You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 24>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 11:57am
Big Kenny fan here but really am starting to questions some of these players. Will Keane is a journeyman english striker who had no interest in playing for us until his career went down the pan. his selection is a road to nowhere.
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

It's a bit mad that calling up an English journeyman pro seems to have created more bad feeling towards Kenny than a 6% win record over the course of his management campaign.

However there's no question about it, this call up seems to have created a lot of ill feeling towards him at a time he could least afford it.

Mmm when he has 80% backing from the football supporting public ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

80% of the ybig support maybe. Outside of that there a lot of waiting until the end of the campaign to decide on him going on.

There was a poll conducted the other day by a reputable polling company who asked a number of non footballing questions as part of their poll and also asked regarding Stephen Kenny been given another contract.  80% of those that had any interested in football said they wanted to keep him on.  The poll was of 1000 people and with that number there is a margin of error usually of about 2 to 3 %.  So nothing to do with ybig, the Irish footballing public are behind Kenny for now. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 12:12pm
To be honest when things are not working up front in the goals department , just may as well roll the dice and hope for a bit of luck .

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 12:28pm

It's a bit mad that calling up an English journeyman pro seems to have created more bad feeling towards Kenny than a 6% win record over the course of his management campaign.

However there's no question about it, this call up seems to have created a lot of ill feeling towards him at a time he could least afford it.

80% of the ybig support maybe. Outside of that there a lot of waiting until the end of the campaign to decide on him going on.

There was a poll conducted the other day by a reputable polling company who asked a number of non footballing questions as part of their poll and also asked regarding Stephen Kenny been given another contract.  80% of those that had any interested in football said they wanted to keep him on.  The poll was of 1000 people and with that number there is a margin of error usually of about 2 to 3 %.  So nothing to do with ybig, the Irish footballing public are behind Kenny for now. 

I'm backing Kenny for now but them polls are pointless. Basically from that poll, 480 votes backing him.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 12:33pm
Whatever about Will Keane vs Scully, it might actually end up being Keane vs J.Collins.

Collins' lack of mobility is a serious hindrance at this level, & his hold up play isn't all that great. He's also proven multiple times now he's an OK option off the bench to try & nick a goal but is not a 90min player at this level.

From what I've seen of Keane he's a lot more mobile, better on the ball, & that bit more versatile playing CF or no10.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

I'm backing Kenny for now but them polls are pointless. Basically from that poll, 480 votes backing him.

Which is a huge number from a poll of 1000 when you take out the donโ€™t have an opinion on football.  As I said these polls have a small enough margins for error.  Itโ€™s clear that the Irish footballing public are backing Kenny for now and it was clear after the Serbia game too.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Whatever about Will Keane vs Scully, it might actually end up being Keane vs J.Collins.

Collins' lack of mobility is a serious hindrance at this level, & his hold up play isn't all that great. He's also proven multiple times now he's an OK option off the bench to try & nick a goal but is not a 90min player at this level.

From what I've seen of Keane he's a lot more mobile, better on the ball, & that bit more versatile playing CF or no10.

Spot on. If Keane in the squad means we see the back of Collinsni will be happy.  Clearly not up to it at international level in my view. 

AKA pedantic kunt
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 12:57pm

Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

ย 

Spot on. If Keane in the squad means we see the back of Collinsni will be happy. ย Clearly not up to it at international level in my view.ย 
ย 

It's also better than seeing Maguire or Hogan in a squad. Keane might amount to nothing but he's a different player to the others, and might actually offer more of what we need in terms of hold up play and linking things than Collins, Maguire, and Hogan.

Getting upset that Keane is in ahead of Scully is moot when Scully would be competing with the other forwards rather than Keane who'll be used to link up play like Idah or Parrott.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 1:05pm
Mcgoldrick was/is a journey man that worked his way up. There were plenty of raised eyebrows when he got into the squad. 
Look at the difference he was able to make for us for a short period of time when he finally found his groove.

Keane has had massive injury problems that have undoubtedly lowered his ceiling that was actually very high at one point. But he has had a couple of solid years without injury and his game looks to be improving going by stats (haven't seen him play much in the last two seasons to judge with my own eyes).

We are starved of a player who can stick it in the net and also a proper CF role that mcgoldrick was doing well for us. We have missed mcgoldrick since he left us big time. Keane COULD be someone that could plug that hole. Might not be up to it but give him a bleeding chance. 

I think its pure arrogance from some on here coming on slating him.

And regarding his English past, ok maybe we were second choice as he grew up with England but he has nailed his colours for the past number of years and got his transfer and I for one am welcoming with open arms and wish him all best and actually excited to see what type of player he could potentially be for us.

Edited by t_rAndy - 01 Oct 2021 at 1:15pm
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 1:56pm
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 2:43pm
Hopefully he's the new David McGoldrick but I fear he could be another Jon Macken 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Hopefully he's the new David McGoldrick but I fear he could be another Jon Macken 

Hereโ€™s hoping he can match McGoldrickโ€™s impressive goal record for us before bailing to concentrate on his club career.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 4:19pm
Terry Dixon is still only 31 and playing for Aylesbury. Another who played for a big club in his youth and of whom great things were expected before he was plagued by injuries. Fair play to Will Keane for fighting his way back. Good luck to the man if he gets his chance for Ireland.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 4:47pm
scores his 5th league goal against gillingham .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 4:50pm
WILL KEANES ON FIRE
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 1:16am
KEANO, THERE'S ONLY ONE KEANO, THERE'S ONLY THREE KEANO'S
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 1:30am
[QUOTE=t_rAndy]KEANO, THERE'S ONLY ONE KEANO, THERE'S ONLY THREE KEANO'S[/QUOTE
God save our gracious Keane!
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 10:16pm
The more i look at our forward options the more I'm thinking that Keane should start ahead of idah vs Azerbaijan. 

Idah just isn't ready yet and it's too much for a player that's played 139 mins of football with Norwich this season (which include the 90mins vs Liverpool B team in the efl Cup) and just 325 mins of football all last season albeit due to injury. 

Scoring 3 goals since Sept 2020 which were vs Huddersfield, wycombe and Barnsley.

Not saying he didn't do OK but that's only when you caveat with the fact he's not playing.

Will Keane has at least played 935mins of football this season and 2220mins last season.

Edited by Left foot - 04 Oct 2021 at 10:17pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 24>
  Share Topic