You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is the (your) worst song of all-time?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 11:35pm
Santa Cruz - The Thrills
Dont Stop Believing - Journey
 Anything by Beyonce
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

I offer you We built this city and Nothings gonna stop us now both by Starship, Time of my life from Dirty Dancing but my all time hate song is Galway Girl. Pure dirge..

Shocked

Unbelievable tune, a great soundtrack to that 80's classic film Mannequin Clap
Withnail and I,My life as a dog, Babettes Feast, Bagdad Cafe, Raising Arizona are some of the great films of 1987.Alas Mannequin wasn't. To quote one of the reviews "made by, for and about dummies" says it all really. There's just no accounting for taste.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 7:27am
Mannequin is a film for a certain generation. I loved it as a kid. But watched it recently with my kids and yes it's fairly pants
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 8:36am
Jaysus, where do you even start?

Anything by Garth Brooks, Shania Twain or Richie Kavanagh.
Breakfast at Tiffanys is one of the all time sh*te songs - absolute muck.
Wagon wheel.
Galway girl.
Sussudio - an abomination of a song.
She bangs by Ricky Martin.
The entire Eagles back catalogue . It's stadium rock for muck savages.
Anything by Meat Loaf. Christ, I f*cking hate that fat mess.
The ketchup song.
Anything by Nickelback.
I've got a feeling by the Black eyed peas. (For obvious reasons and, also, it's sh*te and is there on musical merit.)
Cotton eyed Joe.
Hay rap by the Saw Doctors.
Anything, by the Saw Doctors.

I could go on.

''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 10:22am

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I offer you We built this city and Nothings gonna stop us now both by Starship, Time of my life from Dirty Dancing but my all time hate song is Galway Girl. Pure dirge..
Unbelievable tune, a great soundtrack to that 80's classic film Mannequin Clap
Withnail and I,My life as a dog, Babettes Feast, Bagdad Cafe, Raising Arizona are some of the great films of 1987.Alas Mannequin wasn't. To quote one of the reviews "made by, for and about dummies" says it all really. There's just no accounting for taste.
not to mention .....
Full Metal Jacket
The Untouchables
Wall Street
Angel Heart
Cry Freedom
Fatal Attraction
Hope and Glory
Lethal Weapon
The Lost Boys
No Way Out
Predator
Stakeout

What a fcukin vintage year it was.

And the Oscar went to ;

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Breakfast at Tiffany's is a classic piece of 90's nostalgia. I will mention again that novelty records do not meet the criteria; they want to be sh*te. The likes of Agadoo can f**k off and be annoying elsewhere.

It's not the greatest song ever written but I do too have a soft spot for Breakfast At Tiffany's. 

Reminds me of being a naive wee boy in the 90s, long summer holidays, adventures with friends, youthful innocence and falling in love for the first time. Cry
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Breakfast at Tiffany's is a classic piece of 90's nostalgia. I will mention again that novelty records do not meet the criteria; they want to be sh*te. The likes of Agadoo can f**k off and be annoying elsewhere.

It's not the greatest song ever written but I do too have a soft spot for Breakfast At Tiffany's. 

Reminds me of being a naive wee boy in the 90s, long summer holidays, adventures with friends, youthful innocence and falling in love for the first time. Cry
Exactly, it is cheesy sh*te but it holds a tune and memories. 
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 1:18pm
Gonna be a bore here... but I used to have a litany of songs that I detested and saw them as pure poor.
But been Djing a bit over the last few years and have started to see them even in cheesy corny pop songs and see who asks for them and see them enjoy it.... Ive had to readress my chip on my shoulder as a songwriter and bin it all. I know nothing more than know that people enjoy certain songs that never did it for me. One mans poison and all that... 
Jesus even this sounds sanctimonius of me.. Need to start adressing that tooLOL

Edited by OohAah... - 29 Sep 2016 at 1:19pm
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 1:59pm
Ohh and Pre Madonna your getting a punch to the head for putting Galway Girl back in my head. 

This song reminds of been somewhere sh*t, having had too many drinks and the beer tastes like sh*t and the night is sh*t and everything is sh*t. And more importanly your are now sh*tAngry
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Ohh and Pre Madonna your getting a punch to the head for putting Galway Girl back in my head. 

This song reminds of been somewhere sh*t, having had too many drinks and the beer tastes like sh*t and the night is sh*t and everything is sh*t. And more importanly your are now sh*tAngry
You will get about three back for abuse of language. Thumbs Up
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 7:29am
Just had today fm on. One of them sh*te new songs came on,"back seat of your river blah blah blah"...turn over to 4fm..omd How Bizarre turn over to Q102...Footloose 2 songs that get a mention in here!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 11:29am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Just had today fm on. One of them sh*te new songs came on,"back seat of your river blah blah blah"...turn over to 4fm..omd How Bizarre turn over to Q102...Footloose 2 songs that get a mention in here!

In saying all that I have always found this song IRRITATING and sh*tE
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Proud Mary reminds me of that. Rollin'! Rollin'! Rollin' on a river
Faaack aaafff
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 8:02pm
Aeroplane, or whatever it is called by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. It was on in the supermarket earlier and it has stuck in my head since.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 8:54pm
Who let the dogs out
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 8:55pm
Achy breaky heart
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 9:07pm
Wonderwall
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 9:24pm
wake me up before you go go 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic