Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM WISH LIST PG 19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 9:25pm
Delighted to say that this iconic Irish goalkeepers shirt from the summer of 1990 will be part of the upcoming photography update.

Some great memories.

WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Sponsored Links

KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 10:52am
I’m assuming this is a fake because we only ever wore the Opel jersey in testimonials. Can anyone confirm? By fake, I mean not match worn, I assume it’s an actual Adidas jersey.

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 11:24am
i have that jersey. They Were sold in the shops at the time with the number and elbow padding. I see nothing there to confirm its an actual match worn and I dont recall them playing Internationals (friendlies) with the sponsored version. AFIK it is only unofficial games were a sponsored can be worn, eg Ireland XI v Celtic XI or LOI selects.
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 11:33am
Cheers. That’s what I thought. I found a video on YouTube of the game that proves the seller is a spoofer. 

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 11:38am
That was one of (if not) the last games that style (Euro88) was worn.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

i have that jersey. They Were sold in the shops at the time with the number and elbow padding. I see nothing there to confirm its an actual match worn and I dont recall them playing Internationals (friendlies) with the sponsored version. AFIK it is only unofficial games were a sponsored can be worn, eg Ireland XI v Celtic XI or LOI selects.
 If my memory serves me correct (these days it doesn't at much) but the Republic of Ireland played a Munster XI at turner's cross prior to playing at the finals. That said the jersey on eBay is probably a shop issue.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 5:52pm
The photography is just finished for the 2020 website update. Other items still to arrive so i am hoping to have the full revamp with 40 new items live by mid February.

Some great new pieces included.

Edited by irelandshirts - 25 Jan 2020 at 6:11pm

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

If my memory serves me correct (these days it doesn't at much) but the Republic of Ireland played a Munster XI at turner's cross prior to playing at the finals. That said the jersey on eBay is probably a shop issue.

The game happened but before Euro88.  3-1 win I think incl an Aldo goal and one from Niall Quinn.

I'll let the experts confirm but the shirt is almost certainly a fake (replica sold as matchworn) along with loads of others on ebay.  
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 6:11pm

Edited by irelandshirts - 25 Jan 2020 at 6:11pm

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 7:54pm
The National Football Exhibition 2020 is now underway in Dundalk for the next few weeks.

My sincere thanks to former Ireland striker & current interim CEO Mr Niall Quinn for his surprise donation at the launch night on the 13th February to the "James Nolan Collection" of his Irish jersey & shorts he wore v England in Euro 88 & his Ireland shirt he wore v Holland at World Cup 1990.

The Exhibition will then go to Galway & finish back in Dublin during the Euro 2020 group games in Dublin.

Hopefully the momentum from the exhibition can lead to something more permanent for our history before the Centenary of the FAI in 2021.

And lads on here sl*gging me about old shorts!!!😂

Edited by irelandshirts - 15 Feb 2020 at 8:23pm

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 7:50pm
Yep read about the Galway visit and am really looking forward to see it Clap
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 5:03pm
Eddie, got sent this pic of the Italy 1990 squad wearing kits from the other teams who qualified. You shed any light on that Ireland shirt? Obviously one of the prototypes but I've not seen that one. Cracking top.

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 5:07pm
Not 100% on this but it was changed from the polo shirt type to v neck as players were worried about the heat. The v neck game them more freedom.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 6:20pm
Looks suspiciously like the Northern Ireland kit from 82

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2020 at 6:23pm
Some belters in there.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Some belters in there.
1986-95 were the golden age of football jerseys imo
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Some belters in there.
1986-95 were the golden age of football jerseys imo
Definitely. Every Jersey I want is from that era  
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Not 100% on this but it was changed from the polo shirt type to v neck as players were worried about the heat. The v neck game them more freedom.

Cheers. Figured it was a concept jersey so that would make sense. One of the concept shirts was so popular they ended to releasing it for sale, the Germany style one. Think Cork wore the away one for a season as well with the home one as their away kit

Anyone know if Eddie has one of those with the collar? Would be a savage one to have. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930>
  Share Topic