Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 24>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 11:14am
Thought he did ok in the highlights anyway. He really doesn't look like a professional footballer at all though, very slight.

Edited by The O'Shea - 23 Oct 2016 at 11:14am
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

Rustybedsprings View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rustybedsprings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 10:16pm
Off with a bad injury today apparently.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2016 at 8:02pm
never been so hot on the idea of him declaring for us as he has a pretty poor goalscoring record but at any rate looks like he is out for a lengthy period of time probably rest of the season
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 4:56pm
Guess we'll never find out if he was good enough.

Ruled out for 12 months
Bibi Baskin View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bibi Baskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Ex United youngster, now 23 and came off the bench today to make his Hull City debut who drew 1-1 with Burnley. 

In today rag's he said he would be interested in linking up with Ireland (he never played for us underage unlike his brother Michael) 

Hopefully he can reach his undoubted potential, seems to be a nice well grounded lad too.

A couple of goals to ignite his Premiership career could see him get a chance with Ireland perhaps.

It can only be positive with the emergence of Scott Hogan and now possibly Will Keane to give our manager some added attacking options. 

2016, so he already said it last year, thats already something IMO.   So not exactly a 'world cup  bandwagoner'

Bibi Baskin View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bibi Baskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 7:22pm
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 10:12pm
Report on RTE website saying he wants to be considered for Ireland. Had forgotten about this guy. Is this breaking news or am I months behind ? Stuck in Australia, I'm a bit out of the loop  LOL

Roy Keane has welcomed the news that Hull City striker Will Keane wants to be considered for Ireland international selection. The Ireland assistant manager was reacting to the former Manchester United striker’s statement of intent to declare for Ireland. The 24-year-old frontman has previously represented England at under-21 level but is eligible to play for Ireland as his father was born in Dublin. 

His twin brother, centre-back Michael, has earned two full England caps and joined Everton for £30m this summer. Will Keane has only recently returned to club football with Hull following a near year-long spell on the sidelines with a knee injury and once he’s back playing regularly with his club, he’s hoping to force his way into Martin O’Neill’s thoughts.

"Because we’ve got such a small pool of players, we’re always delighted when players want to come and play for Ireland."

Speaking to the Times, the Manchester born player said: "(Ireland) have some good strikers, but I was on their radar before the injury. I am an outside bet but if I can get back scoring goals I would like to think I have a chance.

"It’s every player's dream to play in the World Cup. Ireland are doing well in their group so they might make it. If I ended up playing in a World Cup, all this hard work would be worthwhile."

Keane’s namesake Roy welcomed the young player’s declaration and claimed that both he and Aston Villa’s Scott Hogan would both be considered for selection in the future.

"Because we’ve got such a small pool of players, we’re always delighted when players want to come and play for Ireland and obviously they’re two very good players," the Ireland assistant boss said. They’re at different places in their careers. The young boy Keane is coming back from a bad injury and you know the manager has met up with Scott Hogan so we’re obviously pleased. We’ve got some good players but we’re always looking to have competition for places and we’re delighted that these lads are keen and positive to come and play for Ireland."

O’Neill revealed last week that Hogan was ready to commit his international career to the Irish cause.

The 24-year-old frontman also qualifies to play for Ireland through his father's family and is understood to have applied for an Irish passport.

Edited by schillaci - 29 Aug 2017 at 10:16pm
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 6:23pm
Will Keane is a very welcome addition. 

Not long ago, he was the great white hope from the English under-age set-up, while his brother "toiled" away for Ireland.  Clearly they both have very strong Irish links, but have an understandable affinity with the country they were born in.  At Utd, Keane was banging them in for Utd youth teams and reserves, and I think may even have a few senior appearances for Utd.

He's had an unholy run of injuries.   That has been recognised by a series of PL and Championship managers who have taken him on loan.  Unfortunately injury robbed him of the chance to perform.

If he can get over these and get a run of games, he has all the potential to be a fantastic player. A big if, but we're not over-flowing with good young strikers. 

All good news.  From a situation where all our strikers were the wrong side of 30, we now have Hogan, Keane and Maguire knocking on the door.  A bit like Dublin buses....  

Bamford may see the light too with a bit of luck.  Another player with potential. He fulfilled some of that two seasons ago winning Championship POTY.  Would be great if he came back.

Edited by Luis Amor Rodriguez - 30 Aug 2017 at 6:27pm
Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2017 at 8:08pm
I certainly wouldn't write off Keane at all as there is potential there but I would not be wetting myself about him until he show's some form.
Hi Lads
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 9:54am
Has he kicked a ball this season for Hull?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 8:37pm
he had knee ligament damage around this time last yr and was supposed to be out for around a year
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 8:58pm
Will keane be the first u21 English international to swich over to us ?
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by dubstep dubstep wrote:

Was Ciaran Clark not a England U21 international?

Like how you phrased the question
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 10:29pm
Clark was U-20, not U-21
We're decent enough..
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by dubstep dubstep wrote:

interesting question, I cannot think of one
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 4:32pm
Is there talk he will switch? Where do people get these stories?
keith3307 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith3307 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Is there talk he will switch? Where do people get these stories?
Yes hes said twice himself he wants to play for us. Mon and Keane even responded to it.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 6:22pm
Onto his 7th club now, and has 5 goals in his career. 
For a 25 year old forward to have more clubs than career goals is embarrassing 

Do people on here still want him capped?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 24>
  Share Topic