You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM WISH LIST PG 19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 30>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

No feelings hurt, I just believe the term you were looking for was 'looking forward' to.
You definitely wont be buzzing at this:

Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Looks good will defiantly give it a visit 
Sponsored Links

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 5:41pm
National Football Exhibition, Sunday, December 2 to Sunday, December 9, 11am-7pm, The Printworks, Dublin Castle

From FAI.ie 
Hoping to get along 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

No feelings hurt, I just believe the term you were looking for was 'looking forward' to.
You definitely wont be buzzing at this:

Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Looks good will defiantly give it a visit 
Maybe his missus doesn't want him to go?
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 8:52pm
Free entry in The Printworks in Dublin Castle.

The exhibition then over the course of the next 18 months or so will visit 9 different locations around the country before coming back to Dublin for the Euro 2020 group games.

It is the first exhibition of its kind to feature the history of the Irish team as well as the game in general in this country & hopefully as I said it can act as the first step towards a bricks & mortar permanent fit for purpose museum dedicated to the history of the game in this country.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 9:28pm
Great to see this get publicity on the RTE news. I'll definitely pop along myself over the next week.

Well done Eddie! Your hard work has paid off
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 10:18am
A very emotional night for me last night at the launch of the National Football Exhibition in Dublin Castle.

It seems a lifetime ago in 2002 I had one Irish jersey & a dream that one day in Ireland we would have a fit for purpose museum dedicated to the history of the game & its impact on all areas of the country over the last 100 years.

Irelandsoccershirts.com has just been a vehicle to drive the debate around the subject & show what is possible with some imagination & belief. This has not nor ever will be a commercial venture for myself personally & I have never earned a cent out of the project.

I know now that between myself, private individuals, former players & their families & the FAI along with the archive collection in UCD that the full content of an Irish soccer museum is in place.

We now need to find a permanent fit for purpose building & the support of Dublin City Council to make this a reality.

Last night was another step on the journey. James Nolan's parents Jimmy & Essie were guests at the event last night & I am so happy that James is remembered in the NFE app along with actual exhibits in the exhibition.

Jimmy & Essie are extremely honoured & proud that 6 years after his tragic passing that their son James is still very much part of the team that he loved to support.

Their support to me has been incredible & an inspiration to me to keep going.As a parent myself I don't know where they get their strength from. They love their son & it was just a really special evening last night with them as they know that Irish fans still hold James in our thoughts.

My sincere thanks to everyone on YBIG & beyond for your support with the website, photography, sourcing items, getting them signed, the book etc.

I hope Irish fans will come out & support the exhibition in Dublin & in the 7 other locations around the country over the next 18 months or so.

I honestly believe that if we build it, they will come. 🇮🇪⚽💚

Eddie. #YBIG

GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 10:22am
Great stuff
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 12:26pm
Super it really is , did laugh when i saw Eddie on the box last night sort face to the name thing . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 3:25pm
Have given stick in past but that looks class.

My dads going up to Dublin during the week to see it! 

Outside chance I’ll be able to see it tomorrow. If I don’t, what are the 9 locations it’s going to? 

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 5:33pm
Was at it today . Great work Eddie . I’d say that only the tip of the iceberg of your collection they have on show
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 5:41pm
How long is it in Dublin Castle for Eddie? 
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 7:29pm
Eddie 
Got in to see it today. Well done.
Have to say the FAI cup looks great. 
 thought the loi part is back from the main section.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 8:57pm
The exhibition is open in Dublin Castle until the 9th December.

All the list of future venues and dates and general information as well as the audio tour of the exhibition can be found on the National Football Exhibition app.

It really is just a sample of some of our history. I could fill the Printworks alone with just the actual Irish shirts from 1965 on.

My hope would be that for the Centenary of the FAI in 2021 we could have a much bigger exhibition that would allow more actual items of memorabilia to be displayed.

This exhibition is in partnership with Uefa 2020 so the focus is on European areas but a stand alone FAI exhibition could feature everything including LOI so it's something to work towards.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2019 at 5:03pm
The National Football Exhibition #NFE2020 has just finished up the Cork leg of its journey around the country.

The next stop is Limerick in June 2019 with the dates to be confirmed.

For the last number of years i have been working on finding either one home or a few homes for the "James Nolan Collection". The collection is still growing and i hope to have another photography update in June 2019 with the new additions.

As i type some items from the "James Nolan Collection" are on display in the Croke Park Museum and others are in the National Football Exhibition until at least the summer of 2020.

After many years of annoying them ( in a nice way no tennis balls were thrown!!) i am delighted to say that the Aviva Stadium has nearly completed a revamp of their stadium tour which will open to the public again in mid April 2019.

Included now for the first time will be historic items from both the history of Irish rugby and Irish football from the stadiums famous past.

I am delighted to say that the area featuring the FAI items will have James Nolans name associated with it as most of the items come from the collection bearing his name and are hopefully now going to be on public display for many years to come.

I know James & Essie and the rest of the Nolan family are delighted that Jame's name will be remembered in the stadium where he loved to support his team.

Hopefully with the centenary of the FAI coming in 2021 there is still a chance that a dedicated Irish football museum could be opened somewhere in Ireland.

You have to dream big as an Irish fan!!!

#YBIG

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 11:01am

The 2019 Museum photography update should be live by early December.

Some great new additions to the archive including lots of incredible Irish goalkeepers shirts from the past.

Realistically I think there are 4 more Irish kit styles I would like to add to the archive before the Centenary in 2021 and they are shown in this thread on Page 19.

The response for help to secure some of the recent additions has been incredible. From players, their families & Irish fans.

Hopefully by 2021 our entire shirt history in as much as is possible will be complete and preserved together for future generations to enjoy & be inspired by.

Ultimately it would be nice to find a suitable permanent home for all these objects.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 11:07am
Photographs of the jerseys on display? I would be more interested in photographs of the photographs of the jerseys, is there any chance of that?
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 9:49am

The Classic Football shirts website have a pop up store in South Anne St at the moment. I picked up some nice old Leeds gear yesterday
El Puto Amo
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2019 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

The Classic Football shirts website have a pop up store in South Anne St at the moment. I picked up some nice old Leeds gear yesterday
Fair play MC , good for starting the fire at home Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 30>
  Share Topic