Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will Keane
    Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 9:31pm
Ex United youngster, now 23 and came off the bench today to make his Hull City debut who drew 1-1 with Burnley. 

In today rag's he said he would be interested in linking up with Ireland (he never played for us underage unlike his brother Michael) 

Hopefully he can reach his undoubted potential, seems to be a nice well grounded lad too.

A couple of goals to ignite his Premiership career could see him get a chance with Ireland perhaps.

It can only be positive with the emergence of Scott Hogan and now possibly Will Keane to give our manager some added attacking options. 

Edited by Green Devil - 10 Sep 2016 at 9:33pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 9:38pm
Thanks but no thanks, same goes for Hogan.

2 plastic bowins that only now want a look in after their England chances have begun to fade. To even quote Hogan its something he would have to consider if called upon.

Neither had absolutely any desire to represent us before us and neither seem too pushed now, only for their carers sake.

Dont want that around our squad.

Id have Mason, Pilkington, Rooney, Madden etc in before them.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

2 plastic bowins that only now want a look in after their England chances have begun to fade. To even quote Hogan its something he would have to consider if called upon.

Neither had absolutely any desire to represent us before us and neither seem too pushed now, only for their carers sake.

You ever see Kieran Westwoods quote about playing for Ireland LOL  

He was playing League 1 in 2014, I don't think he was ever in a position to play for England even underage tbf.

Also, Keane only ever represented England, same way Ciaran Clark did. 

Clark accepted Ireland when called upon as a PL regular, Keane could very well be in the same position.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 10:49pm
If he can get any sort of regular football under his belt for Hull he deserves a look, Hogan and Mason would be ahead of him in the queue at present however imo.
We're decent enough..
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

He was playing League 1 in 2014, I don't think he was ever in a position to play for England even underage tbf.

Clark accepted Ireland when called upon as a PL regular, Keane could very well be in the same position.

Was surprised, but delighted, to see Westwood belting out Amhran ba bhfiann at the Oman game. I'd welcome Hogan and Keane with open arms!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Was surprised, but delighted, to see Westwood belting out Amhran ba bhfiann at the Oman game. I'd welcome Hogan and Keane with open arms!

Yeah +1. Fair play to him. Did the same from the bench v Serbia. 

Edited by McG - 11 Sep 2016 at 1:09pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 3:52pm

Easy on the plastic thing.
Its insulting to a lot of poeple on here
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 11:02pm
Now would be a good time to call this boy up.  I imagine he has an Irish passport - but fifa clearance would probably take more time.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 10:40pm
With Long possibly doubtful for Vienna, I hope Martin gets on to this boy (in between visits to Brentford).  
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

With Long possibly doubtful for Vienna, I hope Martin gets on to this boy (in between visits to Brentford).  

GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 11:44pm
You know things are bad when people want Will Keane near the squad
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Why that face?

We need players who can deliver us to major tournaments. Will Keane fits the profile although he would be behind the pecking order with Hogan top by a few miles. I hope MON takes up camp in Brentford for the next few weeks until Scott gets on an aircraft to Dublin. He has an Irish passport, call em up.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 11:51pm
What exactly is Shane's injury ?
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 12:34am
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Why that face?

We need players who can deliver us to major tournaments. Will Keane fits the profile although he would be behind the pecking order with Hogan top by a few miles. I hope MON takes up camp in Brentford for the next few weeks until Scott gets on an aircraft to Dublin. He has an Irish passport, call em up.

Will Keane hasn't scored a goal in 2016, he has scored a handful of goals for senior sides at the age of 23 and you two clowns want him called up for the Austria game?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 12:52am
Daryl Murphy has 3 goals in 2016 at club level.

Jon Walters has 4 goals in 2016 at club level.

Adam Rooney plays in the SPL a league that Irish people don't rate, Kevin Doyle in the MLS but at 33 is he the answer? 

If Shane Long happens to have a grade 2 or grade 3 hamstring tear he'll miss the Austria game.

Now I'm not advocating that O'Neill goes and calls up Will Keane for the Austrian game, but in the future we can certainly never rule someone like him out. 

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 1:08am
I hear you GD but you know fine aswell as much as I do that MoN doesnt pick his players based on goals scored, he picks them based on physical attributes to hold the ball up.
People (not you GD) are still forgetting this is the same man who picked Emile Heskey over Zlatan in his prime, he's so stuck to his guns.

Will Keane at 6'2 definitely fits the criteria 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 1:11am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I hear you GD but you know fine aswell as much as I do that MoN doesnt pick his players based on goals scored, he picks them based on physical attributes to hold the ball up.
People (not you GD) are still forgetting this is the same man who picked Emile Heskey over Zlatan in his prime, he's so stuck to his guns.

If we had a friendly coming up any time soon, I wouldn't be against calling him up.

It's actually getting scary how limited we are up front.

At this stage I would advise Martin to call up Hogan (if he's interested) , Mason, Keane and give Rooney a chance.

We've nothing to lose (when we've a friendly)

GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2016 at 1:13am

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

If we had a friendly coming up any time soon, I wouldn't be against calling him up.

It's actually getting scary how limited we are up front.

At this stage I would advise Martin to call up Hogan (if he's interested) , Mason, Keane and give Rooney a chance.

We've nothing to lose (when we've a friendly)
Have we ever been as blunt up top as we are now mate?

Also, David McGoldrick is back in training at Ipswich so he could be another option after the Austria game
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>
  Share Topic