Forum Home Forum Home : YouBoysInGreen Fanzine : Feedback/Ideas
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

List of things to improve the forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 12:24am
Snap chat tells everybody where you are? And people still use the f**king thing!?
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 12:26am
Only if you want it to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 12:27am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Only if you want it to
My point was why would you want to?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 12:30am
So you can solve arguments on an Internet forum like "I wonder why he hasn't posted in a while" then so people can check Snapchat to see where he actually is atm.

Brilliant idea imo. Should get rolled out asap.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 12:30am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Only if you want it to

My point was why would you want to?

Ive no idea
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 10:07pm
I'd like to see a thread in the Rest of The World section for "reports" or "links" every second post seems to be "according to reports" or an article taken from somewhere or whatever.

Given that we all use google, read newspapers, watch Sky Sports News etc it's not as if we don't already know the obvious goings on in the footballing world.

There's nothing worse than logging onto a thread and you see 7 links or reports being posted daily.

Edited by Green Devil - 19 Apr 2018 at 10:07pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 9:19am
Fair point alright. Every thread seems to have a load of new posts based on absolutely nothing.
I would also like to point out that I never watch Sky Sports News though. The breaking news of some lad signing a new contract at QPR or an update on how Team Moderate Gains are doing in the Giro has long since lost its appeal.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 9:21am
A thread for cut and pasted stories that you would find on BBC Football Gossip or Skysports.com do you mean GD?

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 9:38am
A proper notification tool (not email) something up the top panel would be great.

similar to the below

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 4:28pm
Something like that would need to be totally opt-in only. I don't want notifications when trapnoclue is spamming a thread I've posted in, or for the latest in the Hans v everyone bouts on the Man United thread.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Something like that would need to be totally opt-in only. I don't want notifications when trapnoclue is spamming a thread I've posted in, or for the latest in the Hans v everyone bouts on the Man United thread.

Would only be if someone replies or quotes you

similar to this
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I'd like to see a thread in the Rest of The World section for "reports" or "links" every second post seems to be "according to reports" or an article taken from somewhere or whatever.

Given that we all use google, read newspapers, watch Sky Sports News etc it's not as if we don't already know the obvious goings on in the footballing world.

There's nothing worse than logging onto a thread and you see 7 links or reports being posted daily.

Bump Thumbs Up

Sick of seeing links and countless articles.

One thread pinned to the top of the rest of the world section for links. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 10:29am
has the lay out changed for everyone on the phone?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 10:35am
you’ve maybe changed the “view in” mode at the bottom of the page 
Happened me once
Classic or mobile are the options 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 10:38am
Could they put vending machines in every section of the forum? I think a coffee machine would make the site money as well as increase footfall.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 10:44am
LOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Could they put vending machines in every section of the forum? I think a coffee machine would make the site money as well as increase footfall.

But no apples in the vending machine please! 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

But no apples in the vending machine please! 

No.  There is no money in apples.We would be aiming at the prospective type 2 diabetics. They spend all their money on sugar and carbs.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic