You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YBIG Mandate: AGM set for March 8th at 7pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 19>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 5:05pm
Seen it so now Friendlies Included for FD Points. 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Sponsored Links

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 5:11pm
Thanks lads just had a quick read. Some clarity given on certain points. Again a new open scheme is the only way forward, they can say x,y and z is or isn't included but all you can do is take them on their word about it. 

Anyway on the whole looks a positive meeting 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Notes of the mandate committee meeting with the FAI have been emailed out  - if you signed up and did not receive them please advise

Got them newryrep great to actually see what's been discussed at meetings Clap

Just wondering is their any idea of what games be taken into account for Gibraltar. Thought I'd be safe using last 10 competitive not so sure now the oversubscribed games dont count and friendlies do
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Notes of the mandate committee meeting with the FAI have been emailed out  - if you signed up and did not receive them please advise

Just wondering is their any idea of what games be taken into account for Gibraltar. Thought I'd be safe using last 10 competitive not so sure now the oversubscribed games dont count and friendlies do
Would have been good if they had of told everyone the critera first. Changes my circumstances massively 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Would have been good if they had of told everyone the critera first. Changes my circumstances massively 

Most would be affected Wanderer but I doubt it would significantly change ( I would be 9/10 down to 7/10 with friendlies included ) though I understand some individuals would be affected

We expect the criteria to clearly stated when it is issued
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 5:48pm

Most would be affected Wanderer but I doubt it would significantly change ( I would be 9/10 down to 7/10 with friendlies included ) though I understand some individuals would be affected

Down from 6 to 3 if they implement it so not a chance for Gibraltar now myself and probably be tight for a few games going forward. 

Any idea when they'll let us know for Gibraltar then ? I know it closes Wednesday but hopefully we're not waiting too long 

Edited by wanderer - 04 Feb 2019 at 5:49pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 6:55pm

Last 10 aways including friendlies are as follows (I think)
Aarhus
Wroclaw 
Cardiff 
Paris 
Antalya 
Copenhagen 
Cardiff 
Tbilisi 
New York 
Vienna 

So if take over subscribed games out of it (vienna, Cardiff, Copenhagen) It leaves us with 7 games. Will that be whats used probably will 3 earlier games be included to replace the oversubscribed games 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 6:58pm

Last 10 aways including friendlies are as follows (I think)
Aarhus
Wroclaw 
Cardiff 
Paris 
Antalya 
Copenhagen 
Cardiff 
Tbilisi 
New York 
Vienna 

So if take over subscribed games out of it (vienna, Cardiff, Copenhagen) It leaves us with 7 games. Will that be whats used probably will 3 earlier games be included to replace the oversubscribed games 
Was Vienna over subscribed though? Everyone with a record got sorted. It was the vast majority who had no record and just purchased a season ticket on the back of the euros.

I guess we have to wait and see what they say when we get the results of our applications.
But hopefully it is the last 7 that you mention you'd be going an awfully long way back past that 

Edited by wanderer - 04 Feb 2019 at 7:21pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 8:33pm
I'm also fairly confident the FAI had nothing to do with tickets for the New York game.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I'm also fairly confident the FAI had nothing to do with tickets for the New York game.
Correct. We had to purchase them via the US version of ticketmaster. FAI had no allocation.

Edited by Sham157 - 04 Feb 2019 at 8:38pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Correct. We had to purchase them via the US version of ticketmaster. FAI had no allocation.

Replace new york with moldova in that list then
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 10:42pm
Can the Genesis report be made available on this site when received? I see in the minutes a copy was requested
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 10:45pm
Great work being done but could the committee request the criteria for away games at the meetings anymore. Would be helpful to know earlier for Gibraltar and it will most likely be the same for the Switzerland game. Even if its just what games they will be taking into consideration to give people and idea.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Great work being done but could the committee request the criteria for away games at the meetings anymore. Would be helpful to know earlier for Gibraltar and it will most likely be the same for the Switzerland game. Even if its just what games they will be taking into consideration to give people and idea.

Criteria are changing game by game depending on demand. Under the current system, they won't know how many games you'll need until they know how many applications are in and who's applied. 

We've been told they'll share details on an improved scheme shortly. Our argument for a universal scheme for all is that people will at least know where they'll be in a queue in the worst case scenario.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 4:41pm
YBIG Independent Supporters Mandate Statement - 12th April 2019

In relation to recent developments regarding the FAI, the YBIG Independent Supporters Mandate Committee were very disappointed in the conduct of the FAI delegation at Wednesday's Oireachtas Committee on Transport, Tourism and Sport hearing.

Improved corporate governance and transparency have been items that we have consistently sought to include on the agenda and both were glaringly absent at Wednesday's hearing and have been since the issue of the €100,000 loan came to light three weeks ago.

There remain multiple questions to which no answer or unsatisfactory answers were provided. The fact that only three board members were made aware of this transaction at the time, directly contradicting the FAI statement issued on March 18th which stated "The board of the FAI has been kept fully informed in relation to this matter at all times” is damning, as is the fact that no answer was provided as to who signed off on that statement. 

