Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM WISH LIST PG 19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 30>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM WISH LIST PG 19
    Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 12:09pm
This NOT FOR PROFIT Irish Football "Museum" is dedicated to the memory of James Nolan from Blessington who sadly passed away in Poland in 2012 supporting the Irish team.

The "Museum" features nearly every style of shirt worn by the Irish Senior International Team since 1966.

More items to be added as i can,so it is not fully complete yet.

*******THE MAIN AIM OF THE WEBSITE IS TO CAMPAIGN AND RAISE AWARENESS FOR THE NEED FOR A NATIONAL FOOTBALL MUSEUM IN IRELAND TO SECURE,PRESERVE AND PUBLICALLY DISPLAY RELICS FROM OUR PROUD INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALLING HISTORY AND TO HONOUR OUR PAST FOOTBALLING HEROES AND INSPIRE OUR FUTURE ONES.********

The new site should be easier to look thru and alot of effort has gone into the images and also into getting nearly all of the items signed, so i hope everyone likes it.

Thanks to all on YBIG that have helped thru out the years.I am still hoping by 2021,the Centenary of the foundation of the FAI to secure our full history of shirts from 1921.

Hopefully a National Football Museum will be created and people will be able to see these and other historical items from the FAI, UCD archives, private collections and ex International players and their families in person.

********APRIL 2019 THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL EXHIBITION IN CONJUNCTION WITH UEFA & THE FAI IS NOW TOURING THE COUNTRY UNTIL 2020 WITH ITEMS FROM THE "JAMES NOLAN COLLECTION" FEATURED IN IT.

THE NEXT EXHIBITION DATES/LOCATIONS ARE:

LIMERICK      JUNE 2019
WATERFORD     AUGUST 2019
DONEGAL       SEPTEMBER 2019
DUNDALK       FEBRUARY 2020
GALWAY        TBC
DUBLIN        JUNE 2021

WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Twitter @irelandsocshirt        instagram     irelandsoccershirts

Liam Bradys shirt v Wales in 1986. Jack Charltons first game as Irish Manager and Brady was Captain.

Edited by irelandshirts - 08 Jun 2020 at 3:19pm

Sponsored Links

irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 2:58pm
Ireland 1987 signed by Liam Brady. A YBIG favorite kit style.

shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 3:11pm
Looks great! well done on all the hard work! 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 3:13pm

Edited by irelandshirts - 14 Oct 2016 at 12:58pm

RayHoughton View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayHoughton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 3:22pm
Thumbs Up Great stuff. Really like the jerseys from 1965 .
George 'The Baggio brothers, of course, are not related' Hamilton

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 3:29pm

Edited by irelandshirts - 27 Oct 2016 at 12:06pm

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 3:40pm

Edited by irelandshirts - 27 Oct 2016 at 12:06pm

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 3:55pm
The Easter Rising of 1916 was commemorated by the FAI in 2016 with the addition of the States Official Logo added to the shirt for the fixture v Switzerland. Imo the 2016 home and away shirts are certainly our nicest "pair" since 1990.

Wes Hoolahan v Switzerland.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 4:33pm
In a recent YBIG Poll Irelands 1990 away shirt came very close to being voted our favourite ever jersey and besides being a lovely kit for those of us lucky to have been around back then they were incredible days to be an Irish person.

Paul McGrath v Holland 1990 World Cup

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 4:47pm
For many Irish fans it is our home Euro 1988 shirt that stands out in peoples minds as our most iconic kit style.And it is hard to disagree with that.

Liam O Brien v Holland Euro 1988

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

The Easter Rising of 1916 was commemorated by the FAI in 2016 with the addition of the States Official Logo added to the shirt for the fixture v Switzerland. Imo the 2016 home and away shirts are certainly our nicest "pair" since 1990.

Wes Hoolahan v Switzerland.

Wes is an awful skinny f**ker  LOL
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 4:55pm
Before the "good times" came along many great Irish players gave so much to the cause without getting the rewards either on the field or financially like the current generation has.Many have slipped from memory altogether which is a shame as they deserve to be remembered for their contribution.

Ray Treacy Ireland 1963

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 5:10pm
And it wasnt just the players that gave so much and also just didnt get over the line to qualify for Tournament there was also the Managers, some who were a success, some who were not and others that split opinions!! Either way they all deserve to be remembered. RIP Liam Touhy.

Ever Irish Managers signature.

Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 7:20pm
Some effort in getting a of those jerseys. Envious of many! But hats off to you
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 10:23pm
Brilliant work Irelandshirts Clap So many cracking jerseys there that bring back so many good memories. Keep up the good work Thumbs Up
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 8:08am

Edited by irelandshirts - 14 Oct 2016 at 12:05pm

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 10:39am
Not all aspects of our footballing history is nice to revisit but it is still important to be remembered and understood so as it never happens again.

Mick McCarthy Saipan 2002.

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 10:52am
There's always two sides to every story in a civil war.In 2002 the nation was split between pro or anti Roy Keane or Mick McCarthy.An ugly part of our history.

My sincere thanks to Roy Keane for signing his Ireland shirt that "never was" for the Museum.The scariest and funniest autograph I've ever received!

Roy Keane World Cup 2002.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 30>
  Share Topic