You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM WISH LIST PG 19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 30>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 1:34pm

Sponsored Links

irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2016 at 1:42pm
That's the one depechemode.What a pure belter of an Irish shirt.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 8:15am
If any Museums or a business wants to use the Museum for a temporary or permanent display they are more than welcome. There is no charge for this as I just want to get some public display started to increase awareness of the potential in a National Football Museum in the country.

Irelandsoccershirts@gmail.com

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 2:58pm
Have you ever contacted the GAA museum about a possible display on perhaps, GAA players that played for Ireland, Kevin Moran, Shane Long etc.

Also might be worth emailing the OPW with a proposal.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by fear-glas fear-glas wrote:

Have you ever contacted the GAA museum about a possible display on perhaps, GAA players that played for Ireland, Kevin Moran, Shane Long etc.

Also might be worth emailing the OPW with a proposal.

I have contacted the GAA Museum. Of course there is the GAA players who played for Ireland and also the fact that the Irish team played Soccer matches in Croke park in a historical wat when LR was re developed so we see what happens.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 12:12pm
Nike US Cup 1992. Steve Staunton and Gerry Peytons shirts from the game v Italy.

RayHoughton View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayHoughton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 4:27pm
In the aviva they have photos from classic moments mounted at premium level . I would replace them with signed jerseys if it was up to me
George 'The Baggio brothers, of course, are not related' Hamilton

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by RayHoughton RayHoughton wrote:

In the aviva they have photos from classic moments mounted at premium level . I would replace them with signed jerseys if it was up to me

How simple,easy,cheap and effective that could be.incorporate them into the tour route in the stadium.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 1:29pm
The collection at irelandsoccershirts.com covers nearly every single style of shirt worn by the Irish Senior International team from 1966 to 2016 covering every major tournament and includes a huge collection of Irish goalkeepers shirts to match the outfield collection and includes tracksuits,dress suits,pennants,gloves,boots,balls etc.

I am looking for a suitable home for these items. The FAI or Aviva Stadium does not want them. I am not looking for any money or anything in return. If anyone is interested please contact me direct:

irelandsoccershirts@gmail.com

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 1:49pm
The whats ypur intentions of this new home Eddie? All go together? Id love somemof them shirts ut simply couldnt take them all
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

The whats ypur intentions of this new home Eddie? All go together? Id love somemof them shirts ut simply couldnt take them all

Ideally sham that maybe a museum would take them on display,or a business say like Carols Gift store and set up a museum feature the same way Newbridge have a museum of style icons.Maybe the Aviva Stadium could integrate them into part of their stadium tour.Croke Park have a fine museum so do Munster Rugby in Thomand Park.
Maybe a shopping centre with dead space could use them as an attraction to get people into their centre,a portable museum with help from Aviva travelling around secondary schools informing transition year pupils about road safety thru the message of football.the fai sending a portable museum to every schoolboy club in the country inspiring young players.

The national training centre in Abbotstown to inspire youth international players just like the French fa do at their centre of excellence in Clairefontaine....

Loads can be done.Just a bit of imagination required.

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Ideally sham that maybe a museum would take them on display,or a business say like Carols Gift store and set up a museum feature the same way Newbridge have a museum of style icons.Maybe the Aviva Stadium could integrate them into part of their stadium tour.Croke Park have a fine museum so do Munster Rugby in Thomand Park.
Maybe a shopping centre with dead space could use them as an attraction to get people into their centre,a portable museum with help from Aviva travelling around secondary schools informing transition year pupils about road safety thru the message of football.the fai sending a portable museum to every schoolboy club in the country inspiring young players.

The national training centre in Abbotstown to inspire youth international players just like the French fa do at their centre of excellence in Clairefontaine....

Loads can be done.Just a bit of imagination required.
be a shame to split it up alright. Hopefully somebody can give it a home.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 4:37pm
I know it won't be for another couple of years but what about in the redeveloped Dalymount Park?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I know it won't be for another couple of years but what about in the redeveloped Dalymount Park?

I've been onto Dublin city council about it as well as the FAI.ideally Dalymount park is the perfect location it again just needs a bit of imagination in how its done.

Peter Stöger View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

I am Wah.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Stöger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I've been onto Dublin city council about it as well as the FAI.ideally Dalymount park is the perfect location it again just needs a bit of imagination in how its done.

It would be the obvious place yeah. But good luck with DCC and imagination together Cry
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2016 at 8:26pm
Didn't know what thread to post on, so this seemed the most appropriate.

I'm wondering where I can get a hold of the Pink Ireland top we wore before Norway in 2010? I don't know if it was available at the time for purchase. it was in aid of the Irish Cancer society.

If anyone knows give me a shout.

thanks lads
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 2:20pm
The Aviva Stadium has declined to display any items from the Museum which i offered to them totally free of charge, saying that "as the stadium is jointly owned by the FAI and IRFU that any displays have to be balanced between both codes"

There is something really soul less about a stadium that has none of its own history on display in it. Aviva label themselves as "proud sponsors" of Irish football and rugby but yet go to more trouble to house Santa every year in the Aviva Stadium than to house/display the history of the actual players and teams that played in the Stadium itself.

The FAI and IRFU were very short sighted into not incorporating their history into the fabric of the new stadium. Probably because they had neglected to preserve any of their own history themselves in the first place.

So if anyone knows IRELANDRUGBYSHIRTS.COM can you ask them to get onto the Aviva Stadium and call their bluff!!!

Edited by irelandshirts - 08 Nov 2016 at 2:55pm

greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2016 at 2:25pm
That really is unbelievable, the amount of history in that collection is amazing.
SAD....Ouch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 30>
  Share Topic