Given the clear cash flow issues that have been detailed within the association since this issue arose, the fact that three third-party bodies, Jonathan Hall and Associates, Mazers and Grant Thornton have been hired at what is presumably significant cost means that further money will be diverted away from where it should be spent.

The unprecedented step taken by Sport Ireland to withhold its funding should be of serious concern to all in the country with an interest in football at all levels from grassroots up.

During Wednesday's hearing, Oireachtas Chairman, Fergus O'Dowd stated that "the board’s actions have resulted in the funding for those very people being withdrawn" and said that "regime change...is what people need." 

In his closing address, he added; "To ensure certainty, the best thing the board members could do is move on.  If they did so and new people came in, the association could turn around."

FAI President, Donal Conway was also asked: "If Sport Ireland indicates that in order for funding to be restored, the board will have to step down and allow a new board to be appointed, will the board heed that?"

In response, Mr Conway said; "We will not jeopardise Sport Ireland funding.  We will take whatever actions we have to take."

As a committee, we agree that radical change is necessary. We appeal to the board and those in positions of influence within the FAI to do the right thing for Irish football.

YBIG Independent Supporters Mandate Committee
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 5:16pm
The Mandate Committee have noted the release of the Sport Ireland / FAI Governance Review Group with interest.

Two of our Committee met with the Governance Review Group on Monday June 10th to discuss the submission we shared with you in our last correspondence.

From an initial review of the published report, we are pleased to see that a number of our suggestions such as the next FAI Board only being appointed on an interim basis and the setting up of a Supporters forum and charter to ensure representation within reformed structures have been included. However, we believe that this should only be the beginning of a long term process. 

It is our intention to review the report in more detail over the weekend and for the Committee to then meet and discuss our next steps. As always, we would welcome any input or feedback from members in advance of that meeting, The full report is available in full at the below link.

The Mandate Committee were also invited to speak as part of the panel discussion on Corporate Governance in the FAI at the Irish Football Stakeholders Forum at the Mansion House on Friday 31st May. The video of that panel is now available online and can be viewed by any interested members below. The governance panel begins approx 55 minutes in.

We will continue our engagement with other stakeholders and provide updates as the situation develops.

We would also ask members to encourage fellow supporters who may not have already signed up to the Mandate to do so. The more members we have, the louder our voice can be. Fans can sign on at the below link.

Regards,

YBIG Independent Supporters Mandate Committee
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 12:27pm
Please see below update from Hickster74. 

Just to further update that, the interim board member election for those nominated by the 'Other Groupings' section (ie including the supporters groups) took place at the FAI EGM this morning, and the Colleges Football Association of Ireland (CFAI) nominee, Joe O'Brien, was elected to the interim board, defeating Stuart Gilhooly of the PFAI in a close vote. 

Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

Since our update last month and following agreement with our committee, YBIG Mandate have been engaged with a process with the two other supporters groups, Irish Supporters Network and CRISC, who submitted to the Sport Ireland / FAI Governance Review Group. All three had given commitments to working towards an agreed Supporters Forum within our submissions which was noted in the final report. A copy of the framework document we have been working on is attached with this mail.

The below communication has been agreed by all three groupings. 

In the report, Supporters have been allocated two council seats on the new expanded council.   Our two seats fall into the 'Other Groups' category with the FAI Schools, Defence Forces FA, Irish Universities Football Union, Colleges Football Association, Football For All, Irish Soccer Referees Society, Referees Committee and the PFAI. There are a total of 13 council seats across that group who, as a whole, are entitled to agree one member to take a seat on the FAI board.  

As there were only two council seats allocated for supporters across three groups, we had been working on reaching agreement as to who would be nominated for those seats.We informed the FAI on Tuesday 9th July of the contact details where correspondence to all three groups should be issued to enable us to move forward. As a deadline date of 1st September had been detailed within the GRG report, this was the date we were aiming at.

This changed last week, when we were made aware on Tuesday 16th July, that the other constituents within that 'Other Groups' had received correspondence the previous day requesting that they "submit, collectively, your nominee to the Board of the FAI....by 5.30pm on Wednesday 24th July 2019." We were also informed that those constituents that, like ourselves, were not previously represented on council, had until Friday 19th July to confirm their nominations for council reps.  

After two reminders to the Association, we finally received our letters on Thursday 18th July, giving us till Monday 22nd July to submit our nominations. None of the three supporters groups involved were satisfied by that deadline or the deadline to nominate a joint board representative with eight other groups. We expressed those concerns in detail in a letter to the GRG chair and the FAI on Thursday 18th July.

Allowing for the fact that only eight of those thirteen seats currently exist with five still to be filled at the AGM, we were expected to finalise our council nominations and liaise with eight other constituent groups, who we have had no time to build any sort of relationship with, to come up with an agreed candidate for the board in less than a week. In our eyes, this is not how a new era of improved corporate governance should be kicked off. 

