 6:21pm
Look buddy, I am sure you mean well and most of us would like some sort of Irish football collection in a stadium, be it Dalymount or Lansdowne, although I hope it would contain more than just jerseys, but you seem a bit out of touch, for want of a better phrase. Aviva, the company, will have no say in how the stadium is run. None. What they wanted out of it was the exposure of their name and the goodwill of being connected to sports, that is why they will have their name involved with youth sports. What is done inside the stadium will have absolutely no bearing on them and they have an even less bearing on it. It would make more sense if you contacted 3, who sponsor the jerseys, than Aviva! I don't know how much simpler I can make it for you.

I know well who wore them, what you have to realise is that although it is a passionate hobby for you,it isn't going to be on the list of priorities for anybody else, including the FAI. You will get some sympathy on here as it is another stick to beat JD with and, like I said, we would like to see some sort of collection of Irish football history somewhere , it isn't the be all and end all though.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 6:34pm

Look buddy, I am sure you mean well and most of us would like some sort of Irish football collection in a stadium, be it Dalymount or Lansdowne, although I hope it would contain more than just jerseys, but you seem a bit out of touch, for want of a better phrase. Aviva, the company, will have no say in how the stadium is run. None. What they wanted out of it was the exposure of their name and the goodwill of being connected to sports, that is why they will have their name involved with youth sports. What is done inside the stadium will have absolutely no bearing on them and they have an even less bearing on it. It would make more sense if you contacted 3, who sponsor the jerseys, than Aviva! I don't know how much simpler I can make it for you.

I know well who wore them, what you have to realise is that although it is a passionate hobby for you,it isn't going to be on the list of priorities for anybody else, including the FAI. You will get some sympathy on here as it is another stick to beat JD with and, like I said, we would like to see some sort of collection of Irish football history somewhere , it isn't the be all and end all though.

Its not the be all and end all for me.My family are.
All I'm looking to do is raise the awareness level amongst fans,the FAI,its corporate sponsors and any one who will listen that a Museum dedicated to ALL aspects of Irish football history is needed to preserve our history.

My interest is shirts,others in ireland have boots,other have huge collections of match tickets,programmes etc. Add in the exhibits that the FAI have in Abbotstown and in archives in UCD and you have a complete, ready to go Irish football Museum.

That's before you even approach the ex players and their families who will have precious items in their possession.Once a museum is up and running in sure all family members particularly of deceased players would love to see their loved ones contribution honoured in a museum.

Someone started all the other 200 museums in the country with a thought,wish,hobby or dream.For a sport that we are all so passionate about in this country I find it surreal no one else is acting to preserve our history or lobby for a museum.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 7:19pm
And fair play to you, I am just saying that not everybody is going to share your enthusiasm and that it is vital that you contact the right people in the right way if you want it to be done, if you are contacting an insurance company and expecting them to do something because they sponsor the stadium it will lead people to think, like I did, that it is some sort of wind up
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 8:02pm

And fair play to you, I am just saying that not everybody is going to share your enthusiasm and that it is vital that you contact the right people in the right way if you want it to be done, if you are contacting an insurance company and expecting them to do something because they sponsor the stadium it will lead people to think, like I did, that it is some sort of wind up

We will agree to differ PM but whom ever are announced as the new stadium naming rights holder il still be contacting them asking them to support an irish football museum.

Don't be getting wound up about this PM.its ok.👍

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 8:08pm

We will agree to differ PM but whom ever are announced as the new stadium naming rights holder il still be contacting them asking them to support an irish football museum.

Don't be getting wound up about this PM.its ok.👍

And I am just telling you they wouldn't be interested!
I can assure you that this is one of the few things I won't get interested, just thought you were taking the piss, or at least I was hoping!
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 8:11pm
We will see PM!!!If id listened to everyone's advice so far I wouldn't have even started so Il just keep going and see what happens.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 8:21pm
I thought the problem was it hadn't started!
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 8:37pm

I thought the problem was it hadn't started!

Its started all right.May have taken 14 years but i didnt expect any joy over night!!

Im just looking for a place to display it now!I loved that film 'Field of Dreams" was it with Kevin Costner where he turns a perfectly good farm into a base ball field to bring back an old baseball heroes ghost.

