Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anfield - New Stand

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anfield - New Stand
    Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 8:29pm
It doesn't look like Anfield anymore with the new camera positionThumbs Down
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 8:42pm
Borussia likes it, his seat is beside the birds eye camera

Gives him a lovely view of Goodison
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Goodison is behind the new stand

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 11:03am
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

As I said to you Philly, we quite literally tower over Everton now !!

My seat is right beside the radio commentary position : Dead handy looking over the lads shoulders to see all of the replays on the screens !

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 11:06am

Here is the view from my seat - Was worried I might feel like I was far away from the pitch but it didn't feel that way.
Moment of panic at half time when the new beer machines stopped working !
daskip89 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daskip89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 11:21am
Its the new nets I found hardest to adjust to!!!
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 4:40pm
In fairness to them they've done a great jon on the interior design judging from these photos. I Like the music touches

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 4:53pm
It's amazing to think how long it has taken the club to add onto the capacity of the stadium again. Is that the biggest change since the Kop went in the mid 90's? The amount of money they could have made in the interim if they had the capacity at 50/60 thousand. I presume they'd have no bother selling out 60 thousand a week would they?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

It's amazing to think how long it has taken the club to add onto the capacity of the stadium again. Is that the biggest change since the Kop went in the mid 90's? The amount of money they could have made in the interim if they had the capacity at 50/60 thousand. I presume they'd have no bother selling out 60 thousand a week would they?

For weekend premier league games, probably 60,000 is about right. You might get less there at some mid week premier league games and cup games. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 5:12pm
Has liverpool FC resolved the issue with the (empty) residential houses near it?

I know they were looking to buy them and build up the stadium but the owners were demanding crazy monies.

Liverpool need a 70K stadium IMO - they would fill that most weekends.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Has liverpool FC resolved the issue with the (empty) residential houses near it?

I know they were looking to buy them and build up the stadium but the owners were demanding crazy monies.

So, Lothair road no longer exists : Club bought all of those houses and demolished them for the new main stand. Think the club may own a few other houses but they will be refurbished etc. Some small bits of bad feeling about how previous owners of the club were accused of purposely running down roads etc to try and get people to move out.

A successful team would fill 70,000 most weekends, but if the team aren't going well then you would not sell out. And am not sure we would sell out any midweek games at 70,000
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 5:16pm
Whatever about 70k, I would have thought 60k would easily be filled at weekends. Between the day tourists and isn't there a massive waiting lists for the season ticket iirc?
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Are liverpool not responsible for the empty houses around the ground? buying them, boarding them up, leading to decline and driving the house prices down in the surrounding area

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Whatever about 70k, I would have thought 60k would easily be filled at weekends. Between the day tourists and isn't there a massive waiting lists for the season ticket iirc?

Season ticket list got a bit shorter this summer (thankfully !) - That's how I got mine. They took the top 2,000 of the list and gave them seats. The list is still closed though so I imagine it is quite long still.
60,000 seems about right to me in terms of capacity.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

In fairness to them they've done a great jon on the interior design judging from these photos. I Like the music touches

That's fantastic.

The fake flags are very nice

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 9:26pm
The red Anfield nets have been changed from red to white to help the players peripheral vision on the orders of Herr Klopp.

daskip89 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daskip89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 1:01pm
Roy Evans done this before aswell mid 90s. Seemed to work for a start anyway!!! 
HelloBarry View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelloBarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 1:45pm
It looks good for me. Not a fan of the banners though.
Quit while you are ahead.
All the best gamblers do.

http://blog.sbobet.com/tips
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic