Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YBIG Mandate: AGM set for March 8th at 7pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 19>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 8:12am
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

[QUOTE=Newryrep]
anybody else not get the email ?
Shakeyshamrock
Rossieman
Seaniemac
Greenlad

Greenlad - you not get the original email ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 8:17am
You forgot the password didn't you
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 8:21am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Now now LB we would not want to send out electronic correspondence unless it is correctly formatted and the necessary security measures in place
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 8:25am
Originally posted by Nobodyreally Nobodyreally wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Forgive my ignorance, but could someone outline the difference between the organisation proposed here and a supporters' club?

It is a grouping made up of principally independents fans and some supporters club members argueing for more transparency and for all fans to be treated equally - see the opening post in the Mandate thread for further details

It is not affiliated to the confederation/FAI  and so we retain the independence to criticise when required

Thanks for the explanation.
I also read the original thread as you suggested.

In what forum will this new group argue for greater transparency that the members don't already argue in?
Given the new group's size (c.400 was the last figure I saw)relative to say the largest supporters club(950+),do you think the FAI will be bothered to listen to an organisation that brings no collective revenue to the table (the group won't involve itself in distribution of ticketing and is publicly vociferous in it's criticism of the FAI and virulently hostile and antagonistic to the CEO of the association it wants to influence?

It seems that YBIG had a place at the FAI table and, now that it has lost that place to supporters clubs, is jealously desperate to get it back.
The supporters clubs are cleverly succeeding at a game in which the FAI make the rules, own the ball and have the keys to the playing field. As Irish supporters of long standing know only too well, moral victories bring no prizes.

I am currently travelling and will respond to this later however your charge of jealousy does question your motives
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 9:08am
In terms of jealously, as somebody who signed up to the YBIG mandate, I certainly am not jealous of anything. I just wanted to be treated equally as any fan should. 
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 9:45am

[QUOTE=Newryrep]
Shakeyshamrock
Rossieman
Seaniemac
Greenlad

I didn't get anything NR
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 9:48am

Now now LB we would not want to send out electronic correspondence unless it is correctly formatted and the necessary security measures in place

So you forgot the password  LOL
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 10:09am

[QUOTE=Newryrep]
Shakeyshamrock
Rossieman
Seaniemac
Greenlad

I didn't get anything NR

GL pm me your email address and I will forward it on to Kev
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 10:10am

So you forgot the password  LOL

I am not the tech one
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 10:14am

I was wrong to use the term "jealously desperate. It was pejorative and presumptive. I apologise and withdraw that term. Please re-read it as "attempting".

I look forward to reading your reply.

Fair enough
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 10:21am

[QUOTE=Newryrep]
Shakeyshamrock
Rossieman
Seaniemac
Greenlad

I didn't get anything NR

GL pm me your email address and I will forward it on to Kev

Pm sent
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 1:13pm

In what forum will this new group argue for greater transparency that the members don't already argue in?

In separate meetings with the FAI

Given the new group's size (c.400 was the last figure I saw)relative to say the largest supporters club(950+),do you think the FAI will be bothered to listen to an organisation that brings no collective revenue to the table 

At 400 we would be the second largest grouping of supporters many of whom are regular travellers, we already have  had one meeting with the FAI/Confed representative re atsmosphere and a second meeting with just the FAI the record of which will be sent out to those who signed up to the mandate. We see no reason why it cannot be publically posted as it will be of interest to all but it is going to mandate signatures firstly. I wasn't aware that the selling of additional tickets was restricted to SC members only.

the group won't involve itself in distribution of ticketing 

the group has no business nor interest in distributing tickets - those who sign up  either deal with FAI direct on tickets or through their relevant supporters club

group is publicly vociferous in it's criticism of the FAI and virulently hostile and antagonistic to the CEO of the association it wants to influence?

The mandate group does not speak for the forum which is a totally different entity, the mandate group speaks only for those who signed the mandate. Forum is open to all and anybody can sign up log in posters have to stand over their own individual posts. If the mandate committee issues a press release on any issue it will be signed by the committee

It seems that YBIG had a place at the FAI table and, now that it has lost that place to supporters clubs, and are attempting to get it back. 

The mandate group are attempting to get a working relationship with the FAI, they will not be joining the confederation and will thus retain their independence and the ability to criticise where warrented. We seek a level playing field for ALL supporters so no one group has an advantage and supporters are judged on their attendance records not who they know.

The supporters clubs are cleverly succeeding at a game in which the FAI make the rules, own the ball and have the keys to the playing field. As Irish supporters of long standing know only too well, moral victories bring no prizes.

I look forward to the confederation next press release (hopefully better than their last Wink) and their championing of a universal away scheme applicable to all fans whether in supporters clubs or not

DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 1:17pm
Good stuff NR!! Clap
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 1:45pm
Good man NR
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 1:53pm

Forgive my ignorance, but could someone outline the difference between the organisation proposed here and a supporters' club?

It is a grouping made up of principally independents fans and some supporters club members argueing for more transparency and for all fans to be treated equally - see the opening post in the Mandate thread for further details

https://forum.ybig.ie/ybig-mandate-sign-up-here_topic53706. - https://forum.ybig.ie/ybig-mandate-sign-up-here_topic53706.html</a>

It is not affiliated to the confederation/FAI  and so we retain the independence to criticise when required

Thanks for the explanation.
I also read the original thread as you suggested.

Given the new group's size (c.400 was the last figure I saw)relative to say the largest supporters club(950+),do you think the FAI will be bothered to listen to an organisation that brings no collective revenue to the table (the group won't involve itself in distribution of ticketing and is publicly vociferous in it's criticism of the FAI and virulently hostile and antagonistic to the CEO of the association it wants to influence?

It seems that YBIG had a place at the FAI table and, now that it has lost that place to supporters clubs, is jealously desperate to get it back.

Does this joker ever give upLOL
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 2:31pm
JustSayingLike Thumbs Up
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2017 at 8:48pm

Thanks for those detailed and very understandable answers. I must, again, admit to being largely ignorant of most of the finer details in this complicated set of circumstances. I have gathered most of my information on this forum, so forgive me if I misunderstand some points of view.

you would be surprised how many people dip into this forum despite throwing teddy out of the pram at various stages, especially around match days and away travel, its nearly like the 'go to' place for info, hell even the FAI log in Smile

One further question. What if the FAI, after meeting with the mandate group, refuse to budge on your demands? What action can the group take? .

You would hardly  expect us to divulge such top secret information on a public form , who do you think we are the White House ?

The mandate group may take a moral high ground, and may very well be morally right to do so, I think you may be entering the realm of moral victories and the lonely place that it is.
I hope I am wrong and that you get all the fairness you request, but, I would again point out that, in this game, the FAI make the rules, own the ball and regretfully decide on what is fair.
Good luck.

when my granddaughter asks me 'Grandad what did you do to right one of the greatest injustice of 21st century Ireland* I can say

'at least I tried ' Big smile

*slight exaggeration
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 12:19pm
Cheers for the update sent out folks.
One quick question - are you allowed to say who attended the meeting from the FAI side ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 19>
  Share Topic