Maybe Il just convert the house into an actual museum!

Being an Irish fan is the perfect foil for trying to start an irish football museum.Dreams,hopes,dedication and more often than not it ends in disappointment!!!!

It started with one shirt in 2002 and now covers the entire history of our international football team from 1966 to 2016.

If one normal bloke can get this far on his own with no support imagine what a national museum with the backing and support of the FAI and a sponsor could achieve.

We are fast approaching the 100th Anniversary of the foundation of the FAI.It would be a fitting tribute to all who went before us in Green if a suitable tribute in the form of a Museum was in place by then.

"If you build it they will come".

Edited by irelandshirts - 08 Nov 2016 at 9:07pm

willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 9:22pm
I think Aviva's involvement here is negligible. The reason there isn't a comprehensive museum in the Aviva is because the IRFU and FAI concluded it would be more cost effective to rent out rooms for corporate events. You can question the motivation but they're probably correct in their financial conclusion.

As for a temporary display - perhaps LOI clubs would be a runner..?
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

I think Aviva's involvement here is negligible. The reason there isn't a comprehensive museum in the Aviva is because the IRFU and FAI concluded it would be more cost effective to rent out rooms for corporate events. You can question the motivation but they're probably correct in their financial conclusion.

As for a temporary display - perhaps LOI clubs would be a runner..?

When the stadium was being built they didn't have to set aside a huge area for a traditional museum.they could and still can with imagination incorporate display "stations" thru out the stadium at different points that follow the tour path. Again minimal cost but the effect would be incredible and transform the tour.

Of course finances have to be a very important consideration of a "working" stadium but a stadium, especially a new one has to have some soul to it. Without any of the history of Lansdowne Road in the actual stadium its a bit soul less.

I'm turning into f**kin jimmy rabbitte now!!!

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 7:35am
If Offaly has the Barack Obama Plaza petrol station them im calling first dibs on the Donald Trump Irish Football Museum.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 9:02am
It's up to the stadium management if they want a museum or not. The stadium will have contents insurance which would cover the jerseys if they got there. Can't see why Aviva are even needed here.

Would something like this not work out better as a temporary exhibition in some museum somewhere? They're all free to enter, better locations and have bucketloads of space for this stuff.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 9:10am
Why don't you run your own museum? Rent out an floor of a building?.

Charge people entrance fee should cover costs

Edited by lassassinblanc - 09 Nov 2016 at 9:11am
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

It's up to the stadium management if they want a museum or not. The stadium will have contents insurance which would cover the jerseys if they got there. Can't see why Aviva are even needed here.

Would something like this not work out better as a temporary exhibition in some museum somewhere? They're all free to enter, better locations and have bucketloads of space for this stuff.

Who do you think provides the Insurance cover for the Aviva Stadium? If its Zurich or Allianz id be shocked.Aviva Ireland as a sponsor of the FAI wouldn't give me insurance for the museum despite being an Aviva stadium season ticket holder and personally having multiple existing insurance policies with Aviva.

Who ever holds the naming rights for the Lansdowne Road stadium is going to have an interest or say, no matter how small in certain aspects of the stadium.That will certainly include branding.

You think AIG are going to pay €40 million euro and have no influence at all when it comes to rebranding the stadium after Aviva deal finishes?Really?

I cant see the difficulty in setting up display stations thru out the stadium that could feature the branding of the stadium sponsor.Again very little cost involved and just another positive piece of pr and marketing.

In terms of other Museums i have approached them all with little or no response in some cases. Surely the correct and most fitting place for a Museum feature is incorporating it into the National Stadium.

Croke Park have a fantastic Museum dedicated to the history of the GAA and im sure consideration was given to financial matters when it was decided to open a Museum in the stadium and look at it now. A stunning area that really captures the heart and soul of the stadium and the teams and players who graced the stadium.

Contrast that with the Aviva Stadium and it is soul less. Fully kitted out for UEFA/FIFA requirements but lacking any of the heritage of the games that bring people to the stadium in the first place.

Edited by irelandshirts - 09 Nov 2016 at 9:29am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 30>
  Share Topic