You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM WISH LIST PG 19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 30>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 8:15pm
Good luck with it Eddie . Personally I find it fascinating looking at the old match worn jerseys . Always enjoy seeing the updates I had many of the jerseys down the years . Keep plugging away
Sponsored Links

irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 10:25am
I don't know how many Irish fans were at the match in Moscow in 1985?300? I dont think the game was televised here in Ireland either so a huge amount of Irish fans may never have even seen this shirt that Ronnie Whelan wore on the night.It was only ever worn once in this match and very few replica versions of it were ever made.

Ireland played 8 matches in qualification campaign for Mexico 1986 and we wore 8 different kits.Imagine Umbro trying to get away with that.Most of the shirt styles were only worn for one game and very few if any replica versions even survive to this day.

WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 10:33am
One of the 8 unique Ireland shirt styles from 84/85 was worn v Norway away in Oslo in 1984.This shirt was donated to the Angolan Bakery Company by ex Norwegian International footballer Arne Larson Okland who swapped shirts with Liverpools Michael Robinson after the match.

Not too many replica versions if any exist of this shirt and about 8 minutes of grainy 1980s quality Norwegian tv footage is about all that is left of this game.

Of the 8 different oneills shirts from 84/85 the only one outstanding to add to the "museum" is the white shirt worn away to Switzerland which I am working on.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 12:03pm
Actually one thing which i'm not sure anyone has ever pointed out, Maybe it's just me but a jersey signed To Eddie kind of takes away the value of it to be displayed in a museum does it not?
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Actually one thing which i'm not sure anyone has ever pointed out, Maybe it's just me but a jersey signed To Eddie kind of takes away the value of it to be displayed in a museum does it not?

Fair point doesnt probable add much vaule to it either id say
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 12:08pm
So O'Neills brought out a jersey for every match during 1 campaign? 
And to think so people complain about Umbro bringing out a jersey every 12/15 months.
The dark side.. And the light
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 12:28pm

Footballers signatures ate generally rushed,smudged or on a shoulder sleeve!!All the shirts I get signed are done by me contacting the player first to explain what I'm doing and then arranging a private signing.

Many players wont sign a player shirt without a dedication on it.This could reduce its monetary value but its not about their cash value to me.

If Liam Brady wants to add "Eddie" to his signature on his shirt then that's ok.Not all shirts are signed to Eddie by Liam Brady either.

When a player donates a shirt like the Norway 1984 shirt and the man asks will he sign it for me then again if he wants to add Eddie to it I'm not going to give out.The home Norway 85 shirt he donated he didn't sign so its swings and roundabouts.

Nearly every single item is signed perfectly with no smudging etc so as far as I'm concerned once I get a perfect signature on the shirt I'm happy.

I'm meeting Ronnie Whelan before the wales game to get his Russia shirt signed.Again he is obliging me so I'm happy just to get the item signed.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Fair point doesnt probable add much vaule to it either id say

Again not about the monetary value.I personally prefer to see a shirt completed with a relevant signature.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

And to think so people complain about Umbro bringing out a jersey every 12/15 months.

For every single game of the campaign in 1984 & 1985 I believe that o neills issued a unique shirt for every game.At least three different crests and variations of away shirts meant that the 8 shirts are all different.

In fairness I dont believe many if any replica shirts were made for the public so bar maybe one so its not like the shops were flooded with new kits.

greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Replica shirts were not sold in those days, in the way they are today.

I would doubt very much if any replica shirts were ever made available to purchase.
I know nothing :-)
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 12:53pm
A 6 year old "IrelandShirts" proudly wearing my 1984 replica white away long sleeved Ireland jersey!!!!

I was afflicted from an early age.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 1:09pm

Just call the museum "Eddie" and you're sorted Thumbs Up
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Just call the museum "Eddie" and you're sorted Thumbs Up

Reminds me of the classic only fools where they "kidnap" a young arab guy in Calais and bring him back to pechkham..... "GARY"😂

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 1:21pm
Can picture people walking around the museum thinking "who the f**k is eddie?"

"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 1:52pm
😂

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

My exact thoughts

LOL
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 2:01pm
Just before this grows legs the entire 140+ items are signed.

Only 10% have the word "Eddie" on them and these are mostly items donated by players themselves.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 30>
  Share Topic