You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lynden Gooch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lynden Gooch
    Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 11:34am
Started last 2 games for Sunderland American born played u-18 for us and has Irish mother worth a gamble in upcoming qualifiers has shown good potential so far
Sponsored Links

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 11:38am
He sounds like a fictional character from some time travelling caper.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 11:40am
One of the Gooch's of Kerry
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by bannerboy95 bannerboy95 wrote:

Started last 2 games for Sunderland American born played u-18 for us and has Irish mother worth a gamble in upcoming qualifiers has shown good potential so far

worth a gamble in qualifiers.....possible jumping the gun here a bit!

where does he play? is he a star performer so far or has he just been so so?

is he still u21?
It's not me it's you:-)
bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 12:42pm
Only 20 not 21 till December played very well away at City last week nice and technical on the ball great workrate and engine was alright yesterday think he will get serious gametime at Sunderland this season....reminded me a lot of Alan Judge in fairness we could do much worse than Gooch he will surely be one to watch for the remainder of this season.....after looking further into this MON originally signed him at Sunderland as a 16 year old so there is every chance he could get a future call up
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 12:44pm
hasnt he already declared for USA?
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 12:55pm
Played for their U20s in last years WC
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 12:56pm
What's his international outlook?

Although he's also eligible to turn out for England or Ireland, Gooch has made it clear on several occasions that his international ambitions are colored red, white and blue. He has seven US U-20 caps to his credit, and though left off the finals squad, helped the team qualify for the 2015 World Cup.

Gooch did accept one Ireland Under-18 call-up in 2013 and started a friendly loss to Switzerland, but stated that it was more of a due-diligence maneuver. “I just wanted to see what it was like,” he told American Soccer Now at the time. “But No. 1 is the US. The US is my country. I definitely want to play for the US.”

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 1:32pm
Already had all this on another thread. He's sticking with the U.S.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 1:50pm
Pity. With a name like Gooch he just has to be quality. Probably found of the sauce too.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 4:45pm
was fun while it lasted
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 6:31pm
He has a brilliant attitude and in fairness to him, very confident on the ball.

Looked gutted after the match yesterday, refreshing to see that he seemed to really care.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 10:04pm
Called up to the senior USMT today! 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 10:39am
Letting Lynden Gooch go is criminal.  He's born in the US because of his Dad's job.  Hasn't lived there since he was 11.  Ma is Irish.  Klinnsman saw the risk and has now called him up.  We should have been in there.  Crying shame.

The USA call-up is for friendly games, so he still won't be tied to them. 

The  yanks have half the Bundesliga playing for them, so hardly need him.  I imagine that he can't feel very American as he has no family from there.   

MO'N, get the finger out and get this guy onboard!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 11:29am
Criminal no, disappointing yes. The US clearly always had the advantage on us but we certainly should have made a better attempt. On an aside, that US squad is an example of exactly what an Irish manager should but would never do. Lots of young, inexperienced, (and dual-nationality) lads getting a taste of international football in a risk-free environment.

Edited by The O'Shea - 03 Oct 2016 at 11:30am
We're decent enough..
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 2:53pm
Gooch made his competitive debut there for the US against Costa Rica, so we've definitely lost him now.

Shame, given that only two or three months ago he was saying it would be an honour to represent Ireland.  

With his pace, work-ethic and age-profile, he could have been a useful addition.  Just feel the senior set-up could have done a little more to get him involved, maybe brought him in on a development basis (initially) as they did with O'Dowda.  Definitely one that's slipped through our fingers.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 3:40pm
Adios to the ROW section
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 3:56pm
And never shall he be spoken off again......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic