You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAA Football 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 78>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 8:43pm
They do but would be great if ****s like Spillane were f**king consistent about stuff like this.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:13pm
Think it is going to be a bit of a blessing in disguise that Connolly is banned as some of the more cynical teams will not have an outright target now, he was always walking a tightrope as it was with his disiplinary record 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Think it is going to be a bit of a blessing in disguise that Connolly is banned as some of the more cynical teams will not have an outright target now, he was always walking a tightrope as it was with his disiplinary record 

Correct. Be interesting to see if he's even brought back in after the suspension if they make the semis. Jim might not want to upset the balance if the team is working well.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Dublin blanking he media is a bit of sour grapes from them . Connolly got the ban as set out in the rules. Didn't think Gavin would be into this

Not blanking the media only broadcast media. Only for this game as well. Not sour grapes either. Connolly was wrong to do what he did but no way would that have been blown up like it was by Spillane if it had of been anyone else.

Connolly is box office what do you expect? Of course he will be highlighted far more than say Brendan Murphy from Carlow who yet again got sent off today.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 11:09pm

Dublin blanking he media is a bit of sour grapes from them . Connolly got the ban as set out in the rules. Didn't think Gavin would be into this

Not blanking the media only broadcast media. Only for this game as well. Not sour grapes either. Connolly was wrong to do what he did but no way would that have been blown up like it was by Spillane if it had of been anyone else.

Yea Spillane was at it fair enough but he's pretty much out for anyone but Kerry . But regardless of that he got the ban as per the rule book sure remember galvin got 46 weeks for slapping a not book out of a ref and . So I'm just surprised by the not giving interviews today . I would have thought Dublin and Gavin's attitude would have to just get on with it .
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 11:15pm

Correct. Be interesting to see if he's even brought back in after the suspension if they make the semis. Jim might not want to upset the balance if the team is working well.

I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't seen for the rest of the year considering it was him personally that appealed the suspension and not Dublin. As DD say he's become a liability with his disciplinary record and I'd say Jim is probably not overly fussed as he as plenty of options at disposal
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 11:18pm

I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't seen for the rest of the year considering it was him personally that appealed the suspension and not Dublin. As DD say he's become a liability with his disciplinary record and I'd say Jim is probably not overly fussed as he as plenty of options at disposal

Not a hope will Dermo not be involved if the Dubs get to the All Ireland semi final.

He'll probably be brought on off the bench as punishment but with all due respect he is one of the best players in the country, he will always play when fit simple as that. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 12:31am
Ah yes an RTÉ boycott, welcome to the party Dublin, you are very much welcome
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 12:45am
Lambs for slaughter, Dublin's subs outscored Westmeath today. Frightening that there was no Philly Mcmahon, Paul Flynn, Connolly or MDma even involved.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 8:58am
Few interesting games in the draw for round 2B of the qualifiers

Wexford v Monaghan

Westmeath v Armagh

Carlow v Leitrim

Cavan v Tipperary
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 11:09am
Awful dark day for Westmeath yesterday. Cribben and players coming in for serious criticism. In past few years Westmeath have beaten Kildare, Meath, Offaly, Wexford in championship. None powerhouses I admit but Id take that every year. They have been well beaten by the Dubs. The chat around Westmeath coming into this was ' ya may aswell get beaten by 30 points and have a go as be beaten by 10 points'. That was a very common feeling this week.  Look how that has turned out. Most of the players wont even want to see each other for rest of the summer after this humiliation. Theyl want anything but playing county football.
Last year we were level with Mayo with 10 minutes to go in the qualifiers in Croke Park. They weren't doing a whole lot wrong. Its sad but there really is no hope or point to playing Dublin. They have emphatically destroyed Westmeath football for years. Who wil want to try this again next year ?
As it is some of the best players in the county aren't bothered to play. Its not the lads on the pitch yesterday that are to blame. Demoralising as f**k.

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Poor enough game. Delighted Down finished with the last score as they were under the cosh and Monaghan should have levelled it. Westmeath will stay with the dubs for 40 mins or so. Kildare on the otherhand will give them a scare. And if they can keep the widecount to 6 or 7 who knows.

what was so poor about it?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Poor enough game. Delighted Down finished with the last score as they were under the cosh and Monaghan should have levelled it. Westmeath will stay with the dubs for 40 mins or so. Kildare on the otherhand will give them a scare. And if they can keep the widecount to 6 or 7 who knows.

what was so poor about it?

+1 I thought it was a great game. One of the better ones in the championship so far

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 3:21pm
Yeah, Down Monaghan was a good game. Now, there were lulls in the game, and Down did play a blanket defence, happy to let Monaghan have the ball outside the 45, but it was still a good spectacle.
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 7:35pm
Fair play to down. Love if they could beat Tyrone. Our lads got bullied all over the pitch and thought it was just a matter of turning up.
Wexford away for us now against the banty who would love to bury us and will have the Wexford lads fired up. Hopefully Saturday was the kick up the hole we needed but in reality we haven't played well since the Dublin game in the league.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 9:59pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 10:03pm
Who the f**k is that?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2017 at 10:08pm
Fairly obvious no?

Muggsy Thumbs Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 78>
  Share Topic