You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YBIG Mandate: AGM set for March 8th at 7pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 19>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 11:28am
Having read through the minutes (Great effort by those involve to continue this engagement) I had forgotten that of the 40% of tickets given to FD and SC's, they are given out pro-rate based on membership or season tickets. Shows how important it is to get as many people as possible to sign up to Fans Direct.
Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 11:56am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Ok it states that FD membership is at 1720, I have four profiles on my account, out of the last 10 away game my own profile has done 8/10, Profile 2 has done 6/10 and the other two have 1/10 how do the second and subseqent profiles work when allocating tickets etc and is the "REAL" figure for FD much higher id you count multiple profiles on accounts. I presume the 1720 are account holders as opposed to FD profiles.

KC pretty sure 1720 is  the number of profiles as its the ratio to Sc members that the split is decided

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Thanks NR - interesting read. Who attends from FAI out of curiosity. 

Didn't get email ***

The FAI attendees would be well know to fans .
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 12:51pm

Ok it states that FD membership is at 1720, I have four profiles on my account, out of the last 10 away game my own profile has done 8/10, Profile 2 has done 6/10 and the other two have 1/10 how do the second and subseqent profiles work when allocating tickets etc and is the "REAL" figure for FD much higher id you count multiple profiles on accounts. I presume the 1720 are account holders as opposed to FD profiles.
I have eight or so profiles for various people who have travelled with me over the years, so second the question
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 12:58pm
I would recommend that people split their profiles for their own sake. The lesson from Cardiff is to do this.

Fair play NR for circulating

Edited by Baldrick - 26 Oct 2017 at 12:59pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

I have eight or so profiles for various people who have travelled with me over the years, so second the question

Following internal review we are confident it was respective season ticket holders ie there are 1720 STH in Fans Direct .

We would encourage all STH who have not already joined Fans Direct,  to join.
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Following internal review we are confident it was respective season ticket holders ie there are 1720 STH in Fans Direct .

We would encourage all STH who have not already joined Fans Direct,  to join.

Yeah, my understanding is that it's individual FD accounts. Which is obviously separate from FAI accounts and season ticket holders. So I have one FAI account with 8 ST"s on it. All 8 are in FD far as I know. It's a historical thing in my case and clearly not the most effective way to manage things for away tickets or for presale for home as they get offered per FAI account. Lots of SC members would have season tickets but not be part of FD.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 5:29pm
Well done on this again lads, great to get some transparency.
Does anyone know anyone that had to collect their tickets in Georgia?
Here we go again
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

I did, but only because they were posted to my house after I left Ireland. There were a good few others that collected from the team hotel as well
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2017 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Darraghn92 Darraghn92 wrote:

Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

I did, but only because they were posted to my house after I left Ireland. There were a good few others that collected from the team hotel as well

Good stuff!
Here we go again
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 9:41pm
Mandate representatives have met with the FAI on two occasions over the past few months with the main topic being our concerns over the current ticketing allocation for away matches.
Our goal is to increase the 40% away allocation for fans to a more reasonable 70%, which is still far lower than countries like England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, and to introduce a universal, points-based scheme that treats all fans equally.
After the Wales game, the opinion of the committee was that play-off tickets would be  difficult to obtain so on October 20, we emailed all Supporters Clubs outlining our vision. While we received responses from a number of the clubs, we are requesting the remainder get back with their thoughts by December 1.
In light of the Denmark allocation, with many clubs receiving far less tickets than they had hoped to get, we feel we need to push on with this issue as a matter of urgency as it is in the best interests of all Ireland fans.

Below is the latest email we sent out to the Supporters Clubs in the Confederation this evening.

PS..Please keep all comments sensible as this is an ongoing discussion and so far the meetings with the FAI have been productive.  

NOTE: You can sign up to our mandate and see minutes of meeting with FAI in thread below

Dear Fellow Supporters

We recently wrote to you on 20th Oct  requesting your support which will be a benefit to all fans. The Wales and Denmark allocations have further emphasised the importance of the two issues in question. As per the publicised minutes of the meeting with the FAI, it is the FAI's intention to make the relevant decisions in December, thus we request your replies by 1st Dec.

In a bid to simplify the process, we request that the multiple choice answers be selected. It is our intention to forward the answers on to the FAI. 

Firstly - to increase the current FD/SC allocation from 40% to a more realistic 70%. This is more comparable to other associations who reward fans with over 90% of ticket allocations. This would leave 15% for the football family and 15% for Abbey.

Agree                                     Don’t Agree                                      Unsure

Secondly – a universal scheme is brought in so all members are equal, the driving principle being the more away games you attend the more entitled you are to away tickets, once you also hold a season ticket.  This will apply to SC members and independents alike. We are sure you have all heard anecdotally, stories of those with tickets when more deserving members have gone without. NOTE: the scheme attached to our earlier correspondence is not the final document

Agree                                    Don’t Agree                                      Unsure

Looking forward to your response and the continued success of the Irish football team

Regards

YBIG Mandate Committee

Ger Keville

Paul Hickey

Martin O Meara

Eoin Byrne

Siobhan O Brien

Tony Considine

Kevin Mc Daid

Paul Dornan

Edited by The GerK - 03 Nov 2017 at 10:08pm
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 9:49pm
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 10:44pm
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 11:11pm
Just a couple of points on this; 

Ideally, we believe a united front between FD & SC's is the best way to collectively approach the FAI with a view to increasing the ticket percentage from 40% to the stated aim of 70%.

It is worth noting that the meetings with the FAI have been progressive, and the FAI have not ruled out any increase or introduction of a universal scheme. We believe the scheme Ybig put forward to the FAI is under consideration, as per the minutes of the last meeting. 

Putting it bluntly as possible, the SC's have, as per email sent, got a few choices open to them. 

They can agree with one or both proposals and work with Ybig to achieve these aims. 
They can disagree with one or both, but if I were a member of one, I'd at least want to know why that is. They can ignore the email & send no response.   

It is worth noting that none of these things really affect the people who go to all, or most of the away games all that much, regardless of whether in FD or SC. Since Scotland, the FAI have made genuine efforts to ensure FD members with the relevant criteria for each game do get allocated tickets, and this has proved to be the case for Wales & Denmark. I have seen a screenshot of one of the SC's criteria for this game, and it's nearly stricter than the FD one. 

The mandate committee has stated in black & white that they believe any scheme should include all supporters on an equal basis. SC's have had opportunity to do so, but have in the main, declined to. I'm not sure of the reading audience of these posts, but if I were an SC member who has missed out on this occasion, I think it is a valid question to ask of your SC why they have not stated this. 

Some might be placated by private assurances from the FAI, but looking at it logically, if you think you are in an SC that is favoured, and you get allocated tickets for the next tight allocation game knowing your record is not as good as some others, those can only come from the existing pot of other SC members, or FD members. What then should the SC fall out of favour ? The pot is still the same size. 

SC's intention is to look after their members, but without a universal scheme, the options are private relationships with FAI members, which might change over time & personnel, or simply ignoring the records of those lower down the list to favour the few at the top of it. Those at the top of these things will still be at the top of these things in any given system, so if fans, whether in FD or SC's want to make it a fairer system for ALL, now would be a good time to say so. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 11:50pm
Can't disagree with anything that has been said above - Fair play folks, keep up the good work, it is appreciated.
Lansdown Roar View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lansdown Roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 12:11am
Well done good stuff
They've only gone and done it
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2017 at 6:17pm
Bump
Bru View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 12:31pm
Great progress to date. Fair play to all involved. 
Keep up the good work. 
Clap Clap Clap
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2017 at 12:40pm
Irish fan touting eight tickets for 200 a piece, event junkies all over the place with tickets and no interest in the match.
Lads getting tickets through an FAI employee they met in Cardiff VIP section, some SC getting shafted while others had plenty of spares

Fair to say not much has changed since Scotland
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 19>
  Share Topic