Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM WISH LIST PG 19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 30>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 1:44pm
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 2:22pm
Thumbs Up

Good listen, fair play,

I suppose the reaction to seeing the jerseys show you the good and bad to the idea of the museum, Nicky a genuine football fanatic was bringing up games and memories left right and center while the  co host (not sure of her name) commented how stylish they were LOL

I still find it unbelievable that there isn't a joint museum in the stadium  
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Thumbs Up

Good listen, fair play,

I suppose the reaction to seeing the jerseys show you the good and bad to the idea of the museum, Nicky a genuine football fanatic was bringing up games and memories left right and center while the  co host (not sure of her name) commented how stylish they were LOL

I still find it unbelievable that there isn't a joint museum in the stadium  
 It would certainly be very interesting but I`m not sure it`d be appropriate.

I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 5:37pm
I haven't had a spliff in ages. I think I'd like one now.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 11:11pm
Three Irelands new ad campaign #thecallup featuring Robbie Keane talking about going from a fan,to a player and now back to being a fan.

Shot on location in the Aviva Stadium dressing room and all the Irish shirts that feature in the ad come from irelandsoccershirts.com

Its a shame only two minutes of footage are shown because Robbie became quite emotional when talking about his last appearance.Inspiring stuff.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1f2HrAZQAuY

Edited by irelandshirts - 22 Mar 2017 at 11:11pm

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 8:01pm

Edited by irelandshirts - 04 Nov 2019 at 5:02pm

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 5:38pm

*** WANTED WISH LIST ****

JUNE 2020:

As it currently stands the entire history of the FAI from 1966 to 2019 is pretty much complete.

The last 3 unique shirt styles that i would like to add to fully complete the Irish shirt history from 1966 to present day are as follows:

(1) Turkey v Ireland       1976   
                      O Neills/Green

(2) Brazil v Ireland       1974
                      Althea/ Green

(3) France v Ireland       1973
                     Adidas/Green

All the above shirt styles were worn only once by the Irish Senior team in these fixtures afaik.IF these shirts can be sourced then I am confident that between myself and the FAI the shirt history of the Association will be as complete as it can be.

If anyone can help please get in touch to irelandsoccershirts@gmail.com

*** WANTED WISH LIST***

Edited by irelandshirts - 08 Jun 2020 at 3:21pm

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 1:00pm
Matt Hollands full Louis Copeland suit and Mark Kinsella Oliver Sweeney of London shoes with bespoke Tricolor that were specially made for the the Irish players and they wore these items as their Official World Cup 2002 Tournament wear to Japan and Korea and at the Phoenix Park on their return from the Tournament.

All part of the 2017 update to the Museum due very shortly. My sincere thanks to Matt Holland and Mark Kinsella for their help and support with helping to finish this exhibit.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 1:10pm
Sign of the fashion at the time. Absolute state of those shoes. Think i had a pair of them in 1st year LOL Pod Cool

Edited by McG - 12 Apr 2017 at 1:10pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2017 at 1:38pm
Really honored to include this LA Galaxy shirt in the Museum that has kindly been donated by Jimmy and Essie Nolan, the parents of the late James Nolan from Blessington.

It will feature prominently in the Website update.

The Museum project, as long as i am involved with it will continue to be dedicated to James memory. Part of my campaign includes that any potential future Museum to Irish football would also be officially dedicated to James so that his name and memory will live on.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 4:08pm
Every now and again a really historic and unique Irish football shirt is secured. This shirt will feature in the official 2017 website update that i hope to have fully completed in next week to 10 days, but in the mean time!!

David "Ned" Kelly's Ireland number 10 home long sleeved adidas shirt that he wore on the 10th November 1987 at Dalymount Park v Isreal.

A few things that make this shirt such a great addition is that this kit style was only ever worn by the Senior team just once, in this fixture.The match was also Kellys Senior International debut for Ireland and to top that he became the first ever Irish International to score a hat trick on his debut and one of only a handful of players EVER to score three + goals on their International debut.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 12:50pm
Doing a little segment for independent.ie today about the Umbro kit years from 1994-2017.Below is an example of every single outfield players kit style since 1994 and as many of the goalkeepers shirts as I could fit into the picture!Some great kits over the years and great memories.

irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 4:22pm
Seen the clip today on the Indo website today very nice Thumbs Up My God the Euro 2012 Home Jersey must be the worst we've ever had poison Thumbs Down apart from that I think Umbro did a fine job. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Seen the clip today on the Indo website today very nice Thumbs Up My God the Euro 2012 Home Jersey must be the worst we've ever had poison Thumbs Down apart from that I think Umbro did a fine job. 

I guarantee you if James mcclean scored the only goal in a 1-0 win v Spain at euro 2012 that shirt would be looked at in a different light.The performance/results of the team impact on how the shirt style they wore is remembered.Any bad kits from 1987-94? Not many as we had 2 world cups and a euros.The 1985 shirts are arguably amongst our nicest ever but have faded from memory.

irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

I guarantee you if James mcclean scored the only goal in a 1-0 win v Spain at euro 2012 that shirt would be looked at in a different light.The performance/results of the team impact on how the shirt style they wore is remembered.Any bad kits from 1987-94? Not many as we had 2 world cups and a euros.The 1985 shirts are arguably amongst our nicest ever but have faded from memory.

I didn't really look at the performances in regard to the shirt think it was awful before a ball was kicked at the Euros reminds me of an Old North of Ireland jersey the night we played them in 1993 judging from old Clips. My favourite of the Umbro era was the number 7 in your collection there If I can remember correctly Louis Copeland was involved in the making of it Clap.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 9:15am
I'll be chatting with Dermot & Dave on Today FM about 10.30am this morning about the hopes for an Ireland football Museum ever becoming a reality.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 2:42pm
http://www.todayfm.com/DermotandDave/podcasts/72483/Irish-Football-Fan-Who-Has-150-Irish-Jersey-Collection

A brief chat with Dermot and Dave about why an Irish football museum should become a reality.

Edited by irelandshirts - 01 Jun 2017 at 2:43pm

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 11:18am
Sundays game v Austria sees the last time that the Irish team will wear an Umbro shirt.Since 1994 v Northern Ireland the Senior team have worn 30 unique different Umbro kit styles on the field in a kit sponsorship deal that covered 23 years(one of the longest Association/Kit supplier deals in international football history)with qualification for 3 major tournament finals and countless memories along the way.

On my Twitter account @IRELANDSOCSHIRT I've taken a trip back in time to revisit every single Umbro kit we have worn since 1994.Some beautiful shirts,some contentious ones and some iconic ones.

Its been some journey. #YBIG

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 30>
  Share Topic