You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YBIG Mandate: AGM set for March 8th at 7pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 19>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 12:37pm
We'll be raising last night's issues with the FAI.

As a trial run for the Euros it brought incompetence to a new level. It would be almost funny only for the fact it was so bad that it was dangerous. Dunno about other parts of the ground but the South was appalling both on Lansdowne Road and in the concourse once people were in. Have no idea how they got it so wrong.

The random searches were fine and caused no problems. It was the additional barriers and checks that caused the issues. I'm assuming that they're UEFA criteria for the finals. The fact that the Gardai have no clue how to police football and even less interest in learning how to didn't help either.

We've already begun collating feedback and are discussing how best to gather more and will post here when that's sorted. 

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 19 Nov 2019 at 12:39pm
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sponsored Links

drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 12:45pm
Arrived 30 min before kick off. Zero problems getting through security or into the ground. Best experience in years. Dont get all the fuss about last night.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 1:21pm
Didn't notice anything different last night compared to going into previous games. 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 19 Nov 2019 at 1:22pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 1:28pm
Was worst ever seen going into the West, seemed to give up on checks bar ticket checks to avoid a crush 
forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 1:40pm
I get the same time Dart for every game which gets me in my seat in East upper around 7.15 for every game. Got to my seat just after anthems last night, all very haphazard, the last barriers appeared to cause lots of problems.
 I know they did the same for Europa final a few years back but is there really a need to close the Dart station ? Both in Paris and Bordeaux for the last euros the nearest station was open with no issues.
If England or any other team with large support play here based on last night’s security attempt then it could be a nightmare.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 1:51pm
Got to the ground at about 6:45 last night, went through both ticket check and search in just a few minutes. They had stressed for people to arrive early but with a full house this kind of thing was probably inevitable.

After the game was a mess, crowds just let out onto the streets without direction etc, free for all. Real bottle neck at the dart underpass 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 1:56pm
Yer Micky and Minnie would have had a better idea how to police last night .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 2:57pm
I thought security was extremely tight going into the NZ game and last night wasn't too bad considering the large amount of numbers trying to get into the ground.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 3:27pm
A bit chaotic. Took much longer than usual to get in. We had a full house for Swiss game also and it was much smoother that night.

Big queues to check tickets. They normally do that at the top of the road and it works fine. I don’t know why they moved it. The security check was pretty basic and you could have brought in a shotgun. Again no great reason to move the location of the check. 

On the way out there was a cock up with the dart and everything was held up again. There were a bunch of stewards in the underpass. They were in the way and more of a hinderance than a help. 
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 4:13pm
Was grand on the way in, the extra checks only added about 3 mins.

Getting out was the usual nightmare up the walkway by the river past the tennis club, no gards (as there was at the swiss game) around to keep young fellas from hopping the wall and jumping down onto crowds of people. finally get upto the bridge and theres a couple of hundred lads in red who couldnt handle the lunatic soup.

If we've to play the north at home in the final, its going to be a nightmare
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 4:58pm
We arrived at the end of Lansdowne Road at about 19:25, the same time as usual, which always gets us into our seats in good time for the teams coming out and the anthems. The ticket check and security frisk there, at the junction, is usually very quick but last night, the stewards were 150 yards down the road and no one had any idea what the hold up was, especially as there could be no issues with the dart. It took an absolute age and by the time we got to the front of the queue, they were barely frisking anyone and letting everyone through. There was no ticket check. Also, there were a few people going back up the way, which was an absolute disaster for them. Unlike when the dart station is open and there are barriers up one side of the road to allow people out and around, it was impossible to move against the flow of people from the stadium back up to the junction. Why the checks had to be so far down the road, away from the junction, I do not know. If they plan to do similar for the euros, they need more staff working more quickly.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 5:01pm
I didn't get checked at all going into the West stand - There were people doing some checks but not enough to stop everyone.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 1:14am
 Absolutely not trying to shoot down anybody. However, I am compelled by how the ‘representative fans’ met with a charade when we have a security officer who has abused and intimidated fans for years and a communications officer that refused in front of a Dail committee to disclose who asked him to release a statement in March.

It is sickening and the FAI should get no funding as long as these people are at the helm
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Absolutely not trying to shoot down anybody. However, I am compelled by how the ‘representative fans’ met with a charade when we have a security officer who has abused and intimidated fans for years and a communications officer that refused in front of a Dail committee to disclose who asked him to release a statement in March.

It is sickening and the FAI should get no funding as long as these people are at the helm

What are you talking about? That post doesn't even make sense? 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

The FAI still stand over these people. There is no reform and fans shouldn’t be engaging with such a toxic organisation. The government isn’t restoring funding to them and fans groups should follow the lead and run independently until such a time as there is reform.

Great security operation at the match last week by the new FAIClap
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 9:15am

The FAI still stand over these people. There is no reform and fans shouldn’t be engaging with such a toxic organisation. The government isn’t restoring funding to them and fans groups should follow the lead and run independently until such a time as there is reform.

You specifically mentioned meeting a charade. Do you mean us meeting the same person that you met? 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 9:18am

You specifically mentioned meeting a charade. Do you mean us meeting the same person that you met? 

No, the organisation is a charade. Noel Mooneys tenure is now up and his time is largely irrelevant. Is Foley going to step in and read the minutes of that meeting I wonder
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 9:29am

No, the organisation is a charade. Noel Mooneys tenure is now up and his time is largely irrelevant. Is Foley going to step in and read the minutes of that meeting I wonder

You're still not making much sense, it's all a bit rambling. 

We weighed up whether to engage or whether to remain on the outside. We've set out our rationale for engaging in detail and that positon is overwhelmingly backed by the fans who signed up. We're far from comfortable with developments since and have been vocal about that. We said at the time that we would review our positon on an ongoing basis and are doing so.

I get that you love being a hurler on the ditch but it's hard to take it seriously when you specifically said you weren't taking your issue any further after being offered support yet continue to snipe on here. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 19>
  Share Topic