As we have consistently pointed out, the timescales involved in this entire process have been too ambitious from the off. The reform process has been driven by the date of the AGM when that should have been cancelled and a rescheduled AGM date should have been dictated by the process. Within the FAI rulebook, the AGM could have been held at any date up until November 18th 2018. At the very least, we believe the ODCE investigations and the Sport Ireland KOSI audit should have been completed before moving to AGM.

Notwithstanding the above, we had a decision to make on whether to keep engaging or remain disenfranchised. While waiting for a reply to our letter of 18th July, Tony Considine of YBIG Mandate and Niamh O'Mahony of Irish Supporters Network were invited to speak at the CRISC AGM on Saturday July 20th and agreement was reached that both would be ratified as the two FAI Interim Council members representing the supporters for the next year.

As previously mentioned, all three groups are uncomfortable with the pace this process is being pushed but agreement was reached that supporters' interests would be better served by having direct input into the association than by remaining excluded. In particular, having no input into the selection of the board member who will be mandated to raise supporters' issues at board level was a real concern.

The latest Sunday Times article where internal FAI correspondence stating 'Gardai are trying to hack into' individual supporters' private communications was published is frankly shocking and only further strengthened our belief that consistently reviewing our position is the right thing to do. All three of our groups utterly condemn that behaviour.  

The GRG replied to us last Monday and stated that additional time in relation to the election of a board member could be given if required. We have spent the last week engaging with the various constituents within the 'Others' group to discuss the best way forward. We will meet with them on Saturday prior to the AGM where a final decision on whether to propose a board member will either be taken or postponed in the short term.

From our perspective and following detailed consideration, we have decided against proposing one of the Supporters' reps for the board seat. While ultimately we believe that it is desirable for representation at that level, we are conscious that whoever takes that seat will have to represent the concerns of a far broader constituency, rather than just supporters' interests.

Instead, we believe that we can maximise our influence in relation to the specific issues that impact on supporters through the various committees sitting underneath board level and then directly with the new board. We are currently working on a joint strategy to best develop this.

While different groups of support within the game will always have different priorities,
○ ALL supporters want a stronger game in Ireland
○ ALL supporters want a positive match day experience
○ ALL supporters want to see more fans in our grounds  

Our three supporters' groups believe that a united voice for fans can be an important catalyst in pushing for the reform needed for a brighter future for football in Ireland. We pledge to work for that both within council and within the Supporters Forum that we will implement over the next year. We believe that putting any previous differences aside and working together is the best way to achieve this.

Tony Considine on behalf of YBIG Independent Supporters Mandate
Niamh O'Mahony on behalf of Irish Supporters Network
Brian Hehir on behalf of CRISC    

___________________________________________________________________________________

We would also ask members to encourage fellow supporters who may not have already signed up to the Mandate to do so. From a starting point of zero, we now have over 600 supporters signed up. The more members we have, the louder our voice can be. Fans can sign on at the below link.

If anyone who has signed up hasn't received this update via email, please notify us at ybigmandate@gmail.com.

Thank you for your continued support.

YBIG Independent Supporters Mandate Committee

Edited by deise316 - 27 Jul 2019 at 8:14pm
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 9:37pm
As a joint initiative by YBIG Mandate, Irish Supporters Network and CRISC, an Irish Football Supporters Forum will be held at Lansdowne Road on Saturday, November 16th to discuss and debate various topics related to the League of Ireland and Republic of Ireland set ups.

The event is a first of its kind, and another step in this ongoing work to provide a platform for fans to have their voices heard in a meaningful way.

Through a range of talks, panel discussions and breakout sessions, examples of how supporters in Ireland and elsewhere can affect positive change will serve as discussion points to improve the supporter experience in Ireland for all. The importance of having supporter involvement at all levels of the game in Ireland will also be outlined.

In order to help generate these talking points, we are issuing a survey for Irish football fans to complete. The more responses we get the better so if you could take the time to complete it we'd really appreciate it. It should take no longer than 5 minutes and is accessible at the below link.

Should you be interested in attending the Irish Football Supporters Forum then please indicate your interest in the survey and send an email with your name to ybigmandate@gmail.com. 

A limited number of tickets will be made available once we have everyone's details. There will be no charge but unfortunately, spaces for our members are limited to 20. A limited number of tickets for non members will also be made available. Following feedback, we have decided that tickets will be randomly drawn if we are oversubscribed rather than being issued on a first come, first served basis . Should your name be drawn you will be contacted by ourselves the week of the event.

We would also ask members to encourage fellow supporters who may not have already signed up to the Mandate to do so. From a starting point of zero, we now have over 600 supporters signed up. The more members we have, the louder our voice can be. Fans can sign on at the below link.

Thank you for your continued support.

YBIG Independent Supporters Mandate Committee

Eoin Byrne

Tony Considine

Paul Dornan

Paul Hickey

Kevin McDaid

Siobhan O'Brien

Martin O'